2018 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:37 pm
Crucified the NRL again last night with ratings over 1.1m. Have the NRL achieved such a figure at all this year
i am not too sure how many NRL games have reached a tally of 1 mill for h&a fixture.. this year..

but i dont keep too much track of the 1 million marks for the 6-10 games that will reach this figure..

i keep track of matches that will hit above 2 million...
which is our Internationals and rep matches.

note our H&A matches will not hit much higher than the 1mill mark
as its not allocated to just the friday match
where we hit higher levels in other days and other matches
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:55 am

note our H&A matches will not hit much higher than the 1mill mark
as its not allocated to just the friday match
where we hit higher levels in other days and other matches
I never asked about Friday night games only, I asked about all games
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

We are leaving the AFL for dead when it comes to highest rating matches and our ratings are leaving the AFL for dead strictly at club level!

But, But, But :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:29 am
We are leaving the AFL for dead when it comes to highest rating matches and our ratings are leaving the AFL for dead strictly at club level!

why do barely any of your home and away games rate over 1mil then? Ours do regularly :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:33 am

why do barely any of your home and away games rate over 1mil then? Ours do regularly :cheers:
because R.L has more than just the H&A season..

where as the AFL only has the H&A season so more concentration is to H&A games.

and i would not say regularly.. besides finals Anzac day games..
AFL this year is avg 1 game a fortnight over the 1mill mark.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:27 am
NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:33 am

because R.L has more than just the H&A season..

where as the AFL only has the H&A season so more concentration is to H&A games.

and i would not say regularly.. besides finals Anzac day games..
AFL this year is avg 1 game a fortnight over the 1mill mark.
we've somehow managed to play 2 of our bottom 4 clubs in 1/3rd of our FN games this year, yet will still manage to get well over a dozen games rate over 1m. Where as the NRL will struggle to get more than a few.

The excuse about different levels of games is BS. You are basically saying your handful of rep games means there's less interest in you 200 odd season games. If that's true that's pretty poor
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

its not BS>> i said before H&A games in NRL will rate anything from 800k to upwards of million.. on FTA

just because the AFL get a dozen games through the whole year that hit 1 million mark..
doesnt mean nothing..

when the NRL can achieve triple that in a rep games throughout the year..
while also dishing up a great H&A product..

NRL is like EPL it is multi teared..

EPL
FA CUP
CARLING CUP
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE>
and INTERNATIONALS

AFL is like NFL>
only has H&A Season.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 pm
its not BS>> i said before H&A games in NRL will rate anything from 800k to upwards of million.. on FTA

just because the AFL get a dozen games through the whole year that hit 1 million mark..
doesnt mean nothing..

EPL
FA CUP
CARLING CUP
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE>
and INTERNATIONALS

AFL is like NFL>
only has H&A Season.
Your internationals dont rate anything spectacular given they represent your entire sport in this country. SOO rates, but that is a format that works for the NRL because it's locked in 2 main Australian states. It doesnt reflect a greater interest in RL overall, it reflects the success of that format in it's current configuration. Both comps beig games rate similar, our GF and your GF and rep games, you just have more of them because of your rep games. Our H+A games rate higher though.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:17 pm

doesnt mean nothing..

EPL
FA CUP
CARLING CUP
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE>
and INTERNATIONALS

AFL is like NFL>
only has H&A Season.
Your internationals dont rate anything spectacular given they represent your entire sport in this country. SOO rates, but that is a format that works for the NRL because it's locked in 2 main Australian states. It doesnt reflect a greater interest in RL overall, it reflects the success of that format in it's current configuration. Both comps beig games rate similar, our GF and your GF and rep games, you just have more of them because of your rep games. Our H+A games rate higher though.

According to Oztam figures our H&A competition is out rating yours. But just say they do rate equal, Were at 90% capacity your at 100%.

And its all your games, not just your best one that count. If it were, we have got 4 of the best 5 every year so enjoy that silver medal, embrace it. Many people would kill for a silver medal.
(Most year we have just 5 rep games. 3 Orin and 2 test( 5) meaning we still play less games than you.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:17 pm

doesnt mean nothing..

