Afl captains emulating fan violence

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Afl captains emulating fan violence

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:11 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:08 pm
They're tough men
Agreed

Having played both codes I can inform everyone best here. Aflcrap1 states sarcastically that the Afl boys are tough men after I highlighted an Afl club captain in a pinching episode where after he was caught he said, like a child, he’s keep his head down and bum up.

Beaussie has entered stage right with a you tube vid with fantastically dramatic music apparently showing us Afl “big hits”. Again having played both codes I can break this vid down. Actually it’s not big hits in the vid at all really. It’s basically accidental collisions mixed with dog shots. This is not tough. I repeat, THIS IS NOT TOUGH! And neither is pinching!!! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:25 pm
The nrl have never approached an AFL and I don”t think they could afford to pay an elite player to switch like the afl did.
A common and very dumb argument from Afl fans referring to why nrl doesn’t approach Afl players.

“An AFL club has about 50 per cent more players on its list than an NRL club, but the average wage for an AFL player will be $371,000 a year (an increase from $309,000), while the average wage of an NRL player increases from $260,000 to $330,000.”

:lol: sorry phelpsy me boy, just had to expose ur dodgy myth there ;) don’t say or think it again...k?

:lol:

... :lol:

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yep average.... now pay attention ke old boy :)

An elite Afl player ... would be on ??? A lot more. The nrl are not going to entice an elite high profile player over without significant coin over what they are already getting.

An if your an average AFL are you going to drop 40000 first of all? And then that’s assuming you are going to be on average wage which is unlikely you are going to be at the lower end of the spread. But then are you going to leave a 370000 dollar job to take a chance on playing nrl ??? A game that is completely foreign?

May you do think that but I’ll ask in all seriousness ...now if this afl nrl crap that goes on...but an honest look at it.

Mate, I wouldn’t expect an nrl player to do the same on reverse unless the afl (as they did) threw a large sum of money their way. I’m sure if the nrl offered several mil to an afl player to switch to nrl in the new Perth team I’m An sure there would be takers. And there would be pressure that that player played st some point too. Surely you’d agree? I mean pretend we are talking at the pub and being sensible (terry’s behind the bar checking the til) or pm if you want to keep the pretence up on here.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Come on Fred........you are framing an idiotic argument by assuming 1) Any fumbler would make it in the NRL and 2) Any NRL club would want an AFL player due to point 1.

Bottom line is no AFL player would ever make it due to the greater skill, athleticism, power and speed needed in RL. It is pointless arguing about it.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Freddie aka phelpsy me boy, my point is the nrl clearly have the moolah to attract an Afl player and pay em extra dollars. Fact is, they would never do it because an Afl player would likely be seriously injured in the first 20minutes of their first game. Their thin feeble bodies and poor tackling technique simply wouldn’t cut the mustard. They’d be pounded to timbucktoo and if Nic reiwoldt is anything to go by (is when he gets hit hard) wed likely have Afl players in tears from sadness and pain of being thoroughly dealt with.

It’s just the way it is phelpsy me boy. It’s just the way it is. :)

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay - so maybe I'll await a PM for your serious response.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm
Come on Fred........you are framing an idiotic argument by assuming 1) Any fumbler would make it in the NRL and 2) Any NRL club would want an AFL player due to point 1.

Bottom line is no AFL player would ever make it due to the greater skill, athleticism, power and speed needed in RL. It is pointless arguing about it.

you are right about one thing - it is pointless arguing about it for sure - or trying to have a reasonable discussion.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm

greater skill, speed, atheticism in league :(/ :(/
power yes as the meat heads just plod along and ram in to each other!

all up thats why leagues finest struggled and were surpassed in speed, skill, talent, smarts, endurance, athlericism by a team of kids and opposition sizes of all form!

According to Champion Data player ranking points, Folau's first season in the AFL grades him the 415th player out of the 416 to have played 10 or more games. Only 22-year-old Richmond small utility Addam Maric has a lower Champion Data ranking points average this season
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 495e0fdf0a :))) :lol:

one has to laugh how you loons consistantly try and class total failure as a success story :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The annual SOO meltdownis on big time today. I'd say the simpletons have lost the plot but you can't lose something you never had lololololol.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

no come back so deflecting already terry

again
all up thats why leagues finest struggled and were surpassed in speed, skill, talent, smarts, endurance, athlericism by a team of kids and opposition sizes of all form!

According to Champion Data player ranking points, Folau's first season in the AFL grades him the 415th player out of the 416 to have played 10 or more games. Only 22-year-old Richmond small utility Addam Maric has a lower Champion Data ranking points average this season
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 495e0fdf0a :))) :lol:

one has to laugh how you loons consistantly try and class total failure as a success story :lol:

simpleton :)))
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol at least RL players can play Aflol at the highest level in the world without any background in the game .
Yet no afl player can even play at domestic level in RL
Let alone our rep levels
Says it all really .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

And let’s be clear here, it’s actually not only rugby league players who can waltz into the top level of Afl.

Gaelic footy players, hurling players, basketballers, and rugby union players have all made the transition and played better than hundreds of other Afl players who’d spent their entire lives practising the game :lol: it’s just an athlete and sportsman thing, the Afl don’t really grow world class sportsmen and athletes like other codes.

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

When Perth Reds first Entered a team in the ARL/NRL they recruited a very successful AFL player, he has won numerous awards. He never made a 1st grade appearance :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: who was that pussycat?

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:25 am
When Perth Reds first Entered a team in the ARL/NRL they recruited a very successful AFL player, he has won numerous awards. He never made a 1st grade appearance :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought he was at the end of his career or career was over in aFL?
Veni, vidi, vici