GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Quolls2019 »

Again you are wrong.
I predict and quote me, Attendances next year for GWS will be higher than for this year.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:45 pm
Again you are wrong.
I predict and quote me, Attendances next year for GWS will be higher than for this year.
But will they be legitimate?
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

As legitimate as the NRL estimates.
As an offside, I don’t like league but I just saw some highlights of tonight’s game, and as much as I don’t think Storm are a real Melbourne side let alone Victorian I reckon they may have been harshly dealt with.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol @ GWS
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 am
So lets revisit this [from pages 24-26 of this thread.]
Terry wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 pm

We're not jumping at shadows pal. The naming rights is effectively a secret deal. Spotless did not renew after 2018. No doubt they then went to the market and after a while they took it off the market.

The suspicion would be they had little or no interest at least at the price they wanted. I mean why would they take it off the market if they had a Etihad, Westpac, Qantas or some other corporate heavyweight lined up? It's nonsensical.

The obvious conclusion is they couldn't sell the rights and scrambled to save face.

If they come out from behind their secret cave and give a reasonable story that proves me wrong I will attend back to back Giants games dressed as Izzy Folau!!!!!!!!
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:45 am
i am wary of the whole scenario too...

I do also think it was a great ploy by the Gws or AFL
whoever came up with idea, in naming the stadium

GIANTS STADIUM

do i have any evidence ... no..

but i am backing that it is funded by the AFL
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:23 am
lol Millions of sponsorship dollars for GWS stadium Deal.

by a Fan Group..

i think i have heard it all now
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am
The whole idea of naming rights is to get your name seen .
This GWS secret naming benefactors is laughable .
It's beyond laughable .
There's no reason for someone to remain silent ....
It's not like a gift to the club as happens in sports .
This is naming rights for the stadium .....advertising in sport ...to be seen .
get your name or company's name seen by fans & tv viewers .

Lol

If there was a Sportsbet market I'd say it'd look like this

$1.01. GIl & AFL house
$1000.00 anyone else ..individual ..company ..or group..
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:44 am

Let's say there are private benefactors willing to give away millions of $$$ in secrecy, totally without recognition. Why would they not just give the money to the club. Why would they anonymously attach their money to the naming rights of the stadium??

Are they not now depriving the club of more money by taking the naming rights out of play. Wouldn't a benefactor who cares about the club so much just give 'em the money and say 'now get yaself a naming rights sponsor'. Like you know.....get even more money in the bank.

Nup. This story is smoke and mirrors AFL 101.
and now today with John Stensdolt in the Australian

Meet the mystery American bond traders who are in charge of hundreds of billions of investor dollars globally, but have quietly been putting their own millions into the GWS Giants.

Market gurus and Pimco executives Dan Ivascyn, the Boston-born “bond prince”, and New York-based Marc Seidner will both be in Australia by Saturday morning in time to see the Giants clash with Richmond in the AFL grand final at the MCG.

The sports-loving pair maintain an extremely low profile when it comes to their passion for Australian rules football, but are understood to have also backed the Giants financially and become an integral part of the club’s off-field operations.

That has extended to having close relationships with Giants president Tony Shepherd and chief executive Dave Matthews, and coach Leon Cameron. They are also, accordingly to one AFL insider, a “significant” part of the group of anonymous corporate supporters who have stumped up $2.5m annually to buy naming rights for the club’s home ground, known as Giants Stadium since the beginning of the year.

“It is important to say what they are doing is sports philanthropy and is on their own and not with their company’s brand attached to it,” GWS president Tony Shepherd told The Aus­tralian.

“They have fallen in the love with the game, and with the team, and we are blessed to have these sort of people involved with the Giants. They came to us, it was not a matter of us approaching them. They certainly don’t want any publicity. But they have very quickly become experts in the game.”

Mr Ivascyn is Pimco’s group chief investment officer and a managing director of the firm’s Newport Beach office in Los Angeles, and has arrived in Melbourne ahead of Saturday’s match.

He manages Pimco’s Income Fund, which reportedly has more than $300bn in funds. A highly ­diversified yet defensively positioned fund, it has been attractive to investors shifting back to the bond product due to interest rate cuts and monetary easing policies by central banks around the world.

He would not comment on the record when approached by The Australian. Sources say he is a keen sports fan of teams in his home town of Boston as well as well-known world teams such as the Brazilian national soccer team.

