Most racist sport in Aust

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the most Racist sport in Aust?

AFL
52%
RL
19%
RU
No votes
Soccer
24%
other
5%

Total votes: 21

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Most racist sport in Aust

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol once again the fans show what they think of non whites.

West Coast Eagles star Liam Ryan targeted with another racist attack
The ugly trend of AFL players being targeted by racist trolls struck again as West Coast and the league united to shame the abhorrent abuse.

news.com.auNOVEMBER 16, 20199:06AM
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Never said it didn't .
Yet afl has far more racist incidents .
Why is that .
Lol
Welcome to whitey ball .
If you are indigenous
Please present evidence of one white parent so we can recruit you

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bump
You want to see aflol fans stick their heads in the sand & talk down the continuing racism in their sport then have a read of this thread .

🤣
Xman wrote
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

I don't think this is a fair poll, because it should include the correct option. All sports have the issue of racism present. No sport is more racist than another.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

TLPG wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:46 am
I don't think this is a fair poll, because it should include the correct option. All sports have the issue of racism present. No sport is more racist than another.
Bhaaaas the fumblers trying to lump everyone other sport in with theirs
All sports have racism
Yours mr Liar has far far far more racism problems than any others in this country .
It’s a fact
You don’t deal with reality or facts you never have
But that’s ok the rest of the us can see it

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

It's not just Australia, i would say the AFL are the most racist sporting organisation in the known world as well as the unknown world. In all likelihood there probably the reason why aliens are yet to make contact with us.

If you were flying around out there in space, monitoring the Hawthorn football club, would you in all honesty attempt to make contact?

I know most of Melbourians are Greenies, but how do you think they would react to little green men?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Here's an excerpt from an article about this year's GF by a university professor of sport management. He strangely talks up the game but then drops some ugly truth bombs:

"But it was a colonial project. Indigenous people were often not welcomed to the sport in its development phase, and at the game’s elite level were all but absent until the last quarter of the 20th century."

Interesting......it was a 'colonial project'.....and 'Indigenous......were often not welcome.....were all but absent..."

Nothing has changed. It's still a colonial game that treats it's indigenous players like cattle. Despicable game! Despicable people!

https://theconversation.com/grand-desig ... nce-190935
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:40 pm
It's not just Australia, i would say the AFL are the most racist sporting organisation in the known world as well as the unknown world. In all likelihood there probably the reason why aliens are yet to make contact with us.

If you were flying around out there in space, monitoring the Hawthorn football club, would you in all honesty attempt to make contact?

I know most of Melbourians are Greenies, but how do you think they would react to little green men?
I would say you are wrong. Racism is just as prevalent in other sports and in society in general.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

TLPG wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:15 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:40 pm

I would say you are wrong. Racism is just as prevalent in other sports and in society in general.
Maybe on planet head up your arse .
But in the real world no sport has the racism problem that fumbleball does .
& the above post is why the problem is not addressed or ignored
The stupid fans defend defend defend. Try to downplay or say it’s just as bad in all sports
Well how come these other sports don’t have anywhere near the same amount of problems or anywhere near as serious as these allegations .

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Now that Bunnings flag day is over & the spotlight will get shone on Racistball about these allegations I suspect the AFL will go full boar on sweeping under the carpet/ glossing over/burying /this story .
The usual Southern Mafia tricks to make problems go away
Not the massive racism problem but the we can’t let these stories damage the brand problem .

Hopefully the Indigenous folk stay strong & can’t be bought or bullied or silenced .

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Just to highlight the lengths this corrupt mob will go to to protect the image .
This story is from a few yrs ago
You could swap the treatment of women content for the treatment of indigenous & it’s the same .

How fumble fans can argue that other sports are as bad is beyond bizarre .

Dustin Martin saga: Richmond, AFL House protect star, sell out victim of violence
December 11, 2015 1:21pm
Rita PanahiHerald Sun

NO matter how strongly the AFL promotes itself as a standard bearer of decency and virtue, when it comes to the crunch the league invariably chooses brand protection over integrity.

The league has again demonstrated just how hopelessly out of step it is with community standards in its handling of the Dustin Martin saga.

The Richmond star’s threats of violence against a terrified woman have been well documented, what has not been reported until now is the lengths the Richmond Football Club and AFL House went to in order to manage the victim known as Tracey.
Dustin Martin trains at Punt Road oval today. Picture: Ellen Smith

On Monday morning after Tracey first reported that she’d been threatened with being stabbed with a chopstick, it seems that Richmond’s primary concern was not the victim but damage control.

