AFL not against hush money for sexual harrassment victims-Gillon.

Australian Football news and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: AFL not against hush money for sexual harrassment victims-Gillon.

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 pm
Lol
Just lol.
Did you go blind .
You skipped over the oh mental illness no strike bit.
That's how they cover up the drug problem .
Of course you would skip over that .

I remember a few years ago ..the lols even on Big foooody about Buddy frankhead.
Oh he's dealing with Problems ...needs time away from the game .
Lol seems according to plenty of AFL fans that Buddy was being shielded from getting a strike against his name by using the afl mental illness get out clause .
Protect the image ...make the drug problem look minor .

Im sure you'll explain this away as you do with everything negative relating yo the afl .
surprisingly there's a very strong link between mental illness and illicit drug use. The purpose of the drug's policy is to identify players who may be turning to, or experimenting with drugs, and give them support and education to change their ways. It isnt simply to catch and ban players, they already have the WADA code for that which will ban players if they are caught on game day.

It's unbelievable how uneducated people are about illicit drug policies
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

There it is folks
Reading from the afl script .
Nothing to see here
Nothing to do with protecting the image .
Lol it's all about the players welfare .
Jesus h fuck ..it's amazing how you can always come up with scenarios to excuse the afl anytime they look bad .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFL players who ‘flaunt’ drugs policy are starting to ‘frustrate the hell’ out of clubs, says Caro

15 hours ago
Sportsday

Caroline Wilson says the AFL’s illicit drugs policy is starting to “frustrate the hell” out of some clubs.

She says some officials believe their players are “flaunting” the system and using aspects of it as a get-out-of-jail free card.

“There is just a view the illicit drugs policy is a bit of a joke,” Caroline Wilson said on 3AW.

“I know it’s gone from three strikes to two, but you talk to any club – I spoke to four today – and the view at those clubs is that it’s just incredibly frustrating that there are players who are rorting the system.

“Not all of them are making up the fact they have serious mental health issues but it’s just too easy to you’ve made a blue and have a strike against you and talk about the fact you have a mental health problem and receive regular treatment, which is all sort of obviously paid for by the system, and yet still turn up not in the best shape on a Monday and continue to sort of flaunt the situation.”

She said it wasn’t just officials who were frustrated.

“I talk to players about this,” Caroline said.

“They know. They know the party boys and who is flaunting the system .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:32 pm
There it is folks
Reading from the afl script .
Nothing to see here
Nothing to do with protecting the image .
Lol it's all about the players welfare .
Jesus h fuck ..it's amazing how you can always come up with scenarios to excuse the afl anytime they look bad .
I'm reading from the club doctor's script actually. They were the biggest advocates that the current policy must remain the same. Confidentiality was a major part of it.

Are you suggesting mental illness and drug use dont correlate?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:12 pm
AFL players who ‘flaunt’ drugs policy are starting to ‘frustrate the hell’ out of clubs, says Caro

15 hours ago
Sportsday

Caroline Wilson says the AFL’s illicit drugs policy is starting to “frustrate the hell” out of some clubs.

She says some officials believe their players are “flaunting” the system and using aspects of it as a get-out-of-jail free card.

“There is just a view the illicit drugs policy is a bit of a joke,” Caroline Wilson said on 3AW.

“I know it’s gone from three strikes to two, but you talk to any club – I spoke to four today – and the view at those clubs is that it’s just incredibly frustrating that there are players who are rorting the system.

“Not all of them are making up the fact they have serious mental health issues but it’s just too easy to you’ve made a blue and have a strike against you and talk about the fact you have a mental health problem and receive regular treatment, which is all sort of obviously paid for by the system, and yet still turn up not in the best shape on a Monday and continue to sort of flaunt the situation.”

She said it wasn’t just officials who were frustrated.

“I talk to players about this,” Caroline said.

“They know. They know the party boys and who is flaunting the system .
I back the judgement of the club doctors over the club management. That's what the policy is about, player welfare, not player management
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Jesus wept .
You don't think a club doctor will hint at mental illness when a star payer is caught .
Just to get him off getting a strike .
What alternate universe do you southern hicks live in .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 pm
Lol
Jesus wept .
You don't think a club doctor will hint at mental illness when a star payer is caught .
Just to get him off getting a strike .
What alternate universe do you southern hicks live in .
:[]
the club doctor is there for the player's health and wellbeing. The club is there for the club's success and performance on the field. Which do you think is more likely to want to get the player off scott free?

