NRL TV ratings plummeting

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

NRL TV ratings plummeting

Post by NlolRL »

According to the Wookie's figures:

NRL Metro (5 city) ratings are down 10% to an average of 390,000, mostly due to Sydney ratings being down -25% to an average of 195,000, up north Brisbane ratings are up 2% to 156,000. Regional audiences are down -14% to 254,000 on average. On Foxleague, the average audience is down -1.51% to an average of 233,000

With basically half the season gone these figures must be of huge concern to the NRL. Add to that the crowds are also down on last year 3%. Can anyone explain why the NRL has dropped so far in popularity this year? :hmm:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: NRL TV ratings plummeting

Post by pussycat »

Wait until the end of the season and we will see who's crumbled and who's fumbled!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:05 pm
Wait until the end of the season and we will see who's crumbled and who's fumbled!
that doesnt address why your ratings are nose diving, surprisingly :badgrin:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

where are all the tossball fans? I thought they'd be in here discussing why their only competitive measure against the AFL is in steep decline
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

We have massively increased our numbers in the digital area . to do this we have had to sacrifice some of our tv rating numbers . However , this drop in ratings is not a true reflection as we are saving our best for last. Unlike yourself , who have gone off to early and at this very minute are considering ways of getting some interest levels back into the backend of your boring as bat shit season!

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:41 pm
We have massively increased our numbers in the digital area . to do this we have had to sacrifice some of our tv rating numbers . However , this drop in ratings is not a true reflection as we are saving our best for last. Unlike yourself , who have gone off to early and at this very minute are considering ways of getting some interest levels back into the backend of your boring as bat shit season!
So you think RL fans are dropping off FTA TV to take up purchased digital media on mobile devices? :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

So your first half of the season is not a true reflection of your season, the second half is? You honestly believe that shit?? :lol: :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I did read in an article earlier this year that more NRL streaming had been sold in the 1st two weeks of the current season than in the entire 2016 season. The Eels announcing record membership numbers certainly doesn't support the theory that Sydney viewers have lost any interest in the League.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:21 am
I did read in an article earlier this year that more NRL streaming had been sold in the 1st two weeks of the current season than in the entire 2016 season. The Eels announcing record membership numbers certainly doesn't support the theory that Sydney viewers have lost any interest in the League.
think about it. I can understand why people would take up digital media on mobile devices rather than pay more for foxtel, but why would anyone rather watch sport on their mobile than FTA on their large screen TV. That's absurd
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You don't need to be at home for starters and as I said , record membership for Parramatta Doesn't really support your latest but but theory.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:02 am
You don't need to be at home for starters and as I said , record membership for Parramatta Doesn't really support your latest but but theory.
you havent provided anything to refute the evidence NRL ratings are plummeting. An increase in digital media uptake means little given your FTA ratings are well down, which is a free medium available to everyone. Add to that the AFL also have increasing digital media uptake, but our TV ratings are increasing.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

It seems to have been ignored that FB is -13% on FTA in Sydney this year. So from a very low base they've gone even lower. That must be a massive problem for fumblehouse. They had one team in the GF last year and the other made it to the penultimate game so you would think ratings would be on the up. And the average on pay is 26,000 - marginally more than the test pattern.

As for RL: 4 out of Sydney's 5 best supported clubs are in the bottom 8 and performing like busted's - there's ya ratings drop right there.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Agree. Afl should be increasing their ratings in Sydney not seeing them fall.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:02 pm
Agree. Afl should be increasing their ratings in Sydney not seeing them fall.
Thanks Freddy. This is the first thing we've agreed on for a long time. There is hope for you yet pal - keep morale high!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:43 pm
It seems to have been ignored that FB is -13% on FTA in Sydney this year. So from a very low base they've gone even lower. That must be a massive problem for fumblehouse. They had one team in the GF last year and the other made it to the penultimate game so you would think ratings would be on the up. And the average on pay is 26,000 - marginally more than the test pattern.

As for RL: 4 out of Sydney's 5 best supported clubs are in the bottom 8 and performing like busted's - there's ya ratings drop right there.
The AFL havent had our top 4 teams perform well for over a decade, yet we dont use this as an excuse for poor ratings

Sydney's ratings are down just like the swans performances were down in the first 7 games. They rated 47k on FTA only last Saturday afternoon. The ratings will climb again now the swans have some form back
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:18 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:43 pm

The AFL havent had our top 4 teams perform well for over a decade, yet we dont use this as an excuse for poor ratings

Sydney's ratings are down just like the swans performances were down in the first 7 games. They rated 47k on FTA only last Saturday afternoon. The ratings will climb again now the swans have some form back
'The AFL havent had our top 4 teams perform well for over a decade, yet we dont use this as an excuse for poor ratings'

Ok. That must be why RL wins the ratings war year on year and will do so again this year. Better get Gilligan to give the poor buggers some of the west Sydney fumblers stockpiled kids......that'll fix that up.

'Sydney's ratings are down just like the swans performances were down in the first 7 games. They rated 47k on FTA only last Saturday afternoon. The ratings will climb again now the swans have some form back'

47,000.....wow!!!! Does that beat Iron Chef these days......lolololololololol.