2018 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2018 - Rugby League TV Ratings - NRL etc

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:42 pm
But but ..overlap .
But but isolation
But but overlap
But but isolation .
But but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but.
but but Roy Masters :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Roy's numbers are very similar to mine here & his percentage differences between 2017/18 for both codes is almost exactly the same as Wookie's.

I'd say Roy is on the money!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

interesting article..

and points out a few things..

Brisbane and Cowboys in QLD have similar tv figures...
Broncos (325,494 per game) and Cowboys (311,321 per game
but Cowboys are shown on half the FTA games over the Broncos.

even knowing NlolRL has denied this as being True..

Perths Growth has grown 37% on FTA

Imagen what an NRL team could do..

(NRL should attack N.Z with another team) while the Super Rugby Is Hurting

Super Rugby crowds way down In NZ and tv figures...
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:57 pm

So what's your point? Despite all the uncertainties in the TV market the NRL have still managed a rise of about 1% :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:39 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:57 pm

So what's your point? Despite all the uncertainties in the TV market the NRL have still managed a rise of about 1% :rock:
the point is FTA ratings are down across the board by quite some margin, so it's not just the AFL who are hurting on FTA. In fact if it wasnt for 2 of our rounds being relegated to 7mate we'd probably be down about the same on FTA
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

An article the other day noted tv overall was down about 4%. It hadn't fallen of a cliff like AFL. And RL has all the 'but, but' excuses you have and are still up1%

Have you considered the possibility that people may have chosen to watch the Commonwealth games or the Royal wedding rather than that boring as bat shit crap that Melbourners refer to as sport.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 am
An article the other day noted tv overall was down about 4%. It hadn't fallen of a cliff like AFL. And RL has all the 'but, but' excuses you have and are still up1%

Have you considered the possibility that people may have chosen to watch the Commonwealth games or the Royal wedding rather than that boring as bat shit crap that Melbourners refer to as sport.
RL remains steady due to fox only, their FTA ratings are down 10%. Ours are down 20% overall, but up on Sunday, but we also had 2 rounds that were badly affected by being shown on 7mate. Currently fox is saving RL. But remember, fox is only available to 1/3rd of the population, so FTA drop is still significant.

Yes of course many people chose to watch the commonwealth games and royal wedding, they are one-off events. A large proportion of both code's audience are fringe viewers. It doesnt take much for them to drift to other programs.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
The excuses are great reading .
Afl is in free fall
& the comm games excuse is getting a massive workout .

If only those poor saps in Vicderpia knew how to use a remote .
I know to be fair remotes have only been around for about 35 years . So we should give the poor idiots down there a chance to learn how to change te channel with one .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 am
Lol
The excuses are great reading .
Afl is in free fall
& the comm games excuse is getting a massive workout .

If only those poor saps in Vicderpia knew how to use a remote .
I know to be fair remotes have only been around for about 35 years . So we should give the poor idiots down there a chance to learn how to change te channel with one .
it's pretty irrelevant what you think, the evidence is clear for every network and for multiple programs, including the NRL with the storm.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:41 am

RL remains steady due to fox only, their FTA ratings are down 10%. Ours are down 20% overall, but up on Sunday, but we also had 2 rounds that were badly affected by being shown on 7mate. Currently fox is saving RL. But remember, fox is only available to 1/3rd of the population, so FTA drop is still significant.

Yes of course many people chose to watch the commonwealth games and royal wedding, they are one-off events. A large proportion of both code's audience are fringe viewers. It doesnt take much for them to drift to other programs.
Channel 9 retained the streaming rights to there matches. Channel 7 didn't. And as AFLcrap pointed out FTA only differs from PTV in that its free. So its stands to reason C9 would have a similar percentage gain if it wasn't for there steaming rights. On the other hand there performing the last rites on the AFL.

It doesn't really matter what you want to call it . The numbers speak for themselves. TV in general is down 4%, the NRL has bucked the trend and are up 1% . While the AFL is in free fall and there performing the last rites over there carcass as we speak.
Last edited by pussycat on Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:43 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:41 am

Channel 9 retained the streaming rights to there matches. Channel 7 didn't. And as AFLcrap pointed out FTA only differs from PTV in that its free. So its stands to reason C9 would have a similar percentage gain if it wasn't for there steaming rights.
given the trend is away from TV in general to formats like netflix, especially for the younger audience, I call BS. Younger fringe viewers are doing other things like gaming and watching movies/shows
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

It doesn't really matter what you want to call it . The numbers speak for themselves. TV in general is down 4%, the NRL has bucked the trend and are up 1% . While the AFL is in free fall and there performing the last rites over there carcass as we speak.

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm

The poor buggar is arguing against cold hard facts!!!!! Wookie has reported that AFL FTA is down OVER 20% & Fox down 13.9% - down about 18% overall. That is truly catastrophic!!!!! Meanwhile the NRL is up just short of 1% overall. Those numbers are stark, absolute oppostites!!!!! One in freefall and the other holding firm at worst.

Poor 'ol llllloller is arguing TV viewing is down overall - yes it is by 4% - but in the context of AFL V NRL it is meaningless. The NRL is holding firm against the trend while the AFL is massively ahead of it - 4% v 18%. You cannot put both codes in the same basket.

And then the poor dill goes on about kids streaming & watching netflix & movies etc. Yep probably the case. But it isn't effecting the NRL's numbers but most certainly seems to be with the AFL. Once again you cannot say all sports are effected because the NRL isn't.

The facts ma'am.....just the facts!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm
the AFL is miles ahead on every other metric, and AFL is still most watched given the amount of sport on the weekend, so I think last rights may be a bit premature :lol: