Afl in China - 2019

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Afl in China - 2019

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Terry wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:04 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:19 pm

He said the AFL “breaks even” from the game, while Port Adelaide and St Kilda recorded considerable financial benefit from playing at Jiangwan Stadium.

“(It costs us) not really anything … we might make a few dollars this year … we basically break even,” McLachlan said on 3AW.

“Port Adelaide and St Kilda are both making nearly a million dollars. It’s not costing anything. It breaks even for the AFL and the clubs are making money.

“China is a big market for Australia – and we think we can make money in the end … (to reinvest) in community, women’s football.

“This notion we’re spending money that could have been used elsewhere … ultimately we think it’s a huge commercial opportunity which we can then reinvest.

“There’s a couple of million bucks made net by the clubs, so that helps their club operations.”

AFL boss defends China game
– Lauren Wood

League chief Gillon McLachlan has defended the AFL’s push into China, saying it will result in more money being poured into the grassroots of the game.

McLachlan, who led the league’s contingent of executives in Shanghai last weekend, said the corporate opportunities of the region were simply too fruitful to ignore.

He said the AFL “breaks even” from the game, while Port Adelaide and St Kilda recorded considerable financial benefit from playing at Jiangwan Stadium.

“(It costs us) not really anything … we might make a few dollars this year … we basically break even,” McLachlan said on 3AW.

“Port Adelaide and St Kilda are both making nearly a million dollars. It’s not costing anything. It breaks even for the AFL and the clubs are making money.

“China is a big market for Australia – and we think we can make money in the end … (to reinvest) in community, women’s football.

“This notion we’re spending money that could have been used elsewhere … ultimately we think it’s a huge commercial opportunity which we can then reinvest.

“There’s a couple of million bucks made net by the clubs, so that helps their club operations.”

And this is what Gilty also said in the same article:

"McLachlan admitted he was “a bit” disappointed by the large chunks of empty seats at the stadium, but said it was partly a symptom of the ground’s ticketing arrangements.

“There’s a challenge in the way that the catering and service works that you need to be in a marquee,” he said.

“There’s a lot of people in tents and they need to be allocated a seat."

Yep........he's gone back to the 'ol 'they were all in the hospitality tents' line lololololol!!!!!! Ya deadset can't make this shit up lolololol!!!!!!!!!! Incredible!!!!!!

So yeah......I'd have to take his boast of Port and SK making a million bucks each with a grain of salt. Or maybe a pinch of kau rou in the over populated marquee's lololololol!!!!!!!!!
This ceo sounds like a used car salesman. Talk it up, even if it doesn't look good.

Why don't they just play games in Ireland where they would possibly get some interest.

China is never going to like AFL.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

They are exhibiting games and hardly with the exception of taking over China with a few games!

It’s you league loonies who tend to think that is the afls mission
These users liked the author notaleaguefan for the post:
Cats_Steve (Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:47 am)
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

However did they manage to break even after all those buses went to the wrong venue :hmm:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:39 pm
However did they manage to break even after all those buses went to the wrong venue :hmm:
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Next years excuse will be a ripper .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

notaleaguefan wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 am
They are exhibiting games and hardly with the exception of taking over China with a few games!

This is how AngloFL insulars are spinning the China failure; "It was merely an exhibition."
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Taxpayers are footing the bill through federal funding & getting nothing in return. Great way to build relationship with China using game they don' t care about.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:29 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 pm
Taxpayers are footing the bill through federal funding & getting nothing in return. Great way to build relationship with China using game they don' t care about.
Also state gov sponsorship. And private sponsors. And AFL money. Nothing in return - despite the sponsors coming back year on year. Youd reckon they'd have more idea than us.
Maybe those in AngloFL bubble don't question but government generally have no idea. AngloFL particularly good at extracting taxpayer & sponsor money. Australia better served by using soccer & rugby.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

The sole purpose of playing games in other countries is to try to grow your sport.

If AFL is'nt playing games in China to grow their game what are they doing it for?
Your own CEO says China is a huge potential market.

AFL wants to be like other football codes that have a presence in more than one country.

People can deny all they like that AFL isn't trying to go international.
But is clear to everyone that they are trying very hard and it is just not working for them.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think the afl are looking at future markets for sure. You’re average afl fan really couldn’t care less. I personally hate the idea of taking home and away games to China and nz for instance. But as a business it is prudent to explore growth options .. especially in a tiny country population wise as Australia. This is why you have gws and sun... and Brisbane and Sydney for that matter ... as were and are untapped markets. Look how much afl and Aussie Rules have grown in Sydney since Sydney first moved. AFL barely got a mention yet there is a presence there now, crowds are good if not great and there is a large following. So putting feelers our and looking for growth is what good businesses do. This is why origin in other states is a good idea. Talk of having it Las Vegas .... is it a step too far ?? Who knows but if they do ... could be worth a punt.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:26 am

The sole purpose of playing games in other countries is to try to grow your sport.

If AFL is'nt playing games in China to grow their game what are they doing it for?

AFL wants to be like other football codes that have a presence in more than one country.

But is clear to everyone that they are trying very hard and it is just not working for them.
FFS your stupid

so whats your but but for nrlol playing soo in perth
the H&A game yesterday in Adelaide and other capital cities through out the year?

its you league idiots who assume that the afl is trying to take over china and expected to do so in two games!

i mean league has has nearly a century to expand their game in to Victoria, SA and WA etc and couldnt even field a full side even including digging up ex dead players :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

^^^ meltdown

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Emo village idiot meltdown
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm

FFS your stupid

the H&A game yesterday in Adelaide and other capital cities through out the year?

its you league idiots who assume that the afl is trying to take over china and expected to do so in two games!

i mean league has has nearly a century to expand their game in to Victoria, SA and WA etc and couldnt even field a full side even including digging up ex dead players :lol:
Nothing I said is stupid. AFL is trying to grow their game at an international level. Prove me otherwise dickhead. Your just upset because AFL is failing at gaining international recognition :lol:

Of course the NRL is exposing their game to other states for potential growth. I admitting it and not in denial like you lot.

But there is one key difference. The NRL is getting better crowds and fans in Perth than AFL is in China.

http://westcoastpirates.com.au
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:23 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm

FFS your stupid

Nothing I said is stupid. AFL is trying to grow their game at an international level. Prove me otherwise dickhead. Your just upset because AFL is failing at gaining international recognition :lol:

Of course the NRL is exposing their game to other states for potential growth. I admitting it and not in denial like you lot.

But there is one key difference. The NRL is getting better crowds and fans in Perth than AFL is in China.

http://westcoastpirates.com.au
after all that had been discussed you still haven't taken any of it in :lol:

league is defiantly the game for you thickshit
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh wow, what an origin series. So intense, so close such amazing athleticism. The crowds, the tv viewwer numbers, the spectacle of rugby league at its highest level!

I feel overloaded and need some balance and pointing the finger style belly laughs in my life again... so when’s the Afl heading into China again?

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?