How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 am
I am still can’t see where England has embraced Rugby league:
Super league Rnd 25 total 46872. Average 7812
Championship Rnd 23 11734 Ave 1896

NRL + SL + Ch total 175693

AFL Rnd 22 total 323,050 and it wasn’t a great attendance for AFL.

As said by others, I don’t think the majority of AFL fans have any “feelings” at all about Australian Rules not being played professionally in England , but it appears not many English care about chuckball in England.
UK Superleague Final
AFL couldn't get a crowd like this in the UK if they gave the tickets away :wink:

#eatinghiswords

And just to think England is a union dominated country!
Riding off the back of union the code they league was ripped from :lol:
The same rant over and over when you have nothing .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nah wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:18 am
When there was only one rugby the rugby establishment banned the colonial game where they could because they FEARED the colonial game. RU clubs like the famous Waratah RFC were flipping over to Aussie Rules. The English establishment feared that Aussie Rules would take over their precious rugby. In the meantime soccer took over from rugby.

The English never took to rugby in a big way like soccer and rl even less. Now you have the situation where American Football viewing has surpassed rl viewing on the BBC and registrations for American Football are significant.

Let's face it, rugby is not popular. The biggest country where rugby dominates is N.Z. with a population of 4.5 million. Australians rejected rugby and created Australian Football. North Americans rejected rugby and created both Canadian and American Football. Even the English rejected rugby to a large degree.Then the people who played rugby rejected the original game and invented an even less popular game.
I've read some tripe in my day but this is top shelf material .

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:13 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 pm

UK Superleague Final
AFL couldn't get a crowd like this in the UK if they gave the tickets away :wink:

#eatinghiswords

And just to think England is a union dominated country!
Riding off the back of union the code they league was ripped from :lol:
The same rant over and over when you have nothing .
As it’s fact crapper!
All the imaginary fantasies you can come up with can’t change that!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nope two different games .
You seem to struggle with facts

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I do agree, whilst one (RL) was born from the other (RU) and look quiet similar and indeed transferable skills, they are quite different games I believe. Same thing happens with touch football - RL and RU both try and claim it as there sport depending on which country you are in - and indeed it is the charter of the ITF to associate with such sporting bodies - however they are very clear in their pronouncement that they are there own sport. In fact, there is a great article on their page going through the history of football and how touch football come around and developed into its own sport.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

When there was only one rugby the rugby establishment banned the colonial game where they could because they FEARED the colonial game. RU clubs like the famous Waratah RFC were flipping over to Aussie Rules. The English establishment feared that Aussie Rules would take over their precious rugby. In the meantime soccer took over from rugby.

The English never took to rugby in a big way like soccer and rl even less. Now you have the situation where American Football viewing has surpassed rl viewing on the BBC and registrations for American Football are significant.

Let's face it, rugby is not popular. The biggest country where rugby dominates is N.Z. with a population of 4.5 million. Australians rejected rugby and created Australian Football. North Americans rejected rugby and created both Canadian and American Football. Even the English rejected rugby to a large degree.Then the people who played rugby rejected the original game and invented an even less popular game.
Rugby is among the biggest sports in the world being played in most countries & boasting hundreds of millions of fans. Anglofl is basically played in 3 states in a small country & is centered around a regional hub which is melbourne.
These users liked the author AngloFootballLeague for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:46 pm)
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 am

Rugby is among the biggest sports in the world being played in most countries & boasting hundreds of millions of fans. Anglofl is basically played in 3 states in a small country & is centered around a regional hub which is melbourne.
Thank your for proving point!
League the direct rip off from union is only relevant or some popularity around the world due to union

And you have such little man syndrome and have nfi
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Three states? Afl is the sport in Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia and south Australia. It is also the dominant sport in the Northern Territory. It is also a dominant sport in much of the southern part of nsw. It is played extensively I. Was and nsw at grass roots and is the second most played and supported sport in SEQ. It is played right across the country. Three states... pffft. Get your facts right.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:50 pm
Three states? Afl is the sport in Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia and south Australia. It is also the dominant sport in the Northern Territory. It is also a dominant sport in much of the southern part of nsw. It is played extensively I. Was and nsw at grass roots and is the second most played and supported sport in SEQ. It is played right across the country. Three states... pffft. Get your facts right.
First of all Northern Territory is not a state. Secondly, if anglofl relied on NSW, qld & Tasmania to fill it's teams it wouldn't be much of a league - so much for participation there. Interest in anglofl is limited to the lower states as can be seen by TV ratings. Don't know why you are up in arms?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

