GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Quolls2019 »

Fred wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:18 pm Yes, I would think they would have hoped for a stronger following amd greater footprint by now - particuarly given the relative success to date. They would be happy with the growth in junior and senior numbers - but that is only one KPI - the others seem lacking
Are disappointing at this stage.

They have a few options

Keep going the way they are going.
Concentrate on Western Sydney as originally proposed and drop Canberra.
Move to Canberra and become the Canberra Giants.
Move elswhere
Close down.

1st option most likely
2nd option probably the best way to try to get local support.
3rd way most likely to succeed.
4th way unlikely
5th way very unlikely.


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in most of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18650
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:59 am
Fred wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:18 pm Yes, I would think they would have hoped for a stronger following amd greater footprint by now - particuarly given the relative success to date. They would be happy with the growth in junior and senior numbers - but that is only one KPI - the others seem lacking
Are disappointing at this stage.

They have a few options

Keep going the way they are going.
Concentrate on Western Sydney as originally proposed and drop Canberra.
Move to Canberra and become the Canberra Giants.
Move elswhere
Close down.

1st option most likely
2nd option probably the best way to try to get local support.
3rd way most likely to succeed.
4th way unlikely
5th way very unlikely.
The problem is you can't bullshit about popularity continuously when the facts say different .
The afl should forget the bullshit ( lol they won't) & work on winning new fans .
They can stay there if they take along look at how things really are .


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4048
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Terry »

The game at Homebush last WE got 25k. It was a ginats home game apparently but from reports there was hardly a GWS supporter to be seen.

In the clips I saw it was all red and white. That tells ya how they're going. There was probably 23k Swans fans there. How they can claim 30k+ members is one of the biggest bare faced pieces of BS in history.

I'd say Gilty will persevere with 'em for a while to save face if nothing else. But wait till they have a run of bad years on the field. The home crowd numbers will be counted on one hand. The media exposure will be nil. The call to close 'em down by the Melbourne clubs will go ballistic. That's when they'll hoist up the white flag and take their sorry arses back to wherever they came.


Pete__09
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:35 am
Team: Brisbane Lions
Location: Brisbane
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Pete__09 »

No one follows footy in Western Sydney. Everyone knows that. Its a Rugby League/Soccer area. We get it!

Enjoy those 2 sports while the rest of the country follows the footy.


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5676
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

they should be moved to Canberra

Broaden the Swans Reach outside of eastern / north of Sydney outwards.


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:04 pm No one follows footy in Western Sydney. Everyone knows that. Its a Rugby League/Soccer area. We get it!

Enjoy those 2 sports while the rest of the country follows the footy.
the rest of the country ? :hmm:

:(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol:
below is a list of places not in Western Sydney where Rugby League is clearly the numb one sport , now Petey could you point me to which country they're in please ?

Canberra 440K
Wollongong 330K
Newcastle 460K
central coast 250K
Brisbane 2.6 Mill
Gold Coast 700K
Bathurst 40K
Goulburn 25K
Orange 30K
Dubbo 40K
Tamworth 40K
Armidale 30K
Rockhampton 80K
Gladstone 50K
Toowoomba 60K
Mackay 60K
Townsville 180K
Cairns 140K

:cool:


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:50 pm

Broaden the Swans Reach outside of eastern / north of Sydney outwards.
they've had 40 years & theres still barely a fan west of the anzac bridge , their fans are either ex pats fumblers or snoody ex yawnion fans who have abandon their sport & have never & will never have anything to do with RL because of their smarmy arrogant " we're better then them " attitudes

they can have them, they're fair weather knobs of the highest order & are only at the foody to be seen , sipping chardonay & eating canapes
they wouldn't know a fumble from a bumble & once the jet set find something new will move on


NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:36 pm
Team: Manly
Location: Brookvale
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 »

The Swans crowds are definitely all snooty white office hipsters and wealthy inner city types.

You never see groups of Islanders or Arabs at a Swans game like the Canterbury Bulldogs.


pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:59 am
Fred wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:18 pm Yes, I would think they would have hoped for a stronger following amd greater footprint by now - particuarly given the relative success to date. They would be happy with the growth in junior and senior numbers - but that is only one KPI - the others seem lacking
Are disappointing at this stage.

They have a few options

Keep going the way they are going.
Concentrate on Western Sydney as originally proposed and drop Canberra.
Move to Canberra and become the Canberra Giants.
Move elswhere
Close down.

1st option most likely
2nd option probably the best way to try to get local support.
3rd way most likely to succeed.
4th way unlikely
5th way very unlikely.

I Choose option 1, keep going & send the AFL broke :cheers:


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by truthbomber »

the awfuls 2 baby clubs played each other yesterday , its new age in new untapped markets with tens of thousands of potential fumblers to convert in its attempts to consolidate itself in NSW & QLD

crowd
officially 4014

actually
2068

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/


User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:45 am the awfuls 2 baby clubs played each other yesterday , its new age in new untapped markets with tens of thousands of potential fumblers to convert in its attempts to consolidate itself in NSW & QLD

crowd
officially 4014

actually
2068

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Yes, a very poor crowd.
Brisbane’s a little disappointing too.


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in most of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4048
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Terry »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:45 am the awfuls 2 baby clubs played each other yesterday , its new age in new untapped markets with tens of thousands of potential fumblers to convert in its attempts to consolidate itself in NSW & QLD

crowd
officially 4014

actually
2068

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
I'd say it was more like 1,500 with only a few hundred actually being sold. The rest being giveaways.


AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18650
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:10 am
truthbomber wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:45 am the awfuls 2 baby clubs played each other yesterday , its new age in new untapped markets with tens of thousands of potential fumblers to convert in its attempts to consolidate itself in NSW & QLD

crowd
officially 4014

actually
2068

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
I'd say it was more like 1,500 with only a few hundred actually being sold. The rest being giveaways.
Australias game :(/ :(/ :(/
More like the wasteland states game .

Seriously it won't be long before the AFL media put out more fluff stories about how popular it is in WS.
They'll interview some weedy little kid who tried RL & found that AFL was for him .

What they won't say in the fluff piece is the kid was so unco that catching a ball was impossible & tackling was too hard .
& mummy was worried he would get hurt.
They'll put out dodgy Auskick participation numbers to try to show how it's going great guns .
Lol
Doesn't work since Lawson revealed the truth .


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5676
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

with a change in CEO for the AFL and some new board members pass few years

could we see a change in direction from the AFL towards GWS AND SUNS
with Tassie in the MIX>


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8455
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:33 pm
Pete__09 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:04 pm No one follows footy in Western Sydney. Everyone knows that. Its a Rugby League/Soccer area. We get it!

Enjoy those 2 sports while the rest of the country follows the footy.
the rest of the country ? :hmm:

:(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol:
below is a list of places not in Western Sydney where Rugby League is clearly the numb one sport , now Petey could you point me to which country they're in please ?

Canberra 440K
Wollongong 330K
Newcastle 460K
central coast 250K
Brisbane 2.6 Mill
Gold Coast 700K
Bathurst 40K
Goulburn 25K
Orange 30K
Dubbo 40K
Tamworth 40K
Armidale 30K
Rockhampton 80K
Gladstone 50K
Toowoomba 60K
Mackay 60K
Townsville 180K
Cairns 140K

:cool:
If WA, SA, NT and Tassie are dismissed as minor or desert waste lands due to their population - what does this mean for these towns? Plus- you can play Aussie Rules at a club in all those towns too.


Veni, vidi, vici
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Google [Bot] and 0 guests