Sydney AFL going down the gurgler - and quick!!!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Sydney AFL going down the gurgler - and quick!!!!!

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:02 am
Nrlolol wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:07 am
Terry wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Wrong again pal. This is about the decline of the Swans as compared to their own performances on the field, crowds, and general support. It's not about comparing different codes in crowds.

I could easily compare the Swans tv ratings in Sydney against every Sydney NRL team and they would be stone motherless last year on year. But I choose not to compare that here because it's not relevant.

I am solely comparing the performance of the Swans against their own benchmarks in previous years. Simple. Get it pal? No! Didn't think so. A good deflection is always handy when you're losing the argument.
Terry! Get back to the afl fans when the swans reach the pathetic levels of the nrlol clubs for minnow fan bases!

The whole topic is hilarious due to the nrlol clubs Sydney based have had 50 plus years on the swans in the city to build a fan base :\:
Pull ya head in junior!!!!! Even senior thinks you're an idiot. You don't deserve serious attention on these threads. Once an idiot.......always an idiot!!!!!!!
just point out the facts of reality :)))
i know its not a place that you league fans dont like to live in, but its just so much fun to only to continue to point out them facts to you :mrgreen:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Same insane rant ..over & over .
Now please tell me why you compared Melb Storm ratings from Melb with the Giants ratings from across Aust .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Seems crowds have been okay this year for the swans. Particularly since they aren’t doing so well and have slid down the ladder.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 am
Seems crowds have been okay this year for the swans. Particularly since they aren’t doing so well and have slid down the ladder.
Swans have never had a problem with crowds they have a niche following, that not the problem - Insolvency and being out rated by Iron Chef re-runs are.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Oh Pussy. The questioned posed in the OP was whether the crowds would drop if they stop winning. This year they have done alright with crowds but it will be interesting to see if this continues if there are sustained years of loses.

And iron chef .... is that still on?

And if you add fox to fta ratings swans do okay.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:54 pm
Now please tell me why you compared Melb Storm ratings from Melb with the Giants ratings from across Aust .
The Minnowbourne storm are the most irrelevant team in Melbourne
The swans are easily the biggest in Sydney & giants are relatively new and support growing

It’s understandable that your be nervous crapper but oh well life moves on
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:16 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:54 pm
The Minnowbourne storm are the most irrelevant team in Melbourne
The swans are easily the biggest in Sydney & giants are relatively new and support growing

It’s understandable that your be nervous crapper but oh well life moves on
Deflection again .
You were trying to compare the Melb storm ratings in Melb ...one city v the Giants ratings Aust wide .

Lol
Deflect deflect .
It's all you have
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Well sports fans it appears the Sydney fumbling sides are indeed going down the gurgler!! The Swans will miss the finals after an incredible run over 2 decades. A long re-build is in progress but will depend on importing players, staff and administration from the un-educated southern state. Good luck!!

The Ginats from Un-named stadium have petered out again this year. They'll make the 8 but it's gonna end messy!! With massive hand outs in money, players and propaganda it ain't gonna be a good time for the Ginats.

Dear Leader Gilty has bagged head coach Leo Camaroon so he's gone. What the Dear Leader wants the Dear Leader gets!!! Star player Stefan Connollyo hasn't re-committed and looks likey to be on the move. Good luck to him. Who would wanna stay at Un-named stadium when the suburbs of Melbourne beckon!!!

So sad!!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

If the Swans are going down the gurgler with an average Sydney attendance this year of 30,804 then several Chuckball teams are dead men walking.

GWS is at least a 2 generational project but they Average 12267, still better than a couple of Chuckball teams and their average is going up
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:21 pm
If the Swans are going down the gurgler with an average Sydney attendance this year of 30,804 then several Chuckball teams are dead men walking.

GWS is at least a 2 generational project but they Average 12267, still better than a couple of Chuckball teams and their average is going up
I was referring to the respective states of their playing year pal. As things further unravel I will check other metrics and report the details.

Cheers!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

That’s not unravelling, that’s just not having a great year, it’s not like they are Chuckball teams which haven’t “Ravelled” for many years,
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Sirasputin
Team: Canterbury Bulldogs
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Sirasputin »

pussycat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:29 am
Swans have never had a problem with crowds they have a niche following, that not the problem - Insolvency and being out rated by Iron Chef re-runs are.
When they started in Sydney, they certainly did have problems attracting crowds. I remember going to games for free in the early 90s with not more than a couple thousand people. The NRL and the Roosters, given most swans fans are from the eastern suburbs, must take a lot of blame for allowing the swans to grow.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Sirasputin wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:01 pm
When they started in Sydney, they certainly did have problems attracting crowds. I remember going to games for free in the early 90s with not more than a couple thousand people. The NRL and the Roosters, given most swans fans are from the eastern suburbs, must take a lot of blame for allowing the swans to grow.
yeah agree.

the blame is on three clubs and the NRL

Clubs Being North Sydney Bears (kicked out) leaving a huge hole in Sydney with no club
Balmain Tigers being Merged.
Sydney Roosters not doing enough in Sydney and Eastern Suburbs.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Similar to most other nrl clubs, when they first started they had trouble attracting fans. 60 plus years on its still the same story
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Sirasputin
Team: Canterbury Bulldogs
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Sirasputin »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:46 pm

yeah agree.

the blame is on three clubs and the NRL

Clubs Being North Sydney Bears (kicked out) leaving a huge hole in Sydney with no club
Balmain Tigers being Merged.
Sydney Roosters not doing enough in Sydney and Eastern Suburbs.
Politis is very astute, but he let the swans trample all over his patch. Western suburbs clubs have got to get on the front foot and make sure the no AFL dontbget into schools and pressure is put on councils to ensure that AFL posts are not allowed. They let AFL posts up on Birchgrove Oval. That was such a slap in the face. We need to make it impossible for AFL