NRL's female fans dwindling

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

NRL's female fans dwindling

Post by NlolRL »

NRL's female fans dwindling as it deals with 'off-season from hell'

Marina Go was staggered when she realised the sheer volume of sex videos of rugby league players doing the rounds on social media.

After four years with the club, Ms Go this week walked away from her role as chair. There are now no women on the board

In her case, the fight for change was about respect for women in rugby league — and the brick wall was a reinforced edifice three layers thick.

She pointed to a lack of action by the NRL, the attitude of clubs and the seemingly never-ending stream of players facing court for offences against women.

The final straw was a dawning realisation she was losing the battle against deep-seated attitudes among the men in the game.

"I just felt disrespected by the NRL as a senior woman in the game," she said.

"I just looked around and I thought the numbers of women are dwindling, not growing."

But rugby league's women problem is not just at the top.

After the recent spate of sex tapes — and what even the game's chairman Peter Beattie described as "the off-season from hell" — there are growing fears the game is losing the battle for the hearts and minds of female fans.

"I'm not as proud as I once was to admit that I'm a diehard rugby league fan," said Cronulla Sharks supporter Lyn Gannon.

The 56-year-old grandmother is the chair of the Sharks members' council and can see first-hand what the stream of scandals is doing to the club's supporter base.

"The Sharks have 24 per cent female membership this year out of a 50 per cent population," said Ms Gannon.

"What does that say? To me it says it's not something that women are attracted to."

And that is the last thing a club desperate for members — and funds — wants.

The scandals strip the game's credibility, fans stay away, women are turned off, they choose other sports with better role models for their sons and daughters, and sponsors steer clear.

Ms Gannon's love affair with the Sharks began 50 years ago when her father used to take her to games as a six-year-old.

"I had players who were teachers at my school," she said.

"There were coppers and tradies — these were respected members of society. I think the players themselves have lost that respect among the wider community."

"From a female point of view, it's a bad look and there are so many options now," Ms Go said.

"I think the NRL is going to lose to AFL, cricket, soccer who are doing a better job of appealing to women."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-14/ ... g/10898160
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: NRL's female fans dwindling

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I read this article earlier..

and states a claim that it is yet to occur..

Off field incidents affecting this NRL season...

(24% women membership for the sharks this year... Ok well what was it last year..??
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:50 pm

if this was an article about the AFL you loons would be taking it as gospel! seeing its about the NRL the but buts will now come out :thumbleft:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Nrlolol wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm

if this was an article about the AFL you loons would be taking it as gospel! seeing its about the NRL the but buts will now come out :thumbleft:
Incorrect as usual pal. We look for evidence and facts to back up statements and opinion. So once again I have done just that. The Sharks are on track to equal or surpass last years membership numbers. So either more men are joining or the claim in the article is just plain wrong.

Further: total memberships for all clubs are in front of the same time as last year. So unless the female/male break up for each year is known Leeroy is correct. The article is claiming something that is yet to occur.

Having said that I would not be the slightest bit surprised if TV numbers and overall support take a hit after the off-season we have had. Time......and evidence and facts...….will tell.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/

Research pal!! You oughtta try it one day.
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Incorrect as usual pal. We look for evidence and facts to back up statements and opinion. So once again I have done just that. The Sharks are on track to equal or surpass last years membership numbers. So either more men are joining or the claim in the article is just plain wrong.

Further: total memberships for all clubs are in front of the same time as last year. So unless the female/male break up for each year is known Leeroy is correct. The article is claiming something that is yet to occur.

Having said that I would not be the slightest bit surprised if TV numbers and overall support take a hit after the off-season we have had. Time......and evidence and facts...….will tell.

the gummy sharks numbers are slightly down & you wanna know the funniest thing about your claims idiot?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 117a159660

the sponsors are fleeing those shit stank gummy sharks like rats a sinking ship! more amazingly only after they win the 2016 premiership cup! given that sydney is the biggest advertising market in Australia & league is apparently the undisputed dominate code in Sydney! only explains your full of shit

but if we followed the claims by your fellow dipshit mate crapper, the NRLOL clubs dont need sponsors due to poke ownership! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :))) :)))
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

even the players are having to share girls as they cant pick up one of their own

“He and I went into his room and after we had had sex he sat up at the end of the bed and turned to me and said, ‘I am going to send one of the other boys in’. It was as simple as that.”

This was the experience of a young woman, who had been having a sexual relationship with a professional A Leagueplayer, but didn’t realise he had other things in mind for their time together.

‘Sharing women’ is a concept that keeps creeping into the headlines. Groups of men, like sporting teams, passing women between them – or sharing their sexual exploits with group of guys – using photos or videos of their encounters, often taken without the woman’s consent.

lucy* was messaging said a League player, who had invited her to come over to his house and stay the night. He lived with three other teammates.

“He was messaging me saying you’re welcome to come over and stay. Once I had agreed to come over, he asked the question [of whether] it was just for him, or for all three of them,” she told The Quicky.

