Giant leap: GWS fans clinch deal to buy stadium naming rights

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Giant leap: GWS fans clinch deal to buy stadium naming rights

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

It is actually official that it will be called Giants Stadium

Cricket Play there and the Easter Show is there for 2 weeks.
plus all the other events.

Is it just going to be called GIANTS STADIUM FOR AFL GAMES ?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:12 pm

It’s now the official name for the stadium going forward for all events held there.
While the Western Sydney Wanderers are due to finish up at Olympic Park at the end of the A-League season, the Giants Stadium name will stick all year round - even when the Sydney Thunder are playing Big Bash League matches.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/giant- ... 516ou.html
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:54 pm
I wonder if they will have a statue of that dorky orange mascot with the big teeth at the front. :cool:

Is there anything about AFL culture that you can actually take seriously :mrgreen: .

I can't even call it a real football code. :lol:
Says the League fan! The simpler dumbed down version of the two rugby codes
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear back onto this stupid rant .
It's an endless loop

The_Wookie wrote: ↑Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:46 am

You are an absolute peanut with no idea.

:))) :)))
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:58 pm
Oh dear back onto this stupid rant .
It's an endless loop

The_Wookie wrote: ↑Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:46 am

You are an absolute peanut with no idea.

:))) :)))
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Yep your buddy is on an endless loop! Always dribbling out the same crap!
He has a lot in common with you
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:33 pm

It’s now the official name for the stadium going forward for all events held there.
While the Western Sydney Wanderers are due to finish up at Olympic Park at the end of the A-League season, the Giants Stadium name will stick all year round - even when the Sydney Thunder are playing Big Bash League matches.

ok thanks
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Sydney Thunder‏Verified account @ThunderBBL

Follow Follow @ThunderBBL

 More

Replying to @JimWilsonTV @NateTaylor87 and 3 others

Hi Jim the new venue naming agreement is between GWS Giants and Sydney Showgrounds. Discussions with the venue operators are ongoing but for now the home of the #ThunderNation is being referred to as Sydney Showgrounds Stadium

Ummmmmmm……...wrong again Beatup!!!!! Sydney Thunder have confirmed the ground will be referred to as Sydney Showground Stadium by them. I suspect they are having more luck signing up a sponsor & won't have to resort to smoke and mirrors BS to avoid embarrassment like your mob.

Research is your friend pal. I have given you this advice on numerous occasions in an attempt to save you embarrassment.

Good luck and keep morale high!!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

that is what i am trying to figure out>>

Sydney Thunder would not want to be playing at GIANTS STADIUM as the naming rights.

unless it is a agreement for Winter Only / AFL games.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 am

 More

Hi Jim the new venue naming agreement is between GWS Giants and Sydney Showgrounds. Discussions with the venue operators are ongoing but for now the home of the #ThunderNation is being referred to as Sydney Showgrounds Stadium

Ummmmmmm……...wrong again Beatup!!!!! Sydney Thunder have confirmed the ground will be referred to as Sydney Showground Stadium by them. I suspect they are having more luck signing up a sponsor & won't have to resort to smoke and mirrors BS to avoid embarrassment like your mob.

Research is your friend pal. I have given you this advice on numerous occasions in an attempt to save you embarrassment.

Oh FFS pal, do you comprehend anything?

I was just answering Leeroy’s question based on what was reported in the Sydney Morning Herald that I also provided a link to... unlike you with your unlinked tweet reference above.

Gees Louise 🙄
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol Bea getting excited over afl propaganda

Well I for one am shocked

Lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:55 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 am

 More

Oh FFS pal, do you comprehend anything?

I was just answering Leeroy’s question based on what was reported in the Sydney Morning Herald that I also provided a link to... unlike you with your unlinked tweet reference above.

Gees Louise 🙄

And you stated as fact, "It’s now the official name for the stadium going forward for all events held there." You were wrong. The article was wrong. GWS were wrong. Actually GWS probably just plain lied. It took me all of 30 seconds to find the truth in a tweet from the official Thunder site.

I repeat: if you do proper research you won't continually get embarrassed by the facts.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yes... research Terry, not unreferenced, ill informed dribble you expect us to accept as fact.

The Sydney Showground official website and the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW refer to it as GIANTS Stadium. Go figure eh? :thumbleft:

You going to the Easter Show this year? lol

I’ve no doubt this news and reality really revs you up eh? Whilst you may not like this reality, you can’t change it pal. Oh well... carry on :(/
GIANTS Stadium will be the naming rights designation throughout the year, including during Australia’s largest annual ticketed event, the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

GIANTS Chief Executive Officer, David Matthews, said the club is delighted to welcome fans to GIANTS Stadium this Sunday for the club’s opening home game of the 2019 AFL season against Essendon.

