Afl captains emulating fan violence

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Afl captains emulating fan violence

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well it’s not bashing women and disabled people but it’s still shameful. Hawthorne captains been suspended for two weeks for pinching. [-X

Hawthorn captain Ben Stratton has apologised again and vowed to put his "head down and bum up"

Head down bum up? Wtf? Is this dude mentally still in year two?

The Afl eh :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Afl captains emulating fan violence

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Haha that is the typical response you would expect from an AFL player.

Softest football code on the planet. Not even real football.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

They're tough men in fumbles lol lol lol lol lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:08 pm
They're tough men
Agreed

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bhaaaaaaaaaa
They wouldn't last 5 mins in RL
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:13 pm
Bhaaaaaaaaaa
And you know this how? I’m sure if rl could afford to pay a player to switch codex there would be plenty to come over. But why would an elite afl player take a pay cut..... anyway... you seem so anti AFL no matter what maybe open up to it a little and you may enjoy it. Hate only eats you up and you suffer. Try saying something nice about AFL ... like ... the raising of money for MND ... that is a good initiative don’t you think. What’s you view on that?

Anyway... two different games. Lining up waiting for a tackle is a little different to getting shirt fronted from no where. Although the afl has made the game soft with the shirt front now often ending on report. And what is with this “unduly rough play”. You can’t even tackle hard and aggressively anymore ... drives me nuts. People saying a player had to go the ball ... no he doesn’t ... (or she). You can take a player within 5 metres of the ball under the rules.

Anyone got the hit on Michael Voss by a Collingwood player ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:48 pm
This one?

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Bhaaaaaaaaaa
And you know this how? I’m sure if rl could afford to pay a player to switch codex there would be plenty to come over. But why would an elite afl player take a pay cut..... anyway... you seem so anti AFL no matter what maybe open up to it a little and you may enjoy it. Hate only eats you up and you suffer. Try saying something nice about AFL ... like ... the raising of money for MND ... that is a good initiative don’t you think. What’s you view on that?

Anyway... two different games. Lining up waiting for a tackle is a little different to getting shirt fronted from no where. Although the afl has made the game soft with the shirt front now often ending on report. And what is with this “unduly rough play”. You can’t even tackle hard and aggressively anymore ... drives me nuts. People saying a player had to go the ball ... no he doesn’t ... (or she). You can take a player within 5 metres of the ball under the rules.

Mate Rugby League would never look at AFL for player talent. Your kidding right?? :lol:
Is only AFL that has tried to buy our players.
Trust me AFL players have tried in the past but not 1 ever got to play in first grade NRL.
If NRL wanted to buy players from other codes they would look at Rugby Union first and Gridiron second.

Honestly a typical AFL player would get absolutely smashed in a Rugby code. The players are heavier, stronger and tackle way harder.

I've seen AFL players walking round and the average guy in my gym would have more muscle mass than most of them lol..
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Beaussie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:57 pm
This one?

Comical lol
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Yeah unfortunately those AFL hits still look quite soft compared to Rugby codes.

🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:03 pm
Bhaaaaaaaaaa

Mate Rugby League would never look at AFL for player talent. Your kidding right?? :lol:
Trust me AFL players have tried in the past but not 1 ever got to play in first grade NRL.
If NRL wanted to buy players from other codes they would look at Rugby Union first and Gridiron second.

Honestly a typical AFL player would get absolutely smashed in a Rugby code. The players are heavier, stronger and tackle way harder.

I've seen AFL players walking round and the average guy in my gym would have more muscle mass than most of them lol..
Mate, you are not serious. An elite afl player would have to put on some weight agree ad it is a different game but that’s easily done. You look at the likes of the smaller players like Alfy Langer and Billy Slater ... it’s not all about being huge. I’ve met Alfi and the misses knows the family well, he is no giant but he is a gifted althlete. There are some massive fellas in rl don’t get me wrong and there are some big blokes in afl too ... the are more lean as need to be given the nature of the game these days... but big boys nonetheless. I have no doubt whatsoever that several players could transition successfully at the elite level. Can Smith has talked about this and who he thinks could as too K Hint in his time ... think he named g Ablett as one who would do it easy. Take that up with him if you disagree.

As for afl players transitioning ... seriously. I know there was that sun’s player who tried but he was hardly elite. To transition from one code to another (that is completely different) I think you need to be a type of all round athlete. K Hunt was like this... he did okay at the suns and made the most of it when there. I think he would have got a game regardless of the marketing side of things ... maybe not as soon but would have earnt a spot for a few games. Fallou ... he struggled big time. He had everything going for him in size and physique and had Reiner to jump and mark but he simply didn’t cut it. Would never have got a game had it not been a marketing thing. People may argue and cite the likes of Sheedy pumping him up ... but we all know he was crap... particularly given his god given natural talent. May several years learning the game but he just did not have the stamina for mine for modern footy ... a brand I don’t partially like where everyone is in a quarter of the ground.

Now... an afl player at the top of his game .. on big money ... you really think he is going to go to Play for an Nrl club without significant remuneration? That is well well over what he is on? Why would he risk that? Even if the nrl could pay up ( as with hint and falou afl paid most of the contract for promotion). Would they risk failing? Which of course is possible?

I would be interested to know all those elite afl players who have left (LEFT) the afl to try our for the nrl. I think there was the sun’s player Wilkinson who tried nfl then rl ... and a west coast player who payed second tier for wa reds. Not sure any where elite at the time.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:15 pm
Yeah unfortunately those AFL hits still look quite soft compared to Rugby codes.

