2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 pm

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
NlolRL wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm
both games are 80mins long>
1 has 2 halves
1 has 4 quarters

if you want to have a word to AFL management about less breaks and shortening of game from 3 to 2
by all means email info@afl.com.au
dear oh dear ](*,)

AFL games add time off which means the quarters go for 30 minutes. The NRL doesnt
30mins, as there is so many stoppages,
goal breaks, ball going out, lining up at goal, etc.

see 30mins x 4 = 2hrs. are you saying there is 1hour breaks in the game>

the whole thing in the AFL atm is congestion>>

wouldn't reducing breaks put more fatigue in the game> and open it up
3 hrs is the telecast length, which is what the ratings results are measuring. The nrl telecast is 2hrs, but the game is only 80 mins



NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 pm

pussycat wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:17 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
NlolRL wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm

dear oh dear ](*,)

AFL games add time off which means the quarters go for 30 minutes. The NRL doesnt
30mins, as there is so many stoppages,
goal breaks, ball going out, lining up at goal, etc.

see 30mins x 4 = 2hrs. are you saying there is 1hour breaks in the game>

the whole thing in the AFL atm is congestion>>

wouldn't reducing breaks put more fatigue in the game> and open it up
So 10min a quarter of stoppages would means another 40m of resty time. Wow over 70min of resty time and 80min of actual game time. Is it any wonder why these super athletes require 100 interchanges :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Except that stoppage time doesnt mean players stand still. Its like in basketball when the ball goes out of play or after a goal is scored. Players are moving in preparation for the play to start again. It's not a stop in play, it's a stop in game time



User avatar
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by pussycat » Thu May 17, 2018 12:30 pm

So, let me get this clear . The actual game period of an AFL match is the same as a NRL game . But there superbly tuned 'Athletes' require 100's of minutes more of resty time. :(/ :(/ :(/


Rugby League:

Australia's Most Popular Sport

AFL:

The world's least Popular Sport

:cheers:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 12:56 pm

pussycat wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:30 pm
So, let me get this clear . The actual game period of an AFL match is the same as a NRL game . But there superbly tuned 'Athletes' require 100's of minutes more of resty time. :(/ :(/ :(/
you got that as clear as mud :lol:



User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3070
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
NlolRL wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm

dear oh dear ](*,)

AFL games add time off which means the quarters go for 30 minutes. The NRL doesnt
30mins, as there is so many stoppages,
goal breaks, ball going out, lining up at goal, etc.

see 30mins x 4 = 2hrs. are you saying there is 1hour breaks in the game>

the whole thing in the AFL atm is congestion>>

wouldn't reducing breaks put more fatigue in the game> and open it up
3 hrs is the telecast length, which is what the ratings results are measuring. The nrl telecast is 2hrs, but the game is only 80 mins
don't they usually measure the pre game etc

for example Friday night>>
SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – PRE MATCH Seven Network 374,000 29,000 239,000 12,000 63,000 31,000

than the actual game.

SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Seven Network 575,000 61,000 325,000 20,000 87,000 82,000



NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm
NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am


30mins, as there is so many stoppages,
goal breaks, ball going out, lining up at goal, etc.

see 30mins x 4 = 2hrs. are you saying there is 1hour breaks in the game>

the whole thing in the AFL atm is congestion>>

wouldn't reducing breaks put more fatigue in the game> and open it up
3 hrs is the telecast length, which is what the ratings results are measuring. The nrl telecast is 2hrs, but the game is only 80 mins
don't they usually measure the pre game etc

for example Friday night>>
SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – PRE MATCH Seven Network 374,000 29,000 239,000 12,000 63,000 31,000

than the actual game.

SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Seven Network 575,000 61,000 325,000 20,000 87,000 82,000
pre game is only separated for FTA, not fox. Also, both codes have a pregame section, so the same principle applies to length of game. The AFL's telecast actually goes from 7.30 to 11pm, so 3 and a half hours



User avatar
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by pussycat » Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 pm
pussycat wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:17 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am


30mins, as there is so many stoppages,
goal breaks, ball going out, lining up at goal, etc.

see 30mins x 4 = 2hrs. are you saying there is 1hour breaks in the game>

the whole thing in the AFL atm is congestion>>

wouldn't reducing breaks put more fatigue in the game> and open it up
So 10min a quarter of stoppages would means another 40m of resty time. Wow over 70min of resty time and 80min of actual game time. Is it any wonder why these super athletes require 100 interchanges :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Except that stoppage time doesnt mean players stand still. Its like in basketball when the ball goes out of play or after a goal is scored. Players are moving in preparation for the play to start again. It's not a stop in play, it's a stop in game time
It's dead time, llayers are standing around with there hands on there hips or there bitch slapping and clawring at there opposite number.


Rugby League:

Australia's Most Popular Sport

AFL:

The world's least Popular Sport

:cheers:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Completely wrong



User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 14923
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by AFLcrap1 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:15 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 am
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm
Oh I did

& you say we are doing something that we are not
What is wrong with your brain ?
No one on the RL side of the fence accepts for one sec your looney 1.5 theory .
Yet you accuse us of doing that .
read the post again you fool! I never said you are using any 1.5 theory, I said the raw ratings figures give the NRL a natural advantage of 1.5 because of the difference in broadcast time. I even provided a basic example to prove it. I then said you guys expect me to believe this 'natural' advantage is reasonable.

