Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:54 am
Terry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:50 am
Or if you compare round v round it is RL 2 v FB 1. Which ever way you want to slice and dice it, it looks like going pretty much along the same lines as last year. And we all know how that finished........lolololololololol.
It finished with the AFL dominating the prime time comparison no matter which way you compared it :drunk:

I wonder who will win the ratings tonight? The NRL cant play the Broncos on Thursday AND Friday every week :(/
The Cowboys do rate very well in QLD
especially in regionals..

be interesting with all these flooding conditions in QLD and northern NSW
how Cowboys do actually rate tonight..
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:48 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:50 am
Or if you compare round v round it is RL 2 v FB 1. Which ever way you want to slice and dice it, it looks like going pretty much along the same lines as last year. And we all know how that finished........lolololololololol.
It finished with the AFL dominating the prime time comparison no matter which way you compared it :drunk:

I wonder who will win the ratings tonight? The NRL cant play the Broncos on Thursday AND Friday every week :(/

The AFL havent shown a TH or FN game with a team from WA or SA yet. That always adds ratings, which is why the NRL show the Broncos almost every weekend on TH or FN
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm

The AFL havent shown a TH or FN game with a team from WA or SA yet. That always adds ratings, which is why the NRL show the Broncos almost every weekend on TH or FN
& yes i am not disagreeing with you..

My Crows Against a Big Melbourne team usually Rate through the Roof on a Friday Night

btw NRL do not choose scheduling the networks do (changes 2018)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:20 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm

& yes i am not disagreeing with you..

My Crows Against a Big Melbourne team usually Rate through the Roof on a Friday Night

btw NRL do not choose scheduling the networks do (changes 2018)
It will be interesting t see how they schedule TH and F and if they favour the Broncos.

The AFL ratings have been meh so far but I think the AFL have scheduled popular but ordinary clubs like Rich, Carl, Coll etc instead of the good teams all neutrals want to watch.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:47 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:40 pm
Fred wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Not sure what the rationale is for comparing the round number as totally different and not up against each other anyway for early rounds .... surely you know this?
Not sure what the rationale is for comparing out of sequence round numbers as totally different and not comparable to each other anyway.........surely you know this?
Networks compare ratings of each night. They dont compare episode 1 of one show vs episode 1 of another when they are shown on different dates.

The idea is to compare which game had a higher audience under the same conditions, not which code has the highest rating Friday night game of round 12 :roll:

Is that too complicated for you?
Really?????? Networks only compare ratings of each night do they???? So when ratings tally's at the end of the year are put out showing the most popular programs of the year we must ignore them because the shows are all on at different dates and times