2018 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2018 - Rugby League TV Ratings - NRL etc

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 pm
the actually game hit 990k
who cares if it does'nt hit 1 million...
the overall picture of the NRL season is what matters..
numerous AFL games have achieved over the 1mil mark this year, yet a big game involving the NRLs biggest club, with a close result, didnt manage it. In fact few if any NRL games have achieved this mark this year.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

that is because it is not our biggest game..
NRL games FTA for years have achived ratings on FTA between 800k to 1.1mill
never really anything more, this is nothing new.

and yes approx 10 games of AFL excluding finals will achieve the magic million mark..

the NRL not as much... but i look at this with 2 grains of salt
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:50 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 pm
the actually game hit 990k
who cares if it does'nt hit 1 million...
the overall picture of the NRL season is what matters..
numerous AFL games have achieved over the 1mil mark this year, yet a big game involving the NRLs biggest club, with a close result, didnt manage it. In fact few if any NRL games have achieved this mark this year.
Fancy the 'ol comparison coward trying to bag RL lolololololololololol!!!!!!! Incredible stuff!!!!!!! His preferred mess is down close to 10M for the year...….RL is up .......and he has the hide to bag it lolololol!!!!!!

I'll keep an eye on tonights fumbling ratings - last year they got 1.19M. How much will they be down this year???? 100k, 200k, 300k, 400k???????????

Oh........and llllolller......are we allowed to compare this week???????? Or will you withdraw permission to save yourself further embarrassment lololololololol!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry, the NRL are down on fta, fox is saving them.

If you want to compare last years equivalent round to this year's go right ahead. But dont expect anyone to plave any value on it.

Comparing the number of high rating games for both comps is totally valid, and big NRL home and away games just cannot compete with the AFL, even during a season where our ratings have declined
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:37 pm

If you want to compare last years equivalent round to this year's go right ahead. But dont expect anyone to plave any value on it.

Comparing the number of high rating games for both comps is totally valid, and big NRL home and away games just cannot compete with the AFL, even during a season where our ratings have declined

Lololololololololololo. So the comparison coward wants to compare NRL FTA in his desperate search for a negative ........lolollololololol.......fair dinkum where do you start with this bloke!!!!!!!!!!

Ok pal, here's what you'll have to do: give us a list of what we can compare and what we can't in your little world of fake comparisons. That'll save us a whole lot of valuable time lolololololol!!!!!

In the meantime I'll post what the sensible objective person wants to hear. There's a boy!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

FFS Once again .any comparison that has afl looking bad is not valid according to you .

Do you ever look outside the afl bubble you live in .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:29 pm

FFS Once again .any comparison that has afl looking bad is not valid according to you .

Do you ever look outside the afl bubble you live in .
Wrong. Ive admitted on numerous occasions that our ratings to date are down, which is based on a comparison of last year's and this year's ratings.

What is not valid is round 20 2017 and round 20 2018.

How stupid are you dopes?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:08 pm
Another top 8 clash featuring the Broncos last night and again it wont have reached 1m.

Is SOO season still with us puss?
Not bad, not bad at al . LOL I realise you have a lot of trouble with reality but 960k would be a lot more than your pathetic mob average on FTA.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:27 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:08 pm
Another top 8 clash featuring the Broncos last night and again it wont have reached 1m.

Is SOO season still with us puss?
Not bad, not bad at al . LOL I realise you have a lot of trouble with reality but 960k would be a lot more than your pathetic mob average on FTA.
and way more than your average too :wave:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NRL trumps AFL in TV ratings war

By Roy Masters
10 September 2018 — 8:00pm

Television ratings for the NRL season have eclipsed the AFL’s audiences for the first time since 2010, reflecting the closeness of games in the rugby league competition compared to AFL, where the frequency of one-sided matches continued with last weekend’s three semi-final blow-outs.

The NRL has also bucked the overall trend in the Australian TV market, where cumulative ratings have experienced a decline of 7.2 per cent in total over the last year. The NRL’s overall TV ratings are flat at 0.3 per cent to the end of round 25, compared to the end of the 2017 regular season.

The Broncos' season may be over but they remain the highest-watched team nationally across both the NRL and AFL.

The Broncos' season may be over but they remain the highest-watched team nationally across both the NRL and AFL.
Photo: AAP
The AFL’s TV ratings have fallen considerably, with a 12.8 per cent decline to the end of their regular season.

Cumulative season audience figures for the two codes highlight the NRL’s dominance. The NRL’s cumulative audience this season was 94.3 million, compared to the AFL’s live audience of 89.2m. This excludes State of Origin figures. If the data for those three games are added, rugby league’s audience for the 2018 season was more than 105m.

Although the AFL season has two fewer rounds, it has one additional game per round in its 18-team competition, meaning 12 more games for the television networks to cover.

The average free-to-air audience for the NRL was 600,181 in 2018, compared to 307,793 for the AFL (down 13 per cent on 2017), acknowledging that the AFL has cross-over timeslots and doesn’t go free to air with the same games nationally.