And you have the nerve to question Victorian education after some of the shit you guys post :lol:
:(/ :(/ :(/
I can repost it over & over excatly where you said it .

Read what you wrote you fool


Its ridiculous to suggest 6 hours of NRL should be worth 1.5 times 6 hours of AFL, which is what you guys are doing.


Wookie smacking link
And dont you dare fucking lecture me about abusing people on this forum. You are singlehandedly the worst poster Ive come across on any forum ever.

OH and your bullshit legal threats because I changed your status

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 3:21 pm

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:15 pm
NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 am
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm
Oh I did

& you say we are doing something that we are not
What is wrong with your brain ?
No one on the RL side of the fence accepts for one sec your looney 1.5 theory .
Yet you accuse us of doing that .
read the post again you fool! I never said you are using any 1.5 theory, I said the raw ratings figures give the NRL a natural advantage of 1.5 because of the difference in broadcast time. I even provided a basic example to prove it. I then said you guys expect me to believe this 'natural' advantage is reasonable.

And you have the nerve to question Victorian education after some of the shit you guys post :lol:
:(/ :(/ :(/
I can repost it over & over excatly where you said it .

Read what you wrote you fool


Its ridiculous to suggest 6 hours of NRL should be worth 1.5 times 6 hours of AFL, which is what you guys are doing.
I was not suggesting you are using any mathematics, theory or equations to reach that conclusion. I was saying the raw figures show a 1.5 times advantage to the NRL and you guys were expecting me to swallow this as reasonable.

*sigh* Why bother! You guys are dumb as dog shit and still wont get it ](*,)



User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 14923
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by AFLcrap1 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Apparently yOURE the only one who gets it
No one else on here is backing up this bizarro theory
No ratings organisation uses this crap 1.5 theory .
Lol not even the zealots at BF use it .

& no media are using it .
Just you .

Oh dear ..if you can't see how you are wrong there's no use trying to talk sense to you .


Wookie smacking link
And dont you dare fucking lecture me about abusing people on this forum. You are singlehandedly the worst poster Ive come across on any forum ever.

OH and your bullshit legal threats because I changed your status

User avatar
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by pussycat » Thu May 17, 2018 4:34 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
NlolRL wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm

dear oh dear ](*,)

AFL games add time off which means the quarters go for 30 minutes. The NRL doesnt
30mins, as there is so many stoppages,
goal breaks, ball going out, lining up at goal, etc.

see 30mins x 4 = 2hrs. are you saying there is 1hour breaks in the game>

the whole thing in the AFL atm is congestion>>

wouldn't reducing breaks put more fatigue in the game> and open it up
3 hrs is the telecast length, which is what the ratings results are measuring. The nrl telecast is 2hrs, but the game is only 80 mins
Haven't you ever heard the story about Pinocchio?


Rugby League:

Australia's Most Popular Sport

AFL:

The world's least Popular Sport

:cheers:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm
Apparently yOURE the only one who gets it
No one else on here is backing up this bizarro theory
No ratings organisation uses this crap 1.5 theory .
Lol not even the zealots at BF use it .

& no media are using it .
Just you .

Oh dear ..if you can't see how you are wrong there's no use trying to talk sense to you .
its not a theory, its basic logic. I've mentioned on here previously and Wookie commented that it's a factor that you guys never acknowledge



User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 14923
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by AFLcrap1 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:12 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm
Apparently yOURE the only one who gets it
No one else on here is backing up this bizarro theory
No ratings organisation uses this crap 1.5 theory .
Lol not even the zealots at BF use it .

& no media are using it .
Just you .

Oh dear ..if you can't see how you are wrong there's no use trying to talk sense to you .
its not a theory, its basic logic. I've mentioned on here previously and Wookie commented that it's a factor that you guys never acknowledge
:[] :[] :[] :[]
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Simple question why is your " LOGIC"not used by any of the above mentioned .


Wookie smacking link
And dont you dare fucking lecture me about abusing people on this forum. You are singlehandedly the worst poster Ive come across on any forum ever.

OH and your bullshit legal threats because I changed your status

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 17, 2018 6:19 pm

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:12 pm
NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm
Apparently yOURE the only one who gets it
No one else on here is backing up this bizarro theory
No ratings organisation uses this crap 1.5 theory .
Lol not even the zealots at BF use it .

& no media are using it .
Just you .

Oh dear ..if you can't see how you are wrong there's no use trying to talk sense to you .
its not a theory, its basic logic. I've mentioned on here previously and Wookie commented that it's a factor that you guys never acknowledge
:[] :[] :[] :[]
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Simple question why is your " LOGIC"not used by any of the above mentioned .
you honestly dont think the networks consider the length of a program when reviewing ratings? :(/



Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Recent Members

All Time
Username
Join Date

Recent Member

Please welcome our newest member:

Juhls
  • Joined: 13 Aug 2018
  • Last Visited: 13 Aug 2018
  • Total posts: 0