AFL not against hush money for sexual harrassment victims-Gillon.

Australian Football news and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

AFL not against hush money for sexual harrassment victims-Gillon.

Post by Terry »

AFL crisis management 101: Keep everyone quiet by paying money!!!! Is this the most dishonest sport in the world??? Please discuss.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-27/g ... tion=sport
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: AFL not against hush money for sexual harrassment victims-Gillon.

Post by pussycat »

I cant believe it. Gil didn't have a problem with it. He actually encouraged clubs to do it . What a corrupt organisation.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Yep. The DT trashes Greenberg because he is trying to talk up the game but remain silent on the AFL paying hush money to sexual harassment victims. I dunno........maybe Todd is on to something!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

They've been doing it for years .
Adelaide Parklands anyone ?
EDIT....it was John Elliot admitting his club paid off victims
Then have the audacity to claim ..female friendly

They have their journos point the finger at RL to highlight what a despicable code it is ...all the while ignoring the huge problems in their own code .

I've aske repeatedly for some fumbler to show hush money pay offs in RL .
So far ..nothing .

This highlights what a bunch of hypocrites this sport ....the media & its fans are .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Just to highlight ..the lip service ...the image protection ....the do anything to be seen as being pro active & punishing the wrong doers
He is an article from 13 years ago when this very same issue was in the news .
LOOK AT US
LOOK WHAT WE WILL DO
Yet as usual it's the opposite
Victims are only important till they can sign to say they'll keep quiet .
Anything to protect the afl image.

Fucking lying hypocrites

AFL gets tough with players

Email
Print
Normal font
Large font
By Jacquelin Magnay
November 9, 2005
Advertisement

Advertisement
The Australian Football League has vowed to rip up player contracts and impose hefty fines if women are paid hush money to prevent making an official sexual assault complaint.

The sanctions - which can be imposed against a player, official, agent associate or club member - are just one of a range of new "conduct unbecoming" rules the AFL announced yesterday.

In a distinct cultural shift away from the old, unfettered support for its players, the AFL has introduced official responses if players are alleged to have been involved in a sexual assault, even when the woman does not want to pursue her complaint with police. In these instances the player may have to undergo mentoring, training and increased supervision and offer an apology to those affected.

Under the new rules, the AFL will terminate contracts when there are convictions of sexual assault, the establishment of a prima facie case for sexual assault or a finding of civil liability or when an inappropriate payment is made. Clubs can also be penalised for failing to report allegations, not co-operating with a police investigation or making inappropriate comments in the media.

The rules are in response to the range of sexual assault complaints received by the AFL last year, including allegations levelled against St Kilda players. This had followed the NRL crisis concerning the gang rape allegations against six Bulldogs players at Coffs Harbour. Around the same time it was also revealed that Sydney Swan Michael O'Loughlin, Port Adelaide's Peter Burgoyne and Adam Heuskes paid around $200,000 to a woman at the centre of rape allegations in Adelaide in 2000.

O'Loughlin said in a statement when his involvement was made public: "This whole matter has caused me considerable distress and the only reason I agreed to contribute to a payment was to save my family from the trauma which would have come from defending my innocence."

The AFL's new rules will not be applied retrospectively but will be implemented immediately. Swans star Adam Goodes will be a mentor for the policy, "Respect and Responsibility", which underpins the new rules.

Goodes said: "It's not just about changing the environment of football clubs, it's about changing the environment in society and it's society as a whole that we're trying

to change. If us being role models in an AFL club fitting under this new policy helps society over time, then I think it's a great initiative and just being a mentor at a football club makes us keep an eye out for things that might go on. It maybe gives us the power to stand up for other people when we can."

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said: "The changes to our rules … send a message to all those involved in the game that the AFL will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour, sexual harassment or assault against women. Nor will we tolerate a culture that seeks to sweep these issues under the carpet."

AFL Players Association director Brendan Gale said the players found violence against women repugnant but had misgivings about the application of some aspects of the rule changes because players could be treated differently to normal citizens.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said he supported the AFL stance and said the NRL already had similar arrangements in place.

This season, the NRL deregistered Dane Tilse from the Newcastle Knights after he had broken into a woman's room in the early hours of the morning during a pre-season training camp. The Bulldogs were also fined $150,000 with a further $300,000 suspended for the Coffs Harbour dramas.

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

So Gil not only supports hush money for sexual harassment victims he also supports the cone of silence when one of his star players is caught snorting cocaine. This is AFL scandal management 101.

"Gillon McLachlan and other AFL leaders dodge media at AFLW draft amid Shane Mumford scandal
Scott Gullan, Herald Sun
October 24, 2018 8:54am
Subscriber only
LIPS were pursed at the AFLW draft after the disappearing act of the league hierarchy.

All the head honchos were there for the big event at Marvel Stadium with CEO Gillon McLachlan leading the posse which included football boss Steve Hocking, Andrew Dillon and Patrick Keane.

They were front and square for the first round of the women’s draft but as soon as the name of the No.12 selection was read out they were on their feet.

