Travel

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Travel

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:45 pm
And this :

You cant convert on a tourist Visa..
And Aus and many other countries are amongst those under the wrong convention
I think we are getting mixed up here as I went in to the country on a European passport that didn’t require a code so different rules apply & entered on a bike that I had obtained in Thailand and crossed through on the Cambodian border

But
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:52 pm
Well could be back to Tahiti ... just different islands. Air fares about the same. Misses was thinking Papeete for a few days and I’d want to go back to Thalasso bora bora and another island.

I still like Cook Islands as 1 it is different country I haven’t been to but Tahiti I was awesome.

The link here shows where we stayed. The couple having dinner on the beach is what we did and the rooms amazing. But pricey naturally. The chapel is where we would get married.. also in video.
I’ll find one of cool islands place which is also nice but not in same class

Thing I found with traveling heading back to the same place the second time is ever as good & so many other places in the world!

What’s the time frame would you be heading there for?
I’ve never been to those islands but am told you get board after 4 or 5 days there
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I agree and that’s my argument about going back to Tahiti. Although there are 100s of Islands to explore. We were never bored the whole time we were there. In Morea you are on the main island. We ride a bike one day around the whole island, went for walks one day and are out (first day), did a tour of lookouts etc another and kayaked our to sharks and rays another. There are a heaps of yours and such. On bora bora we were on a motu which is a island off the main island ... over water bungalow which was amazing. Again, snorkeled one day, did a tour another swimming with Sharks ... amazing .. and a jet ski tour ... 4 night. But now we have done that ???? Always had plenty to do.

Will just be 7 nights on cook island ... they are throwing in the wedding which is nice ...but that is just a private villa ... own pool and spa and just 7 of them but eating out is 10 min up the road.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

No ... have never had the desire but my brother just returned from several weeks doing Europe and Greece looked amazing.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Have decided and booked Aitutaki and Rarotonga.

Pacific Resort in Aitutaki and still working on Rarotonga.
Veni, vidi, vici
Simon Danielé
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Simon Danielé »

Hey mate i actually work for the best hotel and resort company in the Asia Pacific Region. Sofitel Bora Bora private island resort is absolutely beautiful. Singapore is another great place. Japan for its 2 very different history past and present. I suggest getting a membership to save as much as possible there is nothing wrong with having extra spending money while on holiday
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yeah done Bora Bora at intercontinental Thalasso ... loved it. Next trip after Cook Islands think sechelles
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay - Arutaki and Rarotonga booked for May next year.

Looking to 2021 or late 2020 - thinking Nepal for a week maybe? Anyone been? To be honest a bit over the SE Asian countries - but Hoian would be nice to finish off Vietnam. Sri Lanka - anyone been there?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay Cook Islands mostly booked.

Looking for somewhere a bit different and was thinking maladives in an over water bungalow. Thinking it’s a poor mans Bora Bora but also hear good things. They have some good deals I saw in the paper the other day. Any thoughts or other recommendations
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Fred wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 pm

Looking for somewhere a bit different and was thinking maladives in an over water bungalow. Thinking it’s a poor mans Bora Bora but also hear good things. They have some good deals I saw in the paper the other day. Any thoughts or other recommendations
I am in Sri Lanka at the moment, not a football of any kind to be seen. Did see five games of cricket being played on 1 field simultaneously. Damn confusing.
In the Maldives on Monday, will let you know.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Can someone tell Freddy that if you're not holidaying in Europe or North America you're just camping out. Ta.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:46 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 pm

I am in Sri Lanka at the moment, not a football of any kind to be seen. Did see five games of cricket being played on 1 field simultaneously. Damn confusing.
In the Maldives on Monday, will let you know.
Cheers, was thinking about Sri Lanka before the bombings - something a little different to other parts of Asia but still lots of culture. Look forward to your feedback and recommendations.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:15 pm
Okay - Arutaki and Rarotonga booked for May next year.

Looking to 2021 or late 2020 - thinking Nepal for a week maybe? Anyone been? To be honest a bit over the SE Asian countries - but Hoian would be nice to finish off Vietnam. Sri Lanka - anyone been there?
Never been but over the years of talking to the people who have been, most seem to be in to their diving
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yeah diving is out for me know after blowing an ear drum!!!

May give it a go at sometime . Running out of places to go with a beach and different culture
Veni, vidi, vici