How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Comedy genius .
Most watched sport in Aust .
That's not rejection .
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Bbear wrote: ↑Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:28 pm
Get out !
Hook up a caravan and travel right around Australia.
It will soon be apparent to you that most of the country has not embraced RL.
Australia ( most of ) has rejected Rugby League !
A sellout of State of Origin in Perth.

A bigger crowd for State of Origin in Melbourne than every AFL game ever played in NSW & Qld.

Some how that does not sound like rejection of Rugby League across Australia.

Hmm so where is AFLs popular games in England? Do they even know if AFL exists there?
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Afl has clearly a greater national foot print then rl. To argue otherwise is simply to show you ignorance.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: ↑Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:55 pm
Afl has clearly a greater national foot print then rl. To argue otherwise is simply to show you ignorance.
The quote wasn't greater national footprint. It was saying the rest of Australia rejected Rugby League.
When this is clearly not the case when you look at the turnouts matches have gotten when playing in AFL states like Victoria and W.A.

Saying that, we leave AFL for dead where it really counts with the global footprint.

28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES

10 more first grade clubs than AFL and teams in 4 more countries.
Let's be honest, that is a footprint ass kicking.

Mate we are even more global than AFL in reserve grade with feeder clubs with in PNG, France and Fiji soon too.

That is not even counting all our rep teams in Pacific cup. Samoa, Tonga, Fiji.

But wait, we are in the process of a possible professional team in New York too.

That could possibly one day make it 6 countries with 1st grade Rugby League clubs while AFL is still yet to get a team outside Australia.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 am
The quote wasn't greater national footprint. It was saying the rest of Australia rejected Rugby League.
When this is clearly not the case when you look at the turnouts matches have gotten when playing in AFL states like Victoria and W.A.

Saying that, we leave AFL for dead where it really counts with the global footprint.

Mate we are even more global than AFL in reserve grade with feeder clubs with in PNG, France and Fiji soon too.

But wait, we are in the process of a possible professional team in New York too.

That could possibly one day make it 6 countries with 1st grade Rugby League clubs while AFL is still yet to get a team outside Australia.
Lol
They do have trouble comprehending written English .
The old strawman arguement ( argue against something that was never stated)
&
Yep most of Australia hasn't rejected RL .
Seeing as it's the most watched sport .
Usually has te highest rating program of the year .
Shows how little the fumblers ever look outside the bubble .
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Rl far bigger internationally than afl no doubt. But rl is a very minor sport Outside nsw and qld you would agree. The novelty factor is there for sure but as far as grassroots go very very small.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: ↑Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:40 pm

Rl far bigger internationally than afl no doubt. But rl is a very minor sport Outside nsw and qld you would agree. The novelty factor is there for sure but as far as grassroots go very very small.
Yet we can still sellout State of Origin in Perth and get 90,000 plus at the MCG in Melbourne.

AFL has never gotten that many people in NSW and Qld.
I would say AFL is a minor sport in NSW and Qld too then.

Your games are mostly shown on 7mate in these states on a TV station that gets an average rating of 3%.

Wouldn't a major sport be shown on the most popular channels all the time? :lol:
Why is better homes and gardens rating higher than AFL games?

Saying that our sport at least has games played in these AFL states with good crowds.

AFL abandoned NZ games due to such low interest.

Then AFL
Have nothing in the UK.
Nothing in the Pacific Islands.
Nothing in North America.
Nothing in Europe.
Nothing in PNG.
Nothing in NZ.

Nothing anywhere as far as real teams outside Australia :lol: :(/
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think we agree that AFL is not the major sport in QLD and NSW but aussie rules definitely has a large presence in both - RL largely confined to QLd and NSW in Australia. AFL has no international presence of any concern - we all know that. Not sure what the issue is here.

Re: TV - Yep - I agree - that will be the bench mark for me - when they start showing AFL on the main channels all the time - and it is done without concessions on the broadcast deal money. I think a lot of games shown now are only done so due to the contractual obligations the AFL put on the networks in the deal - they are happy to take a lot less to ensure this and seems the networks are happy enough to do this for the discount.
Veni, vidi, vici