The timing was interesting given their departure out a side entrance coincided with the media pack being called out to the balcony to interview No.1 pick Nina Morrison.

They’d been waiting patiently to interview McLachlan about the breaking story involving Shane Mumford’s drug binge".

Wow!!!!! Run Gillon run!!!!!

Contrast that to the treatment handed out to NRL players Kevin Proctor and Jesse Bromwich after taking drugs last year. Immediately banned by their clubs and handed massive fines. Same from the NZ Rugby League plus banned from the entire World Cup 2017.

The RL players were hammered by everyone in the media in and out of sport reporting. No sympathy or excuse was given or asked for.

Cue to Mumford: Compassion and understanding are the order of the day. Reports state he is still on track for a comeback albeit he may have to serve a small suspension.

Everyone is concerned about his welfare. GWS staffer Gavin Robertson said Mumford was 'not in a great place' and 'suffering'. He also said that at the time of the offence: " the premature retirement hit Mumford hard.
At the time when it went down ... that was not easy for him, he was not ready to finish."

Amazingly he gives him an excuse for his drug taking. But what I found even more incredible was that at the bottom of the article was this:

"Lifeline 13 11 14
beyondblue 1300 22 4636"

This is dog whistling that the bloke has mental health problems & should be left alone. As a general rule I have no great problem with that for recreational drug use or minor indiscretions.

However the question is: have any RL players ever been treated with such kid gloves in the media? Ever been given excuses for their behaviour? Ever been shown such leniency and compassion? I think not.

Here are a couple of contrasting media reports of the similar circumstances surrounding these incidents.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 501d4913be

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mum ... 50bl1.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

As I've repeatedly said . It's all lip service
All about making the right noises ..going to do the right thing....all with one simple purpose .PROTECT THE IMAGE .
Lol what do they do ..the complete opposite of what they preach about .

Most corrupt morally bankrupt sport in Aust.

🤣
Xman wrote
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

standard Procedure>>

AFL has been like this since Demetriou (CEO) took over...
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

So, we have hush money and MOU's with the Police to protect the AFL brand and keep things quiet. Now we find out that not only do they have a secret drugs policy but the players plead 'mental health' to escape a strike. Incredible!!!

This mob will do anything to protect the 'brand'. Dishonest, immoral, fraudulent, corrupt behaviour. Yep...…..that's the AFL.

Grant Thomas

@Thomo_Grant
Follow
Follow @Thomo_Grant

More
AFL drug policy is designed to protect AFL brand & minimise exposure of illicit drugs. If a player is caught but cites mental health issues it is not a strike against him. Save to say there is a shitload of “mental health” issues with AFL players.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:12 pm
So, we have hush money and MOU's with the Police to protect the AFL brand and keep things quiet. Now we find out that not only do they have a secret drugs policy but the players plead 'mental health' to escape a strike. Incredible!!!

This mob will do anything to protect the 'brand'. Dishonest, immoral, fraudulent, corrupt behaviour. Yep...…..that's the AFL.

Grant Thomas

@Thomo_Grant
Follow
Follow @Thomo_Grant

More
AFL drug policy is designed to protect AFL brand & minimise exposure of illicit drugs. If a player is caught but cites mental health issues it is not a strike against him. Save to say there is a shitload of “mental health” issues with AFL players.
the AFL's illicit drugs policy is FAR FAR more transparent than the NRL's joke
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Sure it is
One code goes to extraordinary lengths to keep things hush hush .
To protect the image .
The other codes dirty laundry is exposed for all to see .
Yet you think the AFLs drug policy is better ...
Oh dear.

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm
Sure it is
One code goes to extraordinary lengths to keep things hush hush .
To protect the image .
The other codes dirty laundry is exposed for all to see .
Yet you think the AFLs drug policy is better ...
Oh dear.
the NRL do their own testing and dont publish any results

the AFL get ASADA to do their testing and the results are published

Idiot
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:45 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Grant Thomas

@Thomo_Grant
Follow
Follow @Thomo_Grant

More
the AFL's illicit drugs policy is FAR FAR more transparent than the NRL's joke
Pal, the point I'm making is that the AFL has multiple layers of covering up going on. Gilty's hush money, MOU with cops and the drug testing farce.

And that's only the ones we know about. It's cover up on cover up on cover up. The truth is optional, dishonesty and deceit are king. That's the stinking underbelly of the Australian Fumbling League.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

You used the illicit drugs policy as an example and it backfired on you. The AFL take the matter far more seriously, and are far more transparent, than the NRLol
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Just lol.
Did you go blind .
You skipped over the oh mental illness no strike bit.
That's how they cover up the drug problem .
Of course you would skip over that .

I remember a few years ago ..the lols even on Big foooody about Buddy frankhead.
Oh he's dealing with Problems ...needs time away from the game .
Lol seems according to plenty of AFL fans that Buddy was being shielded from getting a strike against his name by using the afl mental illness get out clause .
Protect the image ...make the drug problem look minor .

Im sure you'll explain this away as you do with everything negative relating yo the afl .

🤣
Xman wrote