Afl Friday night FIZZER!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Afl Friday night FIZZER!

Post by King-Eliagh »

Jesus, it's really getting toxic. I just won some dosh betting on the underdog in the NRL and decided to switch channels and watch the phenomenon that is the AFL FRIDAY NIGHT FIZZER!

It's interesting stuff :lol: the commentators are seriously bored shitless :lol: a few minutes ago the swans were only up by two goals and the commentators were stating it'd be "a miracle" if Carlton can win :shock:

:lol: I haven't been watching much afl footy this season and only recently heard about how common the code is providing Friday night fizzers :lol: guess the commentators know exactly what they're talking about, :lol: swans are kicking away now and it's boring as batshit to watch :lol:
Last edited by King-Eliagh on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Afl Friday night Fizzer!

Post by NlolRL »

10k at the NRL in sydney for 2 local sides

27k at the AFL in Sydney for 1 local side

Imagine if the AFL wasnt 3rd vs 17th.

Lol Sydney
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:57 pm
10k at the NRL in sydney for 2 local sides

27k at the AFL in Sydney for 1 local side

Imagine if the AFL wasnt 3rd vs 17th.

Lol Sydney
Nlol! Are we buds again? Have you taken me off ignore?? :wave:

:compress: :bounce: :compress:

:wave:

Ok well just don’t defend racism in the afl again or I’ll make sure you put me on ignore again! [-X

:lol:

As for your post thanks for the info but this thread is actually about the afls roll of FRIDAY NIGHT FIZZERS! :lol: it’s about the low quality of the games of late, I’m not interested in the ridiculously old discussion of which code pulls the crowds. That’s fukkin almost more boring than the afl on a Friday night of late :lol:

So please, re read the op and make a decent contribution :)

I’m really glad we are pals again nlol :D:

:cool:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

It was definitely another Friday night fizzed alright! I only lasted five minutes

Checkout the Afl App Headline

Match Report: swans overpower DOUR blues

I think the journo was going for the Bolded meanings of the word ‘dour’

dour
[doo r, douuh r, dou-er
adjective
sullen; gloomy :lol:
The captain's dour look depressed us all. :lol: :lol:
severe; stern:
His dour criticism made us regret having undertaken the job.
Scot. (of land) barren; rocky, infertile, or otherwise difficult or impossible to cultivate.

=D :lol:

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Top thread
Will read many times .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:46 pm
Jesus, it's really getting toxic. I just won some dosh betting on the underdog in the NRL and decided to switch channels and watch the phenomenon that is the AFL FRIDAY NIGHT FIZZER!

It's interesting stuff :lol: the commentators are seriously bored shitless :lol: a few minutes ago the swans were only up by two goals and the commentators were stating it'd be "a miracle" if Carlton can win :shock:

:lol: I haven't been watching much afl footy this season and only recently heard about how common the code is providing Friday night fizzers :lol: guess the commentators know exactly what they're talking about, :lol: swans are kicking away now and it's boring as batshit to watch :lol:
What sort of odds do you get for a gamble like that?

I'm struggling to comprehend Carlton getting so many Friday night games.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
But, it must have been bad weather is Sydney last night.
With a dog shit crowd of 27351.
That's 20000 non paying empty seats. Ouch!
I think it's time for a fluid Friday fixture.
What do you all think?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I think KE is on to something .
Maybe Carltank get so many Fri night games to see if all the years of TANKING/RORTING/CHEATING paid off .
Looks like a big no .
So it will be think tank time at fumblehouse .
A round table discussion on how to compromise the comp even more ..
tanking ..tried & failed
Cola..successful with Bris & Syd
But the fans of clubs not benefiting didn't like it ..so we kept it & changed the name .

I'm sure they'll come up with something ..then a few years down the track some team will get plenty of FRI night games to see if the current rort was successful.

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

I had a little peak at the mess during the night and the thing that stood out to me was the kicking!!!! I mean this game is all about kicking. The main 'skill' of the game is kicking. They must do thousands of kicks in training each week. They kick in their back yards, they kick in the local parks, they kick everywhere they go!!

So the question is: Why are they so absolutely HOPELESS at kicking?????????? In the 5 minutes I watched the bumbling mess the highly paid, highly trained, 'super athletes', missed goals from right in front 20 to 30 metres out...…..repeatedly!!!!