The clubs have bitched and moaned because they want more influence over the player's management, but their motives are performance. The doctor is managing the issue as a medical problem. The doctor is also bound by a code of ethics to treat the player with evidence-based treatments.

They are chalk and cheese
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Wow!!!! Another massive cover-up:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/footy ... 52fd2534e6

"16 players from the same club were secretly excluded from drug testing because of a claimed mental health diagnosis."

At face value this is of course another example of the lengths the AFL and clubs will go to to cover up everything and anything they can. 16 players in the one club exempt from drug tests!!!!!! Incredible.

To the objective punter they are lying as usual. Fumblers here will defend them. But lets say they are telling the truth. How the hell does a AFL club have 16 players on their books with mental health problems? What does this code do to their players to send them mad?

What are they doing for these poor tortured devils? What care are they getting? Is this another cover-up? Who knew so many players at the one club had this abominable affliction? How many players at other clubs are similarly affected?

So: if they're lying it's just another AFL cover-up 101. If they're telling the truth its ...….yep........another horrific AFL cover-up 101.

Gotta give it to Gilty and boys......they're good!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

If the club medical staff have given a diagnosis of mental illness who are we to dispute it?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:34 pm
If the club medical staff have given a diagnosis of mental illness who are we to dispute it?
Of course pal. We know how innocent and truthful the great game fumble is. All good. Nothing to see here. Well …......apart from hush money, MOU with cops and secret drug tests that can be refused if the doc's on side.

But pal, if a club doc says 16 players can't take drug tests because they have mental health problems shouldn't the next question be: what the hell is happening at that club that half the playing group are so afflicted?

If half a certain workforce or company or office had mental health problems wouldn't they be investigated by work cover or some other govt body. It's a massive number of the workforce. Wouldn't you think something is wrong in that work place??

And in this case its another monumental cover-up.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Of course loler will defend defend defend .

Don't question afl house or clubs or anyone associated with it .

Cult like ..yep 100%

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Let me guess Terry
These 16 players assessed by the doc had enough mental illness so they didn't have to have a drug test ....but the mental illness wasn't bad enough for them to not play .
Wasn't bad enough to stand down for a few months to get treatment ..get their head right.
Lol X1,000,000,000,000

How fans can keep defending this rot is mind boggling .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Let me guess Terry
These 16 players assessed by the doc had enough mental illness so they didn't have to have a drug test ....but the mental illness wasn't bad enough for them to not play .
Wasn't bad enough to stand down for a few months to get treatment ..get their head right.
Lol X1,000,000,000,000

Good point. Where is the care for half this clubs workforce. Time off? Missed games? Counselling? Investigations why so many cases exist in the one club?? So many questions.

I dunno………...just seems like a whole lotta usual fumbleball BS to me. Then again I look at the facts and evidence. Others just look at what Gilty tells 'em and nod in unison.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:34 pm
Of course pal. We know how innocent and truthful the great game fumble is. All good. Nothing to see here. Well …......apart from hush money, MOU with cops and secret drug tests that can be refused if the doc's on side.

But pal, if a club doc says 16 players can't take drug tests because they have mental health problems shouldn't the next question be: what the hell is happening at that club that half the playing group are so afflicted?

If half a certain workforce or company or office had mental health problems wouldn't they be investigated by work cover or some other govt body. It's a massive number of the workforce. Wouldn't you think something is wrong in that work place??

And in this case its another monumental cover-up.
at any one time 1 in 5 people are affected by a mental illness. Given the size of an AFL list that nearly accounts for 10 players on a AFL clubs list at one time.

“There is indeed one AFL club that has 16 players on its list who have registered as having mental health issues, which means that they cannot be randomly drug tested for illicit drugs,” Stevenson said.

Furthermore, the 16 player comment comes from unconfirmed rumours from 3AW. The number may be incorrect, the reason for this number is also unknown. It's an assumption that they have done this to avoid drug testing. In fact as far as I'm aware they are still drug tested but they wont register a strike
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Let me guess Terry
Lol X1,000,000,000,000

they dont avoid tests they avoid strikes. That's totally different