Victorian greatest league time of all time

Rugby League news and discussion.
Post Reply
notaleaguefan
Tool of the Month
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 16 times

Victorian greatest league time of all time

Post by notaleaguefan » Fri May 10, 2019 4:03 pm

following the announcement of the NSW greatest AFL/VFL team of all times team announced last night. both codes having been around in Australia since the early 1900s and longer and had have had a long enough period of time to establish grow a solid fan base around the country! the AFL/VFL have had hundreds of professional players play the game originating from NSW!

it would be only fair to do a comparison for the greatest/stupidist Victorians to have ever played the game of League over those years

after doing some quick googling this is all i could come up with! so if any others want to add any other names to the list, so at least a league team could be formed :lol:
Mahe Fonua: (Melbourne Storm & Hull F.C.)[39]
Jake Webster: (Melbourne Storm, Gold Coast Titans & Hull Kingston Rovers) [40]
Timana Tahu: (Newcastle Knights, Parramatta Eels & NSW Waratahs).[41][42]
Craig Polla-Mounter: (Canterbury).[43]
Peter Wallace (Penrith Panthers & Brisbane Broncos)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_lea ... le_players



User avatar
SportCapital
Captain
Captain
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 pm
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Location:
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 63 times

Post by SportCapital » Fri May 10, 2019 6:48 pm

I find it extremely difficult to believe that in 100+ years of rl a total of five players have come from the sport capital. [-X
I have to wonder if higher intelligence quotients of the folk down here has some bearing on that. .. =D
Seems the only logical explanation to me. [-o<

You have to wonder.... :-k


ThomasCrapper. Flushing toilet inventor.
When I hear the word Crap/Crapper I don't think"steaming pile of shit"but rather something designed with a primary function of handling steaming piles of shit.
A KindOfShitMachine.
Maybe you will too now.

User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 17000
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by AFLcrap1 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:40 pm

SportCapital wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:48 pm
I find it extremely difficult to believe that in 100+ years of rl a total of five players have come from the sport capital. [-X
I have to wonder if higher intelligence quotients of the folk down here has some bearing on that. .. =D
Seems the only logical explanation to me. [-o<

You have to wonder.... :-k
I'd say it would have more to do with having some sporting skills .
Down south they're taught it's alright to fumble a ball .& not kick straight .
So no wonder so few made it .
In Other sports these skills (catching a ball & kicking straight ) are seen as necessary .
Not in fumbles .


Metho madness.
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6036
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Fred » Sat May 11, 2019 8:40 am

I think it is more likely to do with there being very little rl in Victoria. Although I do believe it is growing. I think there is only the one competition of about 11 or 12 clubs that cover Melbourne and Geelong area. You just don’t see the presence of rl in Melbourne suburbs or in schools for instance. Drive around the Gold Coast or Brisbane and you see Aussie Rules grounds around the place and in schools kids playing Aussie Rules. There are heaps of clubs and several leagues across the south east and even regional towns have leagues and clubs. So I think it is the lack of a reasonable footprint in Victoria that sees there being very few playing rl and going onto the elite level. I suspect same for SA and a lesser extent WA although I do believe there is a well organised push to build grassroots in WA.


Veni, vidi, vici

notaleaguefan
Tool of the Month
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by notaleaguefan » Sat May 11, 2019 10:58 am

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:40 pm
SportCapital wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:48 pm
I find it extremely difficult to believe that in 100+ years of rl a total of five players have come from the sport capital. [-X
I have to wonder if higher intelligence quotients of the folk down here has some bearing on that. .. =D
Seems the only logical explanation to me. [-o<

You have to wonder.... :-k
I'd say it would have more to do with having some sporting skills .
Down south they're taught it's alright to fumble a ball .& not kick straight .
So no wonder so few made it .
In Other sports these skills (catching a ball & kicking straight ) are seen as necessary .
Not in fumbles .
well the efforts of the NRLOL finest blew that wacky theory of yours out the window crapper :)))
hunt and folau were to fat, to slow, to unco and to stupid to regularly make the team in wooden spoon winning teams filled with kids
its more a case people find league boring and a dull game!

pretty funny how you loons try and claim how popular RL is in victoria and nobody playes afl in NSW yet the AFL could name several sides over with people from NSW! yet you cannot even form half a team when trying to form a Victorian team



User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 17000
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by AFLcrap1 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:11 am

Same shit
Over & over.
You can say it all you like doesn't make it true.

& here we go again .
Sprouting more lies that you won't post any source for & when asked you will deflect deflect deflect & clog up another thread . .

Show where it was claimed how popular Rl is in VIC.
SHow where it was claimed that Nobody plays AFL in NSW

Jesus h fuck

Try to post something factual you lying flog .

Don't deflect just post it


Metho madness.
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

notaleaguefan
Tool of the Month
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by notaleaguefan » Sat May 11, 2019 11:16 am

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:11 am
Same shit
Over & over.
You can say it all you like doesn't make it true.

& here we go again .
Sprouting more lies that you won't post any source for & when asked you will deflect deflect deflect & clog up another thread . .

Show where it was claimed how popular Rl is in VIC.
SHow where it was claimed that Nobody plays AFL in NSW

Jesus h fuck

Try to post something factual you lying flog .

Don't deflect just post it
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

i did and it has you in a spin :(/ :(/



User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 17000
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by AFLcrap1 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:21 am

Here we go again . Please post where


Metho madness.
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

notaleaguefan
Tool of the Month
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by notaleaguefan » Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 pm

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:21 am
Here we go again . Please post where
go back to some of those sporting partipation numbers threads or and talk about SOO! as its aparently so big in vic where they have gotten 91k plus to the events :)))



User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 17000
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by AFLcrap1 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 pm

No you claimed it
You post a source .


Metho madness.
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Recent Member

Please welcome our newest member:

FanniesiC
  • Joined: Today
  • Last Visited: Today
  • Team: Etygyqo
  • Location: Russia
  • Total posts: 0

Recent Members

All Time
Username
Join Date