Mr Ivascyn has been to several AFL grand finals in recent years — he was said to have been travelling to Melbourne regardless of whether GWS won through to the season decider — and will be at Saturday’s game with colleague Mr Seidner, the chief investment officer of Pimco’s “non-traditional” strategies and head of portfolio management in the firm’s New York office.

The pair are understood to have been introduced to the ­Giants by Pimco’s Australian boss, Robert Mead, and another of the club’s corporate supporters in Michael Hope of the Hope ­Estate winery in the Hunter Valley, NSW.

Mr Mead and Mr Hope, an enthusiastic corporate supporter of the Giants, had previously met at a corporate function at the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and hit it off when talking about the AFL.

That led to Mr Mead inviting Pimco’s American executives to a recent AFL grand final and then later forming a relationship with Giants management.

The American pair are now said to visit Australia and the Giants up to five or six times a year, and also attended at least one Giants final this season.

“They have a good knowledge of the Giants business plan and, like anything they do, the money is not going there without them knowing what is being done with it,” one league insider told The Australian. “In particular, they like the ­Giants story about making connections with the community and how they’ve started from scratch and are building from there. It is similar to an entrepreneurial story they can relate to in that way.”

Mr Ivascyn and Mr Seidner are also members of the Giants’ exclusive coterie supporter group, M7, led by president Mr Shepherd and also including business identities such as pub baron Joel Fisher of Balmoral Hospitality Group, Chris Larsen of Ironbark Asset Management and Giants director Adrian Fonseca.

Other M7 members include Mr Hope, Efex Group founder Nick Sheehan, corporate lawyer Rob Kardos of Kardos Scanlan and importer and manufacturer Michael Pilkington.
This one seemes to have slipped through to the keeper.

Back to back Giants games Terry.....
You may need to travel to make this happen.
What are you plans?
I figure you'll be true to your word.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Think of the good that money could do & they're sinking into this crap.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:22 pm
Think of the good that money could do & they're sinking into this crap.
It’s funny how afl and their clubs dominate the sponsors dollar money market in Australia!

Meanwhile there are/were clubs struggling to find sponsors and others bailing due to shit culture or no value for money!

Yep sink money in to that crap called league
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

SUNS LOCK IN NT PREMIERSHIP GAMES UNTIL 2023

The Gold Coast Suns will play one game a year in the Northern Territory and have first dibs on talent from the region as part of a new agreement with AFL Northern Territory.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I don't like the whole playing games away from home, whether it be townsville, Cairns, China or Northern Territory. Suns need to focus on their local market. Everything else is there on the GC re: Australian Rules Football - strong and numerous leagues, growth in numbers playing, (could do with a few more grounds actually) they just need to have their team doing well and get more supporters behind them and to games. I can almost guarantee (see what I did there notaleaguefan to stop the pendents - "almost") that crowds would be significantly larger and the so so supporter would be going to more games - look at the lions. So why the hell they would play the game away from home in a market that they are trying to gain a better foothold in astounds me. Bad decision I reckon.

In saying that - I think the recent trade period has been a good one for the Suns. Some good recruits in some mature players and the signing of King sends a great message. Be interested to see what Jack Martin does now that he wasn't traded?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

lol,desperation times
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don't think it is desperation times really, well not in regard to this. I think it is desperation times in regard to their win/loss ratio however. The Suns now have the NT as part of their zone to recruit from or something like that and I'm guessing the pay off is they play this game there and have a role in the community. I don't like it - not at all - just as I think the whole Canberra thing is not right for GWS from a marketing perspective. This, I feel, has the opposite effect of trying to get local support (and I suspect the Suns have a lot more local support than GWS given they are losing big time and still getting okat numbers at the ground). Are the suns still having their Cairns/Townsville game on top of this?

Nope - don't like it. Bad idea.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Cats_Steve (Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:33 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

unsure about the deal with Cairns & Townsville.

If it is it would mean only 9 games on the Gold Coast.
I assume the weaker drawing teams would be shifted to Darwin and North QLD.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Guessing so... but seriously need the games to be on the coast
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:06 pm
lol,desperation times
The stuns are still new and trying to establish a fan base.

The nrlol has teams interstate to play single games or double headers

Despite times aye 🚽
Last edited by notaleaguefan on Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

That’s exactly what they are doing !!!! Going interstate for a single game in nt
Veni, vidi, vici