Joining the dots in 2018, is the afl still a lopsided piece of dog shit comp?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Joining the dots in 2018, is the afl still a lopsided piece of dog shit comp?

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 am

Lol
No matter how much you sugar coat shit ..it's still shit .
That's why Rl in this country is the most watched sport ..& why afl is going backwards in the ratings .
ratings are only one measure and are steadily going down for all programs overall. Another measure is crowds, and the AFL are heading for another record attendance year and may break 7mil for the first time ever.

This doesnt seem to support your claim
Lol don't lump RL in the ALL PROGRAMS ratings are going down basket .
We are holding steady .
You are down massively .

Lol try living in the real world for a change .
the real world is TV overall is in decline, so the fact AFL is also doesn't mean it's the game itself. Also, you FTA ratings are also down, it's STV that's keeping your numbers steady
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Joining the dots in 2018, is the afl still a lopsided piece of dog shit comp?

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:45 am
SportCapital wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:30 pm
Are you fucking serious .
There's more interchanges in one game of fumbleball than a whole round of the NRL

Lol reducing a huge amount by some won't make any difference
NFI!
Defend defend defend .
I'll spell it out for ya...
NO FUCKING IDEA!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 am

ratings are only one measure and are steadily going down for all programs overall. Another measure is crowds, and the AFL are heading for another record attendance year and may break 7mil for the first time ever.

This doesnt seem to support your claim
We are holding steady .
You are down massively .

the real world is TV overall is in decline, so the fact AFL is also doesn't mean it's the game itself. Also, you FTA ratings are also down, it's STV that's keeping your numbers steady
TV was down about 4% I think. The AFL, on the other hand was down something like 12% or 14%. And with a bunch of shithouse results like 700k last Friday night . The rating s drop off would be closer to 20%.but, but, but How often hass the royal wedding been on??????????????????? :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 am

We are holding steady .
You are down massively .

TV was down about 4% I think. The AFL, on the other hand was down something like 12% or 14%. And with a bunch of shithouse results like 700k last Friday night . The rating s drop off would be closer to 20%.but, but, but How often hass the royal wedding been on??????????????????? :(/
according to Wookie it's about 10%, not 20% :roll:

And we arent alone:
According to Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated, NFL ratings were down nine percent in 2017 from the previous season
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/277 ... -i-used-to
The television ratings continue to fall for the Indianapolis 500.

In ABC’s final broadcast of the race, the 102nd running of the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing" earned an overnight 3.4 Nielsen rating, down from last year, according to Adam Stern of SportsBusiness Journal. That figure is the lowest since the race started airing live in 1986.

Last year’s rating of 3.6 was also lower than the two previous years as the race earned a 4.1 Nielsen rating in 2016 and a 4.3 Nielsen rating in 2015.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/m ... 649613002/
Through the first round of games in the 2018 FIFA World Cup, TV viewership from the U.S. has dropped about 44 percent compared with the last tournament in 2014, according to data from Nielsen.

The drop is consistent across English-language broadcasts on Fox and the Spanish-language broadcasts on NBCUniversal’s Telemundo. Games on Fox have averaged 1.98 million viewers, compared with 3.55 million on ESPN in 2014. Telemundo’s games have drawn an average audience of 1.87 million viewers, down from 3.3 million on Univision four years ago
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -from-2014
According to Sports Media Watch, through Friday, the Olympics had averaged a combined 22.2 million viewers in prime time, a 6% drop since 2014, for the lowest average since Turin in 2006. The audience on the flagship NBC network is averaging 19.9 million, the smallest since 1992.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanbe ... f6f25b63a5

and that's just the start
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

When did Wookie tell you this??????

excuse after excuse with you .We had the World cup and Winter Olympics as well. Your excuses , But, but, but . Always tiresome, always sickening, always got one.
[-(

All your quotes do is highlight just how well the NRL are doing. There bucking the trend while the AFL are freefalling at a much faster pace than TV.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:18 pm

excuse after excuse with you .We had the World cup and Winter Olympics as well. Your excuses , But, but, but . Always tiresome, always sickening, always got one.
[-(

All your quotes do is highlight just how well the NRL are doing. There bucking the trend while the AFL are freefalling at a much faster pace than TV.
wookie tweeted it a week ago.

WTF are you on about with the olympics and WC? I posted those comments because they show most sports have declining ratings. It's an overall trend, not unique to the AFL

Yes it highlights that the NRL is doing well on STV. They are down 5% on FTA
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 pm

[-(

WTF are you on about with the olympics and WC? I posted those comments because they show most sports have declining ratings. It's an overall trend, not unique to the AFL

what, a personal tweet to you was it? I read Wookie twitter site everyday and I don't recall reading it.

Does it show ratings being down for the NRL???? because them and AFL are the only ones that matter here.

At the halfway stage of the NRL season there had been a slight decline in metro. slight. And if c9 viewers are now watching the fox coverage then what's the problem? NRL viewers are still watching just on a different medium.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:15 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 pm

[-(

what, a personal tweet to you was it? I read Wookie twitter site everyday and I don't recall reading it.

Does it show ratings being down for the NRL???? because them and AFL are the only ones that matter here.

At the halfway stage of the NRL season there had been a slight decline in metro. slight. And if c9 viewers are now watching the fox coverage then what's the problem? NRL viewers are still watching just on a different medium.
footyindustry. Was posted with NRL ratings as well, about a week or so ago. Yes, it shows the NRL's FTA ratings are down, but fox ratings are up
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I cant recall ch 9 or fox boss coming out asking for the rules to be changed in RL because it's an ugly ugly ugly mess & ratings are falling off a cliff .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 am
I cant recall ch 9 or fox boss coming out asking for the rules to be changed in RL because it's an ugly ugly ugly mess & ratings are falling off a cliff .
there's nothing to fix with RL, it's inherently ugly :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol ratings say different ..then again you & reality are a long way apart.
Not by the ratings
Most watched sport
Highest rating game .
Ratings holding steady ..going against the trend ...lol look at your sport ..ugly ugly mess that has people turning off in droves .

Yep if we are ugly then Aflol is a massive deformity .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 am
there's nothing to fix with RL, it's inherently ugly :lol:
there is plenty to fix in the game of rugby league..
and It is still holding its ground on TV
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

No movement on either fronts top eight over night.
But in the NRL. It's back out to a three game gap between the top eight and the rest.
So still no change since round 13.
SHITTER than dog shit.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

SportCapital wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:57 am
No movement on either fronts top eight over night.
But in the NRL. It's back out to a three game gap between the top eight and the rest.
So still no change since round 13.
SHITTER than dog shit.
wow, how unpredictable :lol:

Whereas in the AFL there is only 2 games separating 6th and 12th
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

In AFL the only question is who will run second to Richmond . The Bookies already have them at even money.