“I said I am coming for you, you’re the one I am interested in. Then I got to his house and the three of them were up in the lounge room, I sat down and one of the other players pipes up and speaks about me in the room as if I wasn’t there and says ‘are you going to kiss your girl because if you don’t I will’.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartandhp

what a shit culture
Sydneyisleague
Team: Rabbitohs
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Sydneyisleague »

Inside the sex sharing culture of men's sport.
As if it doesn't happen in AFL and you are delusional if you think it isn't happening.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nrlolol wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:56 pm

the gummy sharks numbers are slightly down & you wanna know the funniest thing about your claims idiot?

the sponsors are fleeing those shit stank gummy sharks like rats a sinking ship! more amazingly only after they win the 2016 premiership cup! given that sydney is the biggest advertising market in Australia & league is apparently the undisputed dominate code in Sydney! only explains your full of shit

but if we followed the claims by your fellow dipshit mate crapper, the NRLOL clubs dont need sponsors due to poke ownership! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :))) :)))
Fuck off with your lies,.
I have never claimed that .
Here we go again .
The same shit.
Continually posting that iVe said something I havnt ..yet can't show where I supposedly said it .

So put up or shut up
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nrlolol wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:01 pm
even the players are having to share girls as they cant pick up one of their own

“He and I went into his room and after we had had sex he sat up at the end of the bed and turned to me and said, ‘I am going to send one of the other boys in’. It was as simple as that.”

This was the experience of a young woman, who had been having a sexual relationship with a professional A Leagueplayer, but didn’t realise he had other things in mind for their time together.

‘Sharing women’ is a concept that keeps creeping into the headlines. Groups of men, like sporting teams, passing women between them – or sharing their sexual exploits with group of guys – using photos or videos of their encounters, often taken without the woman’s consent.

lucy* was messaging said a League player, who had invited her to come over to his house and stay the night. He lived with three other teammates.

“He was messaging me saying you’re welcome to come over and stay. Once I had agreed to come over, he asked the question [of whether] it was just for him, or for all three of them,” she told The Quicky.

“I said I am coming for you, you’re the one I am interested in. Then I got to his house and the three of them were up in the lounge room, I sat down and one of the other players pipes up and speaks about me in the room as if I wasn’t there and says ‘are you going to kiss your girl because if you don’t I will’.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartandhp

what a shit culture
I shouldn't laugh .
But I will point out your rampant stupidity .that story is about an A LEAGUE player . Not RL player .
You seen the word league & got all excited .
Dumb dumb dumb .

🤣
Xman wrote
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

LOL typical of the lot that report on RL via any of the outlets, all doom and gloom all the time with made up facts before a ball has been kicked in anger. Crowds looked bloody good over the last few days with all the rain about. Stick that in ya illuminated pipes and smoke it wanna be nobodies in all these industries. All a pack of phucknuckles with no morals, no empathy and no brains. Pity we only get the news from one side for everything these days, what a clusterfuck of a world we live in.

Keep protecting the baby killers and whatnot out there media, your veil will be lifted soon enough.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:49 pm

Here we go again .
The same shit.
Continually posting that iVe said something I havnt ..yet can't show where I supposedly said it .

So put up or shut up
If your so sick of reading the same shit maybe try reading your own posts or fellow looney league fans posts!

Btw those were your words with the sponsor ship dollars
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:23 am
LOL typical of the lot that report on RL via any of the outlets, all doom and gloom all the time with made up facts before a ball has been kicked in anger. Crowds looked bloody good over the last few days with all the rain about. Stick that in ya illuminated pipes and smoke it wanna be nobodies in all these industries. All a pack of phucknuckles with no morals, no empathy and no brains. Pity we only get the news from one side for everything these days, what a clusterfuck of a world we live in.

Keep protecting the baby killers and whatnot out there media, your veil will be lifted soon enough.
Negative nrlol story all false and propaganda
Negative afl story all true
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Ummm how can they have dropped when streaming is really coming into its own?

Stuff fox and channel 9. I only watched the eels game on 9 because my Kayo stream stuffed up before parras second try so I had to put it on FTA. I didn't have fox for years as I couldn't justify the cost when I only wanted it for sport. So as of last week, I got Kayo and I know plenty of others who have done the same. These ratings aren't taken into account yet for some reason. You can bet 85k would've watched all the matches on these new platforms easily seeing as I myself watched more games this week than I have for a decade.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Oh and btw, I don't know why you mentioned afl, cause I bloodywell didn't. Paranoid fruitloop lol.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nrlolol wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:49 pm

Here we go again .
The same shit.

So put up or shut up
If your so sick of reading the same shit maybe try reading your own posts or fellow looney league fans posts!

Btw those were your words with the sponsor ship dollars
So just to show what a liar you are . How fucking insane you are .
Clogging threads up with the same crap yet can't show where is the proof when asked over & over .

I've never stated that nrl clubs don't want or need sponsorship dollars .
Yet you keep repeating it .

I'll repost what I said .
Hopefully the mods will tell you to shut up with your stupid lies .

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:11 pm
What a Gilligan rant .
Minnow minnow minnoww .
You brain dead flog ..you've been told over & over that different sports have different set ups for clubs .
Did it ever enter that mess that you call a brain that RL clubs with the backing of leagues clubs don't need to depend so much on sponsorship $$$ .
Jesus it's like Groundhog Day explaining things to you .

Jesus h fuck .
What is wrong with you hicks .
I said they don't need to depend so much on .
I didn't say they don't want sponsors
They didn't want more revenue .

I'll spell it out for you .
If a club like Cronulla loses sponsors .....it's not a good thing .
But if you have a leagues club backing you ..you are in a far far far better position than a club who doesn't have the backing of a leagues club ..or a wealthy owner . I can't make it any simpler than that .
It'll probably go straight over the head of you dumb hicks .

🤣
Xman wrote