The average subscription TV audience (Foxtel) for the NRL was 240,879 in 2018 (up 3 per cent on 2017), compared to 184,821 for the AFL (down 7 per cent on 2017).

Queensland continues to be a rugby league state. The highest watched team nationally across both the NRL and AFL is the Broncos, with a live audience of more than 18m over the season. The second-highest watched team nationally is the Cowboys – with nearly 15m viewers over the season, despite almost winning the wooden spoon.

By comparison, the Swans have the AFL’s highest TV audience, with 14.3m viewers over the season. This is equivalent to the Roosters in the NRL, the code’s third highest-ranking team, also with 14.3m cumulative viewers.

The Warriors' resurgence resulted in a spike in their TV ratings in New Zealand.

The Warriors' resurgence resulted in a spike in their TV ratings in New Zealand.
Photo: AAP
While New Zealand is a rugby union nation, the Warriors' performance this year has helped lift viewing numbers. Total viewership of NRL on Sky in New Zealand is up by 21 per cent, year on year.

The NRL’s growing share of total TV in Sydney and Brisbane points to the code continuing to be attractive to the bidding networks. Simulcast games (Nine and Fox) had a 25.8 per cent share of audience in 2018, up 0.3 percentage points over the year. Subscription games (Fox) had a 9.3 per cent share of audience in 2018, up 0.5 percentage points over the year.

While the NRL’s digital department has been criticised by clubs for resources allocated to it and questions asked regarding its viability as an alternative to Fox, its audience is experiencing strong growth. Average streams of games per round increased by 108 per cent between 2017 and 2018.

Success on the field, together with the NRL taking control of scheduling, has given some NSW clubs a boost in TV audience. The Dragons are up by 26 per cent year on year, Knights have increased by 22 per cent and Roosters are up by 20 per cent.

The final round was a blockbuster, with an audience of nearly 4.5m, offering promise for the semi-finals ahead. Fox Sports recorded two of their top 10 sports audiences of the year in round 25.

NRL on course for TV ratings victory over AFL

NRL on course for TV ratings victory over AFL
Add to shortlist
Nearly one million people watched the Storm take on the Panthers on the Friday night. Johnathan Thurston’s final match drew 400,000, Fox Sports’ highest audience for the year across the four major football codes and the third highest-rating regular-season NRL game since 2011.

While the AFL can boast superior spectator numbers, the NRL recorded its highest crowds over the regular season since 2014.

The NRL’s average crowd of 15,579 for the season was a 3.8 per cent increase on last year, acknowledging the positive impact of double-headers.

The NRL’s top three strongest improvements in crowds came from:
•Warriors, average crowd of 18,999, a 62 per cent increase on last year
•Rabbitohs, average crowd of 17,574, a 61 per cent increase on last year
•Wests Tigers, average crowd of 17,291, a 28 per cent increase on last year

The NRL’s strongest movers, not impacted by double-headers, are:
•Dragons, average crowd of 16,606, a 25 per cent increase on last year
•Knights, average crowd of 18,974,a 21 per cent increase on last year
•Panthers, average crowd of 14,196, a 10 per cent increase on last year.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:13 pm
Television ratings for the NRL season have eclipsed the AFL’s audiences for the first time since 2010
So you've been full of shit for 7 years.
Lol no .

It's just we did it this year without SOO or Test ratings added .(which still gave us less games than the afl) .
This year we did it with 2 less teams & one teams home ratings not counted .
Lol
What a massacre .

🤣
Xman wrote
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:28 pm
Television ratings for the NRL season have eclipsed the AFL’s audiences for the first time since 2010
Lol no .

It's just we did it this year without SOO or Test ratings added .(which still gave us less games than the afl) .
Lol
What a massacre .
hear hear to that..

its quite a big achievement that this has happened with out Rugby Leagues Biggest games not counted..

where is NlolRL lol ohhhhh he gave up, after nothing but comparisons of Friday Night footy.
FumbleBALL
Team: Melbourne Storm
Been liked: 0

Post by FumbleBALL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Lol no .

Lol
What a massacre .
hear hear to that..

its quite a big achievement that this has happened with out Rugby Leagues Biggest games not counted..

where is NlolRL lol ohhhhh he gave up, after nothing but comparisons of Friday Night footy.
typical vicktard. What a complete ****
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

All the fumble fans saw what was coming and deserted the sinking ship. There's literally none left here.

You'd love to be in the trenches with that lot lololl!
When the call came to go over the top they'd hightail it in the opposite direction!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nrlol logic in the trenches

Sir we are being attacked on 3 sides .
NRLOL...don't worry about that ..we will concentrate on the important area...this narrow strip of land in front .
But sir....
Look this little bit here is all that's important the rest is irrelevant .
But sir we are getting massacred on the other two sides .
Nope not important .

Last thing he hears is the sound of running feet ..going the opposite direction .

🤣
Xman wrote