Most racist sport in Aust

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the most Racist sport in Aust?

AFL
52%
RL
19%
RU
No votes
Soccer
24%
other
5%

Total votes: 21

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Most racist sport in Aust

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am
no, evidence does that, If Rendell was telling the truth we would see poor indigenous recruiting. Yet we see the complete opposite.

Furthermore, Rendell explained his comments saying his concern was the system made it hard for indigenous players to adjust to AFL life and wanted something done to help them. That was his motivation in telling Mifsud
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
He explained his comments because the afl was doing what they usually do
Protect the IMAGE
Lol you ignored where only 3 indigenous players were drafted ....after the word got out about one whitey parent ball.
Lol
Seems he was right on the money
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Rendell had told AFL community engagement manager Jason Mifsud that the AFL was heading towards a situation in which the Crows wouldn't recruit a player unless he had at least one white parent. The comments came during a conversation the pair had about a concern that the growing attrition rate in the AFL could force Indigenous players out of the game.

"I've never had a policy like that in my life," a fired up Rendell said, referring to the belief that he would not have recruited players with two Aboriginal parents.

"I wouldn't have a policy like that, that's ridiculous. It's silly. Everyone's the same.

"The comment that I made originally was ... stupidly trying to over-emphasise the problem that we've got at the moment and we need to do something about it quick and the AFL need to get involved in it. Not bloody bulls**t around and talk and blame Paul Roos and blame James Hird.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/former- ... 4e46adf214

So Rendell never said there was a rule. He expressed concern the attrition rate of indigenous recruits may lead to reservation of his club to recruit indigenous players. Yet in the 5 years since we have seen excellent recruiting rates.

You're blind if you cant see what's plainly in front of your face
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:48 pm
Ffs
The first article goes back 7 years.
Lol
Yes we have had racist incidents ..never denied it .
But we seem to be getting on top of racism .

You lot have incident after incident ...& it doesn't look like stoping .
Most of the racist incidents in the last few years are associated with your backward hick sport .
Bananas .
Ape jokes

Would you care to show me where indigenous players in the Nrl have put pen to paper to implore that the racism problem is fixed .
:))) :))) :)))

& lol at you trying to ignore the one whitey parent rule .
It existed ..it was admitted

No other sport in this country has had such an unwritten rule .

You win the racism stakes easily
Bolt it in by many lengths .
You can deny it all you want but The facts are there for all to see
you mean the unwritten rule that has resulted in more indigenous recruits in 2016 than in the last 10 years? Even more than the % of indigenous players currently in the NRL?

I just posted an article that showed that is bullshit
You should try posting a source .
It helps .
Lol
Why post a source when you can just bullshit & hope no one asks for proof .

http://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2016 ... ticipation
:[]

If thats an unwritten rule no one seems to know about it

Most of our recent racial incidents have been isolated fans. Of course we'll have more than the NRL, we have far more supporters

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:11 pm
While 12 per cent of NRL players are Indigenous, compared to 4 per cent of the Australian population, the aim is to increase that to 15 per cent, while also boosting the game's Aboriginal work force from 4 per cent to 5 per cent.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... u99g2.html

So the AFL recruited a higher proportion of indigenous players last year than the proportion currently playing in the NRL.

What's this thread about again??
Um we have a higher percentage of indigenous players .
You lose again
You're not very good at this are you ..

We welcome all races .

& not with bananas .

Johnathan Thurston withdraws from Indigenous All Stars game
World Club challenge takes JT's focus away from next month's NRL Indigenous All Stars game.
Despite talk of the annual pre-season Indigenous All Stars match being axed, nearly 40,000 spectators turned up to the event recently.

Proof, say its supporters of the positive impact the game still has on the wider community.

"Just have a look at the All Stars concept that how many of our people turn out to watch us how many of those people are wearing jerseys with the boys names on it and that's obviously a big thanks to like I said the guys that I named before,” says Hodges.

The NRL is showing up rival codes by performing better in this area than others; in 2016 12 per cent of NRL players, and 4 per cent of staff identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.

This surpasses the AFL which has 9 per cent of its players, and 3 per cent of its staff identified as indigenous.

The NRL is also aiming for 5 per cent of staff to be Indigenous by 2017, and 15 per cent of players.

Meanwhile former Fitzroy and Brisbane great and AFL Victoria Football Development Manager, Chris Johnson says there's no reason those number aren't achievable in the AFL too.

our last season's recruiting rates were 15%, way above the NRL's indigenous percentage
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

tell me, why would Rendell tell the AFL's indigenous officer that he wouldnt recruit indigenous players?

Dont you think that's a little silly? Isnt it far more likely that's not what he said at all, and his version of events about trying to get more support for indigenous recruits is more likely?

How about being honest and not a troll
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 am
Rendell had told AFL community engagement manager Jason Mifsud that the AFL was heading towards a situation in which the Crows wouldn't recruit a player unless he had at least one white parent. The comments came during a conversation the pair had about a concern that the growing attrition rate in the AFL could force Indigenous players out of the game.

"I've never had a policy like that in my life," a fired up Rendell said, referring to the belief that he would not have recruited players with two Aboriginal parents.

"I wouldn't have a policy like that, that's ridiculous. It's silly. Everyone's the same.

"The comment that I made originally was ... stupidly trying to over-emphasise the problem that we've got at the moment and we need to do something about it quick and the AFL need to get involved in it. Not bloody bulls**t around and talk and blame Paul Roos and blame James Hird.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/former- ... 4e46adf214

So Rendell never said there was a rule. He expressed concern the attrition rate of indigenous recruits may lead to reservation of his club to recruit indigenous players. Yet in the 5 years since we have seen excellent recruiting rates.

You're blind if you cant see what's plainly in front of your face
:(/ :>:: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Lol this article comes out 3 days after the original where he admitted the rule .
Lol
3 days for damage control to change a bit of the wording
3 days to get the bloke to ummm say what he REALLY meant .

Oh my

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Answer my question. Why would Rendell tell the AFL's indigenous officer that he wouldnt recruit indigenous players?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol you speak if being honest
Fucking lol

I caught you out in this thread ...
There's a higher percentage of indigenous players in the NRL ...
I caught you out in another ......I'm waiting for you to tell me where Melb is .

Serious question ...that I just can't get an answer for .asked it many many times
If the afl is so superior so much better ..blah blah
Why do the fans have to lie about it & its main rival so much .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 am
Lol you speak if being honest
Fucking lol

I caught you out in this thread ...
There's a higher percentage of indigenous players in the NRL ...
I caught you out in another ......I'm waiting for you to tell me where Melb is .

Serious question ...that I just can't get an answer for .asked it many many times
If the afl is so superior so much better ..blah blah
Why do the fans have to lie about it & its main rival so much .
i never said we had a higher percentage of players, I said recruits last year dickhead.

What has Melbourne got to do with it??
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 am
Answer my question. Why would Rendell tell the AFL's indigenous officer that he wouldnt recruit indigenous players?
I know it might shock you that somewhere in the aflol system there's a man willing to be truthful .
Maybe just maybe he was an honest bloke .
Can't have that...if it damages the brand ...
Look where it got him .

& there's a lesson in that for those who rock the afl image boat .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:17 am
NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 am
I know it might shock you that somewhere in the aflol system there's a man willing to be truthful .
Maybe just maybe he was an honest bloke .
Can't have that...if it damages the brand ...
Look where it got him .

& there's a lesson in that for those who rock the afl image boat .
what would his motivation be? To be honest? Come off it. He expressed his concerns about support for indigenous players and Mifsud misquoted him
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:08 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:11 pm
While 12 per cent of NRL players are Indigenous, compared to 4 per cent of the Australian population, the aim is to increase that to 15 per cent, while also boosting the game's Aboriginal work force from 4 per cent to 5 per cent.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... u99g2.html

So the AFL recruited a higher proportion of indigenous players last year than the proportion currently playing in the NRL.

What's this thread about again??
Um we have a higher percentage of indigenous players .
You lose again
You're not very good at this are you ..

We welcome all races .

& not with bananas .

Johnathan Thurston withdraws from Indigenous All Stars game
World Club challenge takes JT's focus away from next month's NRL Indigenous All Stars game.
Despite talk of the annual pre-season Indigenous All Stars match being axed, nearly 40,000 spectators turned up to the event recently.

Proof, say its supporters of the positive impact the game still has on the wider community.

"Just have a look at the All Stars concept that how many of our people turn out to watch us how many of those people are wearing jerseys with the boys names on it and that's obviously a big thanks to like I said the guys that I named before,” says Hodges.

The NRL is showing up rival codes by performing better in this area than others; in 2016 12 per cent of NRL players, and 4 per cent of staff identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.

This surpasses the AFL which has 9 per cent of its players, and 3 per cent of its staff identified as indigenous.

The NRL is also aiming for 5 per cent of staff to be Indigenous by 2017, and 15 per cent of players.

Meanwhile former Fitzroy and Brisbane great and AFL Victoria Football Development Manager, Chris Johnson says there's no reason those number aren't achievable in the AFL too.

our last season's recruiting rates were 15%, way above the NRL's indigenous percentage
Lol
What is the overall percentage
You are trying to compare one year with something completely different . Keep grasping at those straws .

I might compare how many players in the indigenous all stars team. We're indigenous compared with the percentage of indigenous players in the afl ..

& Melb has to do with your lie that the NRL has not expanded outside two states .
I'm sure your avoiding that one now

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh my
It's all misunderstanding & misquoting .
Of course . Nod your head like a good little brainwashed fumbler .
It's all sunshine & roses .
What racism .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

and the reason I raised last year's recruiting rates is it's further proof there is no racial discrimination against the recruitment of indigenous players. The rate was higher than the code you claim is indigenous friendly.

And locating a team in Melbourne is not genuine expansion when there remains poor participation at grass roots level and the number of Victorians playing in the NRL is virtually non existent. You could locate a team in the south pole but that would equal expansion
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:23 am
Oh my
It's all misunderstanding & misquoting .
Of course . Nod your head like a good little brainwashed fumbler .
It's all sunshine & roses .
What racism .
well I know you're pretty stupid but I'll try and dumb it down for you.

Mifsud made claims about what Rendell said, and Rendell did the same, so it's one word against another. So who do we believe?

For Midfsud to be correct the number of indigenous recruits would be on a steady decline and there is no way Rendell would have informed the AFL indigenous officer of his racist policy for fear of losing his job.

For Rendell to be correct the indigenous recruiting rates would have remained the same in recent years, and he would have approached Mifsud with concerns, not baring his racist soul.

It's pretty obvious who's words to believe