Nrl ones ? Says Rugby for life at the bottom.. players expecting and bracing for impact . In saying that, tackling is a fundamental part of rl so you’d hope they could hit hard. To be honest, don’t think that video was the best example of hard hitting in nrl. Seen plenty better over the years ... some real crackers ... a few in there but mainly fighting and other stuff. I put it to others to make a better video then that one.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:22 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Nrl ones ? Says Rugby for life at the bottom.. players expecting and bracing for impact . In saying that, tackling is a fundamental part of rl so you’d hope they could hit hard. To be honest, don’t think that video was the best example of hard hitting in nrl. Seen plenty better over the years ... some real crackers ... a few in there but mainly fighting and other stuff. I put it to others to make a better video then that one.
Is a rugby youtube page with an NRL highlights video. As a lot of Rugby fans do like Rugby League and vice versa. Myself I like that video, has had good feedback amongst fans on youtube.

As for the hits, every single one on there are harder than those two pussy collisions on the AFL video. :cool:
Honestly it makes me laugh how AFL try to promote their players as hard :lol: :lol:

You've got a couple who are. But the vast majority look like the average jogger running in the city to surf.
Never has and never will be an explosive sprint sport due to the structure of the game.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:20 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:03 pm

Mate, you are not serious. An elite afl player would have to put on some weight agree ad it is a different game but that’s easily done. You look at the likes of the smaller players like Alfy Langer and Billy Slater ... it’s not all about being huge. I’ve met Alfi and the misses knows the family well, he is no giant but he is a gifted althlete. There are some massive fellas in rl don’t get me wrong and there are some big blokes in afl too ... the are more lean as need to be given the nature of the game these days... but big boys nonetheless. I have no doubt whatsoever that several players could transition successfully at the elite level. Can Smith has talked about this and who he thinks could as too K Hint in his time ... think he named g Ablett as one who would do it easy. Take that up with him if you disagree.

As for afl players transitioning ... seriously. I know there was that sun’s player who tried but he was hardly elite. To transition from one code to another (that is completely different) I think you need to be a type of all round athlete. K Hunt was like this... he did okay at the suns and made the most of it when there. I think he would have got a game regardless of the marketing side of things ... maybe not as soon but would have earnt a spot for a few games. Fallou ... he struggled big time. He had everything going for him in size and physique and had Reiner to jump and mark but he simply didn’t cut it. Would never have got a game had it not been a marketing thing. People may argue and cite the likes of Sheedy pumping him up ... but we all know he was crap... particularly given his god given natural talent. May several years learning the game but he just did not have the stamina for mine for modern footy ... a brand I don’t partially like where everyone is in a quarter of the ground.

Now... an afl player at the top of his game .. on big money ... you really think he is going to go to Play for an Nrl club without significant remuneration? That is well well over what he is on? Why would he risk that? Even if the nrl could pay up ( as with hint and falou afl paid most of the contract for promotion). Would they risk failing? Which of course is possible?

I would be interested to know all those elite afl players who have left (LEFT) the afl to try our for the nrl. I think there was the sun’s player Wilkinson who tried nfl then rl ... and a west coast player who payed second tier for wa reds. Not sure any where elite at the time.
Yes I am serious.
Both those AFL players could not make first grade NRL that you mentioned. Look it up if you don't believe me. They tried and failed.

Have you ever noticed only AFL tries to pinch NRL players but NRL has never even been interested in AFL players. :cool:

There is a reason.

WHY WOULD NRL WANT PLAYERS FROM A SPORT THAT ARE USED TO

1 DROPPING THE BALL CONSTANTLY AND PLAYING ON?

2 USED TO KICKING AT GOALS WITH NO CROSSBAR AND EXTRA SIDE GOALS?

3 WITH POOR TACKLING SKILLS AND USED TO PLAYING ON WITH THEIR FEET ON THE OUTSIDE BOUNDARY LINE?

NRL would never want players from a sport with rules like that.

No AFL player has ever been able to make first grade NRL for a reason. It is simply far to challenging for an AFL player to play Rugby League.

As for Billy Slater, he is not thin and gangly like an AFL player.
Not only that, he beat AFLs best in the rexona challenge. :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The nrl have never approached an AFL and I don”t think they could afford to pay an elite player to switch like the afl did.

Those two players I mentioned I agreed they never made it but they weren’t elite or at the top of their game.

Think about it... your an elite Afl player on top money ... say 450 thousand a year minimum ... you really going to leave your code and go and learn a new totally different game starting out on Rookie wages? Seriously. I would bet if the NRL stepped in and offered a player several million to go and play with a start up club with young players ... with a couple of years on lower grade comps to hone their skills, there would be several who would move.

The stuff you mention are just the rules of the game. Like an afl person saying you can get tackled in nrl and not have to get rid of the ball. It’s just a different game and doesn’t make nrl a lesser game. Also, only one player is usually the kicker on goal in nrl. So not sure of your point.

The Melbourne Storm already accredit getting AFL training principals into their training as a real benefit to their game ... like marking the ball in a pack ... and a storm player who did a ground kick last year yo win a final I think.. also accredited him learning the kicking style to something he got of afl players at training. Afl players also benefit from cross training such as tacking.

Any player that plays at such an elite level are exceptional althletes with exceptional skills in any code. This whole “afl has no skill” is stuff of school yards.
Veni, vidi, vici