so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
User avatar
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 pm
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by post_hoc » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 am

Big Saturday night on FTA sport, the only real question is which code is going to come in second behind the Australia v France World Cup match?


Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2973
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by leeroy*NRL* » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:04 am

a lot of sport on this night>>

Cricket > Aus v Eng Ch9
Union Aus v Ireland Ch10
AFL Hawks v Crows Ch10
Cronulla v Broncos FOX
Aus v France SBS



Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1917
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by Terry » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 am

I'll be giving the socceroos first preference & switching over between the RL & RU for updates.



Bbear
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 pm
Team: brisbane bears

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by Bbear » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Terry wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 am
I'll be giving the socceroos first preference & switching over between the RL & RU for updates.
You forgot to include AFL updates !

France playing Australia is a bit like Samson vs Goliath except the Aussies wont be able to deliver a killer blow. Good luck with an upset socceroos but I will watch Hawks vs Crows.


I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap

User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 12786
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by King-Eliagh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 am

^^^ he's in the bubble :lol:


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

User avatar
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 pm
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by post_hoc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 am

Looks like the answer to the question was......Daylight.

Massive night for Australian Football, bring on the Danes


Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by NlolRL » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 am

post_hoc wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 am
Looks like the answer to the question was......Daylight.

Massive night for Australian Football, bring on the Danes
Basically soccers biggest game in Australia and there's daylight between that and either the NRL or AFL's GF :afro:



User avatar
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 pm
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by post_hoc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 am

So you think the biggest game in Football is a group stage match at the world cup LOL, how insular are you. What a joke. How sad are you that the biggest game in AFL is equivalent to a group match at the World Cup.


Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2973
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by leeroy*NRL* » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

what I think NlolRL was trying to say was

This at current is most likely the biggest match Australia will play this year
Aus V France>>

of course if Australia made the world cup final / semi etc (it would be massive)
especially played at a good primetime slot..



User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2973
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by leeroy*NRL* » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 am

either way 2.1mill for the Aus v France game on Saturday night is very good..

especially with all the other competition at the same time..
with no other sport on prob looking around the 2.8mill to 3.1mill mark

those poor union fans
Ausv Ireland Bombed big time..



User avatar
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 pm
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by post_hoc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 pm

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 am
either way 2.1mill for the Aus v France game on Saturday night is very good..

especially with all the other competition at the same time..
with no other sport on prob looking around the 2.8mill to 3.1mill mark

those poor union fans
Ausv Ireland Bombed big time..
Cricket had worse figures than the Rugby didn't?

the ARU were warned not to put it on at that time, they didn't listen.

That was my point the AFL can't get any bigger than the AFL Grand Final, so the best they have got so far is a group stage match, pretty sad really isn't.


Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by NlolRL » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm

post_hoc wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 am
So you think the biggest game in Football is a group stage match at the world cup LOL, how insular are you. What a joke. How sad are you that the biggest game in AFL is equivalent to a group match at the World Cup.
Equivalent? No.

The world cup is soccers GF, for Australia anyway



NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by NlolRL » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 pm

post_hoc wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 am
either way 2.1mill for the Aus v France game on Saturday night is very good..

especially with all the other competition at the same time..
with no other sport on prob looking around the 2.8mill to 3.1mill mark

those poor union fans
Ausv Ireland Bombed big time..
Cricket had worse figures than the Rugby didn't?

the ARU were warned not to put it on at that time, they didn't listen.

That was my point the AFL can't get any bigger than the AFL Grand Final, so the best they have got so far is a group stage match, pretty sad really isn't.
The WC is once every 4 years. How sad it takes that long for Australia to show interest in the round ball game



User avatar
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 pm
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by post_hoc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 pm
post_hoc wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 am
either way 2.1mill for the Aus v France game on Saturday night is very good..

especially with all the other competition at the same time..
with no other sport on prob looking around the 2.8mill to 3.1mill mark

those poor union fans
Ausv Ireland Bombed big time..
Cricket had worse figures than the Rugby didn't?

the ARU were warned not to put it on at that time, they didn't listen.

That was my point the AFL can't get any bigger than the AFL Grand Final, so the best they have got so far is a group stage match, pretty sad really isn't.
The WC is once every 4 years. How sad it takes that long for Australia to show interest in the round ball game
Really, I'd argue the opposite, it is rather sad that the AFL only has the Grand Final, yet football has a sundry of other options. A League Final, FA Cup Final AFC Champions League, UEFA Champions League, Asian Cup, Euros, El Clasico, every single one of them bigger than the AFL Grand Final. Sorry


Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: so I guess the question is, which code is going to come in second on Saturday night?

Post by NlolRL » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:31 pm

None of these events draw australias interest beyond a few soccer tragics.

News flash, as a population we're not that into soccer. Its bat shit boring. So so so defensive, almost pointless for 99% of the game. No wonder crowds behave badly



Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], NlolRL and 5 guests

Recent Members

All Time
Username
Join Date

Recent Member

Please welcome our newest member:

Syd Swann
  • Joined: Yesterday
  • Last Visited: Yesterday
  • Total posts: 0