First of all - that is why I listed it separately from the states. NSW, Tassie, and QLd do provide a significant number of AFL listed players - yes - probably not enough to fill the full 18 sides - but indeed a decent amount of players. I think Western Australia (as a State) has good ratings and crowds - and as I said the northern part of the country in Northern Territory also has a decent aFL following. So firstly - 4 states not three... and add to that Northern Territory. Also add to that the southern end of nsw and broken hill area. Also add significant interest in SEQ. Hardly confined to three states. And played right across the country - can play australian rules in almost all of australia. This can't be said for RL where it doesn't exist for many parts - like Gippsland in Victoria - no league at all for RL down there for kids to play.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:45 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 am

Thank your for proving point!
League the direct rip off from union is only relevant or some popularity around the world due to union

And you have such little man syndrome and have è
What the fuck drugs are you on?
How does his post in any way prove your insane rantings .
He never mentioned RL or where it is popular

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

A couple of facts for you, Australia have ben the number 1 Rugby Union nation in the world and have won the Rugby World Cup.
So how can a country that rejected rugby win the Rugby World Cup?
Deadset that would have to be the stupidist comment I have ever heard on here lol.. :lol:
Is like saying Brazil rejected soccer.

America haven't rejected Rugby at all. They have 120,000 registered players. That simply dwarfs any player numbers AFL has in other countries doesn't it. :lol:
They also have a national team USA Eagles who have played some big stadium matches against the All Blacks over in Chicago.

THE FACTS ARE

AFL HAVE NO OTHER COUNTRY TO PLAY THEIR GAME AGAINST.

NO PROFESSIONAL CLUBS OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA.

NO PROFESSIONAL LEAGUES OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA.

NO SUPPORT OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA.

NO INTEREST OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA...

Rugby Union, Soccer, Rugby League, Gridiron

Are all played at professional levels in more than one country.

AFL is the only one nation lemon that can't grow outside of one country. :lol:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 am
I am still can’t see where England has embraced Rugby league:
Super league Rnd 25 total 46872. Average 7812
Championship Rnd 23 11734 Ave 1896

NRL + SL + Ch total 175693

AFL Rnd 22 total 323,050 and it wasn’t a great attendance for AFL.

As said by others, I don’t think the majority of AFL fans have any “feelings” at all about Australian Rules not being played professionally in England , but it appears not many English care about chuckball in England.

I met Victorian Aussies when working in the trade over in England. Honestly most Brits wouldn't even know AFL exists and those that do know it find it very confusing and not worth watching.

Plenty of Northern English I met like Rugby League. Obviously behind Soccer and Union, but AFL will just get blank looks if spoken about there by pretty much everyone. :mrgreen:

AFL really was rejected and non existing there.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:51 pm
First of all - that is why I listed it separately from the states. NSW, Tassie, and QLd do provide a significant number of AFL listed players - yes - probably not enough to fill the full 18 sides - but indeed a decent amount of players. I think Western Australia (as a State) has good ratings and crowds - and as I said the northern part of the country in Northern Territory also has a decent aFL following. So firstly - 4 states not three... and add to that Northern Territory. Also add to that the southern end of nsw and broken hill area. Also add significant interest in SEQ. Hardly confined to three states. And played right across the country - can play australian rules in almost all of australia. This can't be said for RL where it doesn't exist for many parts - like Gippsland in Victoria - no league at all for RL down there for kids to play.
Mate State of Origin has gotten a bigger crowd at the SCG than every single AFL game ever in NSW & QLD. They did that twice. :lol:

Sold out in Perth too.

Non heartland areas.

So Rugby League has gotten massive crowds in AFL states.
Yet AFL still can't get interest outside Australia.
All other codes blow you guys out of the water internationally.

Nothings changed :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You can’t even play rl in large parts of Australia. You can afl Australian rules just about everywhere.
Veni, vidi, vici