According to sources close to the investigation, Richmond was keen to contain the story, fearful that the allegation would leak to the media.

The club ordered Martin to phone the victim personally and apologise, one could hypothesise in the hopes that would shut her up.

According to one source a Richmond officer said to the victim “there must be a better way to deal with it than through the media”.

The club then briefed an accommodating journalist only too happy to reveal not only the name of Tracey’s employer but also her specific role within that organisation.

To identify a victim of violence in such a manner is beyond the pale. It not only needlessly traumatises them but is likely to dissuade other victims from coming forward.

One would have hoped we moved past the ugly old days when victims were intimidated into withdrawing complaints or blamed for the aggressor’s actions with a compliant media happy to spin a story to protect ‘the game’.

Once the case was in the public domain and it was clear that more significant action would be required the victim was visited on her own turf, by a seemingly empathetic integrity officer from the AFL along with a representative from Richmond.

But at that meeting, the victim was given the impression the offence was not viewed as a criminal one.

Then when they presented to the victim her statement from the meeting it is understood she was very unhappy about several “falsifications” that played down the extent of her terror and the seriousness of Martin’s actions.

One AFL officer has since been accused by those close to the victim of essentially monstering her; lambasting her for leaking and talking to the media and repeatedly questioning her evidence saying there were contrary views about how far away Martin stood while he threatened to stab her and what he said.

They insisted that she come to AFL House to give a statement.

At that meeting the AFL representatives were said to be rude.

Tracey was questioned about whether she was sure she wanted to proceed with her claim that Martin threatened to stab her with a chopstick, and warned that if she did they would have to refer it to police and it could potentially end his career.

She was also warned that he could be charged with offences carrying jail time of 10 years. They then reiterated the warnings, giving the victim the impression that they wanted her to water down her complaint.

At no point was the victim encouraged to bring someone with her for support or legal advice.

When the AFL eventually referred the matter to police they did not bother to advise Tracey that they had done so.

On social media an AFL staffer used his private twitter account to release the information instead of the AFL’ s official account which has more than 500,000 followers.

But the most shameful conduct, apart from Martin’s alleged explosion of violence, was to come on Thursday evening when the AFL actively briefed the media against the victim once the case was out of its hands.

One of the investigators who had been the most aggressive towards her told her “we’ve washed our hands of this’’.

How is it that these investigators, who are well credentialed former police officers on significant salaries, could be so ham-fisted in their handling of the case?

An integrity officer is charged with protecting the integrity of the investigation but their chief concern appears to have been to protect the image of the game.

At best the handling of this matter has been incompetent, at worst it has been malicious in intimidating a traumatised victim.

The investigators’ insistence that the offences were minor coupled with pressure exerted on the victim to water down her allegation, with claims that it could land Martin in jail, are utterly unscrupulous.

As soon as the allegations were made why wasn’t it determined that it was a criminal matter that should be immediately referred to police?

Why did the league and the club spend four days needlessly distressing the victim and potentially contaminating the case before they eventually referred it to police?

The police’s performance on this issue, has been almost as woeful.

Why could they not have put in a call to the AFL at the outset, when it was surely clear a potential criminal offence had been committed.

Why did it need the Herald Sun to yesterday point out in its newspaper editorial that police could open an investigation despite not receiving a formal complaint?

It was only after that editorial, and after the Herald Sun online revealed the victim had belatedly been advised that threatening to stab or kill is a criminal offence, that the police got involved.

Also, Richmond being allowed to investigate the matter alongside the AFL, who would later assess if the club acted appropriately, is reminiscent of the ASADA fiasco and shows the AFL has learnt little from that saga.

The AFL may pride itself on being a leading light in changing community attitudes towards women but though it talks a good game about respect and responsibility it fails to live up to even the lowest of expectations.

The culture of cover ups and intimidation has seen the league sell out a victim of violence in a vain attempt to protect the brand.

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:03 am
Now that Bunnings flag day is over & the spotlight will get shone on Racistball about these allegations I suspect the AFL will go full boar on sweeping under the carpet/ glossing over/burying /this story .
The usual Southern Mafia tricks to make problems go away
Not the massive racism problem but the we can’t let these stories damage the brand problem .

Hopefully the Indigenous folk stay strong & can’t be bought or bullied or silenced .
Spot on assessment here =D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Pete__09 »

Every sport in Australia is racist. Its just that AFL is clearly the most popular so it gets the most attention regarding it.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Pete__09 »

At least the AFL admits & try's to get better with racism. Rugby & Rugby League just put their head in the sand over it.