“Through the innovative support of our Patron Partners we are delighted to have our home venue as GIANTS Stadium,” Mr Matthews said.

“A club’s stadium is one of the biggest brand assets available and so to be able to have our own GIANTS brand across a community venue that attracts hundreds of thousands of people each year is a coup for the club.

“To achieve an exceptional commercial return for this opportunity just adds to what is landmark agreement for our club and our code.

“The GIANTS brand is already incredibly strong in Western Sydney and I’ve no doubt this will only grow our footprint as sports and entertainment fans come to GIANTS Stadium across the calendar year.

“The venue itself continues to be a world class, boutique stadium that is set to be further enhanced in the coming years. From a GIANTS game day perspective, we pride ourselves on consistently delivering the highest quality experience, as evidenced by the fact we’ve been voted the number one AFL venue in the country for fan experience three out of the past four years.”

The designation GIANTS Stadium comes into effect immediately.

The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) Chief Executive Officer, Brock Gilmour, said GIANTS Stadium will continue to benefit from ongoing facility upgrades in both the short and long terms.

“We welcome the announcement of GIANTS Stadium in relation to one of Sydney’s premier sporting venues,” Mr Gilmour said.

“I applaud the GIANTS on an innovative agreement that will see the club’s brand associated with the stadium. The RAS is committed to ensuring GIANTS Stadium remains at the forefront of spectator experience, with a host of technological upgrades to follow on from the introduction of a fully integrated Wi-Fi system in recent months.”

https://m.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-03 ... ts-stadium
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

You're not very good at this are ya beatup!!!!! Surely you know AFL types regularly obfuscate and straight out tell lies. In this case their co-tenant confirms they will be calling the ground Sydney Showgrounds Stadium.

Once again you said, "It’s now the official name for the stadium going forward for all events held there."

It seems there is a bit of the usual AFL smoke and mirrors about this deal. All very secretive. Unknown, un-named club supporters & premium patrons involved. I mean what the hell is a 'premium patrol'? Unknown amount of money changing hands. Very, very short on detail. Very, very long on BS.

I suspect they couldn't get a sponsor so came up with this on the eve of the comp starting to save embarrassment. You know AFL propaganda 101 pal lolololol!!!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:24 pm

You're not very good at this are ya beatup!!!!! Surely you know AFL types regularly obfuscate and straight out tell lies. In this case their co-tenant confirms they will be calling the ground Sydney Showgrounds Stadium.

Once again you said, "It’s now the official name for the stadium going forward for all events held there."

It seems there is a bit of the usual AFL smoke and mirrors about this deal. All very secretive. Unknown, un-named club supporters & premium patrons involved. I mean what the hell is a 'premium patrol'? Unknown amount of money changing hands. Very, very short on detail. Very, very long on BS.

I suspect they couldn't get a sponsor so came up with this on the eve of the comp starting to save embarrassment. You know AFL propaganda 101 pal lolololol!!!!!!
So... the Giants put in place sponsorship deals regarding the stadium naming right in the past (ie: Skoda Stadium and Spotless Stadium) that resulted in all events there being under that name, however according to you and a tweet that you’ve finally referenced, history will not repeat itself? This of course, despite the official Sydney Showgrounds website and Royal Agricultural Society of NSW referencing the stadium as GIANTS Stadium?

Yeah pal... sorry, I think you’re struggling big time here with reality. Oh well, you’re still a moron. :(/
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:52 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:24 pm

So... the Giants put in place sponsorship deals regarding the stadium naming right in the past (ie: Skoda Stadium and Spotless Stadium) that resulted in all events there being under that name, however according to you and a tweet that you’ve finally referenced, history will not Repeat itself?

Yeah pal... sorry, I think you’re struggling big time here with reality. Oh well. :(/
Wow …………...reality lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe go and check the reality with GWS and Sydney Thunder pal. One is spinning like a top and the other just dropped a reality bomb on 'em!!!!!!!!!

And what are the details of the 'sponsorship' pal???? Why so secretive? Why announced literally on the eve of the first game? Why no names? Are they dealing with the mafia?? Eddie Hayson?? Vladimir Putin??

There's a reality out there somewhere pal......you just gotta find it!!!