EPL
FA CUP
CARLING CUP
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE>
and INTERNATIONALS

AFL is like NFL>
only has H&A Season.
That is because our Internationals are usually played in the off season and in other countries..
AUSTRALIAN KANGAROOS rate betwen 1.2mill and 1.5mill for games.

your H&A games generally rate higher on Friday and that is it..
as the AFL and the networks have put this as the Big Game of the week..
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:28 pm

According to Oztam figures our H&A competition is out rating yours. But just say they do rate equal, Were at 90% capacity your at 100%.
I have explained AT LENGTH why comparing competitions using cumulative ratings is meaningless, but you keep ignoring it. Yet you havent got a single answer to why your competition struggles to rate over 1m for regular season games despite being able to target your entire metro market in a single game, having your entire metro market in the same time zone, and having a shorter telecast. Massive advantages yet still cannot match the AFL match for match. :lol:
And its all your games, not just your best one that count.
That's the point, cumulative ratings dont count all our games because most are shown concurrently, which is like showing 2 games and counting 1.
If it were, we have got 4 of the best 5 every year so enjoy that silver medal, embrace it. Many people would kill for a silver medal.
(Most year we have just 5 rep games. 3 Orin and 2 test( 5) meaning we still play less games than you.
All our finals outrated yours last year. Most of our games shown in isolation outrated yours too. When you need origin to even compete you've already lost.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:28 pm

That is because our Internationals are usually played in the off season and in other countries..
AUSTRALIAN KANGAROOS rate betwen 1.2mill and 1.5mill for games.

your H&A games generally rate higher on Friday and that is it..
as the AFL and the networks have put this as the Big Game of the week..
here's when our games rate their highest, when they are shown in isolation and not on a day when between 9 and 15 additional hours of AFL are shown on the same afternoon/evening. This is why our public holiday and TH/FR games rate well.

Our Saturday and Sunday games rate far less because they compete with other AFL games and they are only a portion of the day's telecast. There is no way a large neutral audience, which makes up most of the audience for each game, are going to watch all 18 hours of AFL on Saturday, so of course each game will rate less.

and to say our Friday games are our best games is just incorrect. Carlton and St Kilda have featured in 1/3rd of these games this year despite being 2 of our worst sides. Last Friday Ess played the Swans on Friday, a meh matchup. Then the match of the round was Richmond v Collingwood at 1.30pm on Saturday, telecast on fox only. Ratings were excellent for an early afternoon game, easily beating the NRLs afternoon match despite another AFL match being shown at the same time, and 4 other AFL featuring on the same day.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Bloody hell. What an arduous read this thread is.....

Far too complex for me to chime in with anything constructive.
So,
Can anyone tell me, in simple terms please, how do all these ratings benifit their respective leagues?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

What's going on here
LOL: no they dont. Round 20 last year is nothing like round 20 this year. Teams are performing differently, the matchups are different, the teams on FTA are different. Maybe over a season its relevant, but round v round is pointless
You said this only a few days ago, so what's changed

I have answered your meaningless question many times. And you have replied to it at least once [-( Pre Origin we had 7 matches over 1m a quiet a few in the high nine hundreds. The media focus was off the club scene after Rd.10 , our best 40 players were out or having to back up . So no 1m on the club scene during this period. but three 3m games. And with the focus back on the club scene I'm sure were get some more Million+ matches.

Your assuming that Canberra, Newcastle, Townsville, Storm, New Zealand, Wollongong Support Brisbane or Sydney clubs. Your week attempt at an argument demonstrates just how desperate you are.

shorter game? but but but Wasn't it a longer game you were crowing about last week - you know x1,.5

And your Saturday and Sunday games don't compete with one another that is complete BS - just another nonsensical excuse. They actually highlight one another and allow you to get more ratings.

basically, Just seek help

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:45 pm
What's going on here
LOL: no they dont. Round 20 last year is nothing like round 20 this year. Teams are performing differently, the matchups are different, the teams on FTA are different. Maybe over a season its relevant, but round v round is pointless
You said this only a few days ago, so what's changed
I was talking about comparing the AFL's year compared to alst year. Over 1 season they are comparable because the conditions are roughly the same. This is totally different to comparing the AFL and NRL seasons because the conditions are totally different :roll:
I have answered your meaningless question many times. And you have replied to it at least once [-( Pre Origin we had 7 matches over 1m a quiet a few in the high nine hundreds. The media focus was off the club scene after Rd.10 , our best 40 players were out or having to back up . So no 1m on the club scene during this period. but three 3m games. And with the focus back on the club scene I'm sure were get some more Million+ matches.
got a source? I cant remember any of your games over 1m except maybe the opening game. And why havent there been any since SOO?
Your assuming that Canberra, Newcastle, Townsville, Storm, New Zealand, Wollongong Support Brisbane or Sydney clubs. Your week attempt at an argument demonstrates just how desperate you are.
No. I said your metro market, which is about the same size as our metro market
shorter game? but but but Wasn't it a longer game you were crowing about last week - you know x1,.5
yes, a shorter telecast results in a better average
And your Saturday and Sunday games don't compete with one another that is complete BS - just another nonsensical excuse. They actually highlight one another and allow you to get more ratings.
no, of course they dont, like the 1.30pm game, then the 2.30pm game, then the 4.30pm game, the 2 games at 7.30pm..... :roll: