Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

agreed...

he would be very quiet if he had to provide facts to back up a statement made..
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Well gee whiz, facts hidden from the voting, taxpayers until now. Who’d have thought eh?

This report confirms what many people have long suspected was indeed the case. Talk of major safety issues (death trap mentioned by the likes of Alan Jones and co) requiring nothing less than a complete demolition and rebuild was just rubbish. Minor compliance issues could have easily been addressed we now find out.

The NSW LNP Government deserves to go down on this issue alone come Saturday.

Stadium could have been refurbished for $18 million, secret report shows
Alexandra Smith

Allianz Stadium could have been upgraded to meet all safety standards for as little as $18 million, a secret report for the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust reveals.

The revelation will reignite the key election issue of stadiums for Labor leader Michael Daley as the campaign enters it final two days.

The report, prepared for the trust in May 2016, is in stark contrast to the Berejiklian government's claims that it would cost $714 million to ensure the venue met safety standards.

Rather than upgrading, the government decided to rebuild the Moore Park stadium for $729 million.

Demolition of the stadium, including ripping off the roof, is already under way, despite several attempts at legal action to stop it until after Saturday's election.

The report, by Asset Technologies Pacific and marked confidential, says Allianz Stadium could be upgraded to address "current non-compliance" for $18,153,800.

It goes on to say that Allianz would incur "minor non-compliance" issues with "each succeeding iteration of the standards, legislation and codes". But these could be easily fixed.

"These minor issues can be addressed through partial voluntary upgrades over the forthcoming 10-year period until such a time as the next major refurbishment is undertaken," the report says.

The report also says that a "critical remediation" of Allianz would cost $130 million but this would include "end of life issues" ranging from refurbishing "bathroom and public amenities" to repairing the trust's pool deck and change room and scoreboards.

The $18 million figure includes "safety and compliance" requirements ($15.5 million) and security requirements ($3.8 million), the document shows.

Mr Daley said the report "exposes once and for all their entire case for the stadium splurge to be nothing more than a sham"

“Instead they wanted a gold plated stadium. What a disgrace," he said.

Sports Minister Stuart Ayres, whose portfolio oversees the stadium and the trust, said Infrastructure NSW found that a complete rebuild of Allianz was better value for taxpayers than a refurbishment.

"This report was produced in accordance with the Legislative Council call for papers in 2018. It was then considered as part of the Upper House Public Works Committee into stadia. That committee concluded that there were significant safety and security breaches at the facility," he said.

"They recommended the full redevelopment of Sydney Football Stadium. [Labor MP] Lynda Voltz was a member of that committee.

NSW Labor leader Michael Daley has campaigned hard on not overspending on upgrading stadiums.

"After an exhaustive and detailed process Infrastructure NSW (INSW) valued a refurbishment of the SFS at $714.5 million and a rebuild at $729 million. INSW also identified the option to rebuild provided better value to the taxpayer than a refurbishment."

Mr Daley stepped up his attack on the government's decision to rebuild Allianz, when he told Alan Jones earlier this month that he would sack the broadcaster and the majority of the trust board if elected.

https://www.smh.com.au/nsw-election-201 ... 515xo.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol,
Bea having a bat over some bullshit .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MEDIA STATEMENT<br><br>A report in the <a href="https://twitter.com/smh?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@smh</a> today regarding compliance works at <a href="https://twitter.com/AllianzStadium?ref_ ... Stadium</a> is misleading and incorrect. A formal correction will be sought for both print and online articles.<br><br>Full story here: <a href="https://t.co/obDxhClpXj">https://t.co/obDxhClpXj</a> <a href="https://t.co/m6HWMgkovl">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Allianz Stadium (@AllianzStadium) <a href=" 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol @ Bea having an early bat over bullshit .

Statement regarding SMH report
A report in the Sydney Morning Herald today regarding compliance works at Allianz Stadium is misleading and incorrect. A formal correction will be sought for both print and online articles.

The report referred to in the article outlined $130m in capital works required. Of this amount, $105.8m comprised end of life replacement of assets predominately of a safety, security and compliance nature.

Of the remaining assets with some residual useful life, a further $18 million would be required to be spent on safety, security and compliance. To isolate the $18m is misleading. The $18m referenced in the article accounts for replacement of electrical boards, emergency lighting, exit signage and fire detection systems only.

This total cost of $130m is only for basic compliance and does not consider improving the stadium for ingress and egress, disabled access, female spectator and player facilities, roof coverage nor meeting seismic code standards. It would have extended the life of the building for five years.

A full safety, security and compliance upgrade of Allianz Stadium was costed at $341m in the Infrastructure NSW Base Case in March 2018. This detail is publicly available.

The SCG was not contacted for comment prior to the story being published in the SMH.

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Yep. Total BS!!!! Only an idiot would believe the 18M crap...…...oh wait...….sorry beatup lololololololololo……..no offence pal!!!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

The final figure in that article is still far cheaper than. The money being spent on a total rebuild
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
The article was a cheap political stunt by the lefty media .
Bea got all excited .
It was bullshit .

🤣
Xman wrote
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

18 million, these cretins in power all parties would spend that alone on themselves getting a pool upgrade. We need to put all pollies in the centre of Aus (all pollies world wide) and F ucking nuke the joint.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Saturday will be interesting.

Stay tuned as they say.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol no mention of you getting all excited over a bullshit article .
Lol ..just ignore that ..it's the afl fan way

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

So we are to believe one tweet from the same Stadium management who stand to benefit from what the majority of NSW voting taxpayers view as a monumental, unwarranted and unwanted waste of taxpayer’s hard earned dollars.

Let’s just see what happens come Saturday eh.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:07 pm
Lol
Bea got all excited .
It was bullshit .
I agree, the Herald is aligned with Labor and the Greens who are against the new stadium.

The thing I don't understand is the stadium roof is said to be off and hard demolition has been going for a week.
Can they really salvage a stadium that far demolished if Labor wins?

Or do they just leave it half demolished and have all 4 codes playing permanently on the SCG? I am sure the Swans would love that lol.. :lol:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 pm
Lol
Bea got all excited .
It was bullshit .

Or do they just leave it half demolished and have all 4 codes playing permanently on the SCG? I am sure the Swans would love that lol.. :lol:
I’m sure th SCH trust would have the swans as top priority as they are next to the only team in Sydney that can attract a crowd now days!

Can you imagine the SCG members taking their business colleagues to an nrlol game trying to impress them and all you can hear are the players talking on the field and seagulls chirping in the stands!
These users liked the author notaleaguefan for the post:
Cats_Steve (Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:07 am)
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Nrlolol wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 pm
Lol
Bea got all excited .
It was bullshit .

I’m sure th SCH trust would have the swans as top priority as they are next to the only team in Sydney that can attract a crowd now days!

Can you imagine the SCG members taking their business colleagues to an nrlol game trying to impress them and all you can hear are the players talking on the field and seagulls chirping in the stands!
Facts are facts. The SCG will continue to be used by all four codes if the other stadium is not rebuilt.

There is no other option.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:49 pm
Nrlolol wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Facts are facts. The SCG will continue to be used by all four codes if the other stadium is not rebuilt.

There is no other option.
The nrlol clubs shitty little club grounds?
The clubs struggle to get those dumps anywhere near close to full now days! What hope they do if the SCG :(/