They then kicked out of bounds on the full...…….repeatedly!!!!!!!! Then when a kick finally went to a player in the same team, on the full, the commentators sounded like they had all but split the atom!!!!!!!!

I mean what the hell is wrong with these unco dills?????? The whole point of the game is kicking...….and they're hopeless at it!!!!!! It'd be like a tradey who can't hammer in a nail!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell ya why their ratings have tanked...…..they're hopeless at what they do...…..it's plain & simple...…..the games a hopeless mess!!!!!!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

SportCapital wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:46 pm

What sort of odds do you get for a gamble like that?

I'm struggling to comprehend Carlton getting so many Friday night games.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
But, it must have been bad weather is Sydney last night.
With a dog shit crowd of 27351.
That's 20000 non paying empty seats. Ouch!
I think it's time for a fluid Friday fixture.
What do you all think?

I got Souths at something like 2.40. Was an easy decision for me ;) seems the bookies have overpredicted how much good teams will struggle without their origin stars so I also have a solid multi going with only one leg left. If roosters get up tmw I’ll be a happy man! [-o<

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Maybe they need to introduce extra 'resty' time, making the game longer and 1.5 times as many ratings :wink:
'
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

now now peeps, lets not get sidetracked. This thread is about how the AFL last night was a fizzer.

Funny how an AFL fizzer played in Sydney can get almost 3 times the crowd of an NRL game also played in Sydney at the same time.

Which games was the fizzer???
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:43 pm
now now peeps, lets not get sidetracked. This thread is about how the AFL last night was a fizzer.

Funny how an AFL fizzer played in Sydney can get almost 3 times the crowd of an NRL game also played in Sydney at the same time.

Errrrmmm :hmm: nlol if you wanna be my friend again ur gunna have to stop making up shit the way you did to defend racists in the afl ok?

Firstly this thread is about, and I quote, the phenomenon that is the afls Friday night fizzer!

It’s not about one game last night you stooped gherkin.

And secondly, it’s about the shithouse in game competition the afl is producing regularly on Friday nights... so it is absolutely irrelevant to this thread even if a million punters walk thru the gates you clown!

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I mean let’s just consider the numbers for a moment. Let’s try and estimate the scale...

On this website we’ve got several afl fans coming out of the woodwork upset admitting the afl is “stupid” and that the Friday night fizzers are terrible :lol: this is rare air for the afl species, they will always defend defend defend but it seems the Friday night fizzers are really hurting the brainwashed merinos aka afl fans. They seem genuinely upset, cept for nlol but it seems he left his brains in some shithouse back in kindergarten.

Anyway the scale. So if we’ve got numerous brainwashees coming out admitting how shithouse things are then what about the rest of em?

Lemme help you imagine .

You’ve been hard at work all week in the office, leering and whistling at the female employees, making racist remarks and throwing bananas towards the employees who don’t come from white Anglo backgrounds and threatening to set the employee with dwarfism on fire ...when finally Friday comes. You leave work and you’ve been talking about and thinking about the footy game all week and then when finally the game comes.... it turns out to be an absolute FIZZER! Shit boring from beginning to end!!!

Basically there’s thousands upon thousands of afl fans who’s week would fit this description pretty closely so i imagine the afl brand will be copping a bit of a pummeling from ... THE FRIDAY NIGHT FIZZERS!!

“Stupid afl”.

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Spot on

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:35 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Errrrmmm :hmm: nlol if you wanna be my friend again ur gunna have to stop making up shit the way you did to defend racists in the afl ok?

Firstly this thread is about, and I quote, the phenomenon that is the afls Friday night fizzer!

It’s not about one game last night you stooped gherkin.

And secondly, it’s about the shithouse in game competition the afl is producing regularly on Friday nights... so it is absolutely irrelevant to this thread even if a million punters walk thru the gates you clown!
you're dead right KE, it's about the fizzer on Friday night where the AFL have given Carlton, bottom 4 last year, 1/3rd of the Thursday/Friday games so far this year. Very silly scheduling.

However, it outrated the NRL and outdrew the NRL. Wow, an AFL fizzer demolishes the NRL. Great thread KE :thumbleft: