Second Cricket Test Analysis

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Second Cricket Test Analysis

Post by crocodileman »

Australia, after winning the toss are 0/86 at lunch after 29 overs. Justin Langer is leading the way with 51 not out, including eight fours.

No surprises in the first session of play - it's obviously a day for batting. Australia must be long odds on to win the game now!
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Australia now 0/129 with both Hayden and Langer not out on 63 runs. They look like a huge first innings total may be on offer.

It seems as though Vettori is the only bowler who is slowing the Aussies'progress whoare scoring at about 3 runs per over.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Currently 1/189 coming towards the tea break. Ponting is a man in a hurry, smashing boundaries at will ATM. NZ could be in for another long day tomorrow. Poor bastards :lol:

Interesting to note that ponting hasnt failed to make at least a half century in the 1st innings of the Adelaide Test in the last 5-6 years :shock:
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
Currently 1/189 coming towards the tea break. Ponting is a man in a hurry, smashing boundaries at will ATM. NZ could be in for another long day tomorrow. Poor bastards :lol:

Interesting to note that ponting hasnt failed to make at least a half century in the 1st innings of the Adelaide Test in the last 5-6 years :shock:
Well at least NZ can take comfort in the fact that Australia will step up the pace and declare sometime tomorrow around tea - they won't bat into a third day.

You've got tohand it to Langer - he is an unattractive batsman to watch, has technical deficiencies and looks awkward, but is tenacious and is never far off a good innings.

Ponting has class written all over him.

How is Franklin bowling? His figures look bad.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Franklin was smashed by Langer in the 2nd over of the day.

The over went:

Nb, 4, 4, 0, 4, 4, Nb, ?

Something like that.

He's been smashed well in several other overs too. Certainly looks tense and a bit out of his league to be quite honest. Has the ability physically, but he's not thinking bowler under pressure IMHO. He just didn't get the message Langer sent to him early on. If you take a look at Langer's wagon wheel vs Franklin, you'll see the situation quite clealy. At one stage it was 9 boundaries and 1 single. All the 4's were in the same area through cover.

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Ponting just dismissed for 68 when trying to hit Vettori out of the ground. Langer's 100 is only a single away.

I almost feel sorry for the kiwis. Almost.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

We're giving those kiwis a pasting - we are 6/530 or something like that. The only question is, will Ponting declare before Gilchrist gets his double-century!! :lol: :lol:
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

New Zealand getting hammered at this stage.

Australia are in the order of 450 runs ahead, and are now just batting to waste time.

The Kiwis I have to say just look completely unenthused.

Dare I say this, but ATM they are showing us why they are an extremely boring cricket team.

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:

Australia are in the order of 450 runs ahead, and are now just batting to waste time.

Dare I say this, but ATM they are showing us why they are an extremely boring cricket team.
Totally agree Dizi.

Their only hope in this test was to win the toss and bat - but it probably wouldn't have saved them anyway.
MG

Post by MG »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:

I watched nz bat for an hour this afternoon. They put me to sleep there run rate was about 1.8 runs per over. yes there boring.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Kiwis to be all out just before or after lunch.

So much for all their "breakthrough" theories on how to beat Australia.

:lol: :lol:

Formerly Uppy80
Mikey G
Team:

Post by Mikey G »

does anyone think that the Kiwi's can pick up their act for the 1 dayers? they were terrible in the tests, I can't see them making a decent game of it.
I've lost my mind. Please help me find it.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Mikey G wrote:
does anyone think that the Kiwi's can pick up their act for the 1 dayers? they were terrible in the tests, I can't see them making a decent game of it.
Personally no, but who knows, one dayers are a whole new ball game.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Mikey G wrote:
Mikey, I believe they will struggle in the one-dayers, although their one day ranking is much higher than their current test ranking. They will be enthusiastic in the field, and depending on conditions, may get away with winning a game.

Their form in England earlier this year, was woeful in the Tests, but they still made the final of the Tri-Series over there and their form in the pool matches was very good.

Despite this, I reckon the sports psychologists would be getting paid overtime to get their heads back together!