Sydney Football Stadium rebuild in chaos as Lendlease leaves project

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Sydney Football Stadium rebuild in chaos as Lendlease leaves project

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 pm
A lot of AFL fans are against anything that is beneficial for other football codes.
Why, because they see this as a threat to the progress of their code. A lot of AFL fans want NSW and Qld to be like Melbourne.
It upsets them that we prefer other codes here. They can't comprehend that some people just don't like AFL. Because they are from small bubble areas where AFL is life.
no!
the bubble is of the insecure league world who thinks everyone is out to get them!

the most hilarious thing of all about this debacle is that you loons need to try and bring the afl in to this and keep trying to assure every one that its going to be ok :lol: :lol:

sponsors arent lining up for this project with & there was reasons in the contract why lend lease bailed :lol:
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:08 pm
Lol. Small afl bubble where it exists . Second most popular and followed code in Sydney. Most popular in some parts of nsw.

As I have said before... it were Sydney folk and a Sydney issue re: the money spent on these stadiums. I assume most complaining were rl folk, ru folk, or soccer folk? Why would afl folk care. They have the SCG, the most iconic ground in Sydney many would argue. I don’t think they liked playing at anz anyway.
Second most followed code in NSW :lol: :lol:

Second most followed code that gets shown on 7mate. A channel which ratings average 3.9%. =D

Second most popular code, which has less players and clubs in Sydney than Soccer, Ruby Union and Rugby League :lol:

Second most popular code yet the AFL footy show is on at 1am :(/

Such a demand for the number 2 code in NSW :cool: :lol:

Suburban Shute Shield Rugby had been known to outrate AFL games on 7mate. :lol:

Fred 100% your from a Southern state like Victoria if you think that.

Time to stop fibbing freddy :^o
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:34 pm
Lol. Small afl bubble where it exists . Second most popular and followed code in Sydney. Most popular in some parts of nsw.

As I have said before... it were Sydney folk and a Sydney issue re: the money spent on these stadiums. I assume most complaining were rl folk, ru folk, or soccer folk? Why would afl folk care. They have the SCG, the most iconic ground in Sydney many would argue. I don’t think they liked playing at anz anyway.

Second most followed code that gets shown on 7mate. A channel which ratings average 3.9%. =D

Second most popular code, which has less players and clubs in Sydney than Soccer, Ruby Union and Rugby League :lol:

Crowds, ratings, memberships, media coverage would suggest otherwise ... soccers not bigger on any of those measures. Aussie Rules numbers, clubs, leagues continue to grow. Soccer has good junior numbers that’s about it. Union is all but dead. Australian Rules ...number two easily. It sure what bubble you’re in there in Sydney but maybe get out a bit. Even LeRoy will tell you the North Shore is heading or has headed yo AFL.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

AFL themselves were not happy with ANZ being reconfigured. Was all over the news when decision was being made.

You guys are never going to convert two whole states to be like the Victoria lol..
You can't sustain interest with exhibition matches in NZ :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Crowds, ratings, memberships, media coverage would suggest otherwise ... soccers not bigger on any of those measures. Aussie Rules numbers, clubs, leagues continue to grow. Soccer has good junior numbers that’s about it. Union is all but dead. Australian Rules ...number two easily. It sure what bubble you’re in there in Sydney but maybe get out a bit. Even LeRoy will tell you the North Shore is heading or has headed yo AFL.
Wallabies produce TV ratings anglofl with all its promotion can only dream off. Membership numbers fake - includes pets for two matches. Look at gws crowds in spite of membership numbers. Soccer participation crushes anglofl & with new team coming on line with draw more live fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 pm

The North Shore doesn't even have a semi professional AFL club. :lol:
Yet there are 2 semi professional Rugby Union clubs in the North Shore and a total of 5 in the Northern Sydney area.
Northern Suburbs
Gordon
Waringah
Manly
Eastwood.

Telling a few fibs again Freddy eh??? :wink: :^o

Wouldn't AFL at least have a televised semi professional league with at least one team instead of none if it was so popular on the North Shore. :D: =D =D

5 SEMI PROFESSIONAL RUGBY CLUBS FRED TO AFLS ZERO IN THE SAME AREA :thumbleft:

oh dear Freddy :(/
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I was referring to Leroy’s observations re North Shore. People are voting with their feet. Crowds don’t lie. I don’t lie :)
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:27 pm
I was referring to Leroy’s observations re North Shore. People are voting with their feet. Crowds don’t lie. I don’t lie :)
Crowds are only a lie when it comes to the afl not the nrlol apparently :lol:
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Any ways back in topic

The celebrated architect behind the Sydney Football Stadium, Philip Cox, believes it is still "one of the great stadiums of the world" and considers plans to demolish it shows "a certain philistinism" in NSW.

While largely staying out of the furious debate about the future of Sydney's stadiums, Mr Cox said he had come to terms with the Berejiklian government's decision to demolish the Moore Park venue early in the new year.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/arc ... 50lac.html

only providing more proof of some dodgy play of some Sydney sporting official desperate to get a new venue
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:30 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:27 pm
Another one says nah

but two others will put in bids
So what's ya point pal???? Have ya got one????

Mine is: the stadium will be built on time and very close to budget. Remembering the Parra stadium came in under budget.

Got a point to ya post pal???”

Yesterdays News

The NSW government has now awarded a $735 million contract to John Holland for the stadium build, scheduled for completion in 2022 ahead of the 2022 NRL grand final.

Hmm, not on time.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian insists the state government got the best price and timeline for construction of the new Sydney Football Stadium despite a $99 million blowout.
That would lift the total estimated cost for the new stadium to $828 million - almost $100 million higher than the government's initial $729 million budget.

hmm, not on budget

The NSW government has now awarded a $735 million contract to John Holland for the stadium build, scheduled for completion in 2022 ahead of the 2022 NRL grand final

There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:29 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:30 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:27 pm
Another one says nah

but two others will put in bids
So what's ya point pal???? Have ya got one????

Mine is: the stadium will be built on time and very close to budget. Remembering the Parra stadium came in under budget.

Got a point to ya post pal???”

Yesterdays News

The NSW government has now awarded a $735 million contract to John Holland for the stadium build, scheduled for completion in 2022 ahead of the 2022 NRL grand final.

Hmm, not on time.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian insists the state government got the best price and timeline for construction of the new Sydney Football Stadium despite a $99 million blowout.
That would lift the total estimated cost for the new stadium to $828 million - almost $100 million higher than the government's initial $729 million budget.

hmm, not on budget

The NSW government has now awarded a $735 million contract to John Holland for the stadium build, scheduled for completion in 2022 ahead of the 2022 NRL grand final

It don't matter pal! The people have voted. The stadium will be built!!! Simple stuff!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Well Chump

I don’t think anyone argued or stated that the stadium would not be built, so your rely is, umm pointless.

You responded to a relevant Post by Wookie with:

“So what's ya point pal???? Have ya got one????

Mine is: the stadium will be built on time and very close to budget. Remembering the Parra stadium came in under budget.”

Quite clearly it won’t be built on time or budget, so your points are well and truly blunted.

Or didn’t you understand the point of my “simple” post?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.