when rats continue to leave the rotten ship

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

when rats continue to leave the rotten ship

Post by notaleaguefan »

The NRL has expressed concerns about the effect that a constant turnover of club chief executives has on the game after 50 were churned through in the space of just five years.

The 16 club bosses will descend on Rugby League Central on to discuss a raft of issues including the prospect of introducing a transfer window, the formation of a coaches association, an update on the women’s competition and a discussion about the game’s footprint.

However, the governing body is concerned that the revolving door of club bosses makes it difficult to come together and provide the continuity required to tackle the game’s biggest challenges. NRL CEO Todd Greenberg is concerned about the churn and his fears are shared by ARLC chairman Peter Beattie.

"It really is important that we get the best people for those positions and then get some consistency," Beattie said.
We’re trying to bring the club CEOs and chairs together to develop the culture across the whole of the game, we don’t just want to operate as 16 clubs.

RELATED ARTICLE
Parramatta star Blake Ferguson is the latest victim of an on-line racist attack.
NRL 2019
NSW star Blake Ferguson latest victim of vile racist attack
Add to shortlist
"What we can do is encourage the clubs to go out and get the best people, you don’t want to compromise on that, and then keep them for consistency. We need stability in those key positions, otherwise you can’t grow the game.

"If we do that, we get better results. At the moment there is too much change, too much churn.

"You need consistency, corporate knowledge and that leads to professionalism and good decisions. The demands on the game these days as it becomes more professional are very high. I’m not being critical of anyone, but there’s a need for the game to be more consistent."

Long gone are the days when club bosses held their positions for decades. Former Parramatta powerbroker Denis Fitzgerald ran the club for 30 years before he eventually was ousted during club elections. Another long-serving administrator, former St George Illawarra CEO Peter Doust, finally stepped down last season after 18 years at the helm.

Manly is a club that has gone through more than most having gone through a plethora of powerbrokers including Lyall Gorman, Tim Cleary, Joe Kelly, David Perry, Grant Mayer, Graham Lowe, Pat Wilson, Paul Cummings (twice) and Ian Thomson since the Northern Eagles debacle. It’s understood the Sea Eagles are poised to announce their latest club boss shortly.

Legendary coach Jack Gibson always said that winning starts in the front office, but the churn of CEOs can be as constant of that of players and coaches.

"The relationship between the NRL, the commission and the clubs is probably the best it has been," Beattie said. "We need to keep working on that and I’m confident we can do this together, but (the turnover) is a challenge."

Transfer windows have also been placed on the meeting agenda.

RELATED ARTICLE
Peter Beattie says the ARLC is missing out on some great people due to eligibility rules.
NRL 2019
State lines won't blur decision on new commissioner
Add to shortlist
The NRL will put a proposal in front of the club bosses which will explain how windows would impact player movement for all parties.

The proposal has been opposed by the RLPA.

"We're not supportive of the proposal to introduce trade and transfer windows for a range of reasons," RLPA CEO Ian Prendergast said. "However, we are open to having ongoing discussions about whether any improvement can be made to the current system.

"Any changes to the contract model that are inconsistent with the contract model we've committed to under the CBA would need to be agreed with the RLPA."

If transfer windows are introduced without the tick of approval from the RLPA, it's understood the players association will argue the NRL are in breach of the collective bargaining agreement and head down a dispute resolution avenue, as it has already done in the case of no-fault stand downs."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/50-in- ... 52gru.html
notaleaguefan
Banned

Re: when rats continue to leave the rotten ship

Post by notaleaguefan »

nrlol clubs find it difficult to hold down decent personal who dont want to be associated in leaving the polished turd of a club :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
All sports have club official turnover .
Dumb dumb thread .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

One of your more dumber [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:37 pm
nrlol clubs find it difficult to hold down decent personal who dont want to be associated in leaving the polished turd of a club :(/
Probably a good idea to check with Gilty and the boys at fumblehouse about management idiot. They had a lotta lotta fun with the junior female staff they were chasing around the office pal. Remember? No? Idiots do that!!!

Another fail. Can you possibly find a village that want's ya idiot??
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

The NRL has expressed concerns about the effect that a constant turnover of club chief executives has on the game after 50 were churned through in the space of just five years.

The 16 club bosses will descend on Rugby League Central on to discuss a raft of issues including the prospect of introducing a transfer window, the formation of a coaches association, an update on the women’s competition and a discussion about the game’s footprint.

However, the governing body is concerned that the revolving door of club bosses makes it difficult to come together and provide the continuity required to tackle the game’s biggest challenges. NRL CEO Todd Greenberg is concerned about the churn and his fears are shared by ARLC chairman Peter Beattie.

:))) :))) :)))
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol whoosh

Didn't get any smarter on your enforced break .
Even starting from a very very low base .

Pointing the finger at RL while ignoring the same in your code
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Come on......

Everybody know you can't Polish a turd.

But you can roll it in glitter.

NRL glitter.....
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

SportCapital wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 pm
Come on......

Everybody know you can't Polish a turd.

But you can roll it in glitter.

NRL glitter.....
No need to convince a sane person that!

It’s not surprising after the nrlol commission applied and failed twice to obtain a bank loan to pay running costs!

Once the books are opened, time to get the fark outta there
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Isn't Beatie leaving?? A but hypocritical on his part.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am
Actuallly Fred Beattie said he is prepared to either leave or remain on the commission and hand over the leadership role to someone else if it's means he gets some of his reforms up.

And if that means Peter V'landys takes over that will be a major positive. V'Landys is a top operater.
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:44 am
Fred wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am
Actuallly Fred Beattie said he is prepared to either leave or remain on the commission and hand over the leadership role to someone else if it's means he gets some of his reforms up.

And if that means Peter V'landys takes over that will be a major positive. V'Landys is a top operater.
Of course he is! Only the best for the nrlol :lol:

More names to add to the list of the revolving door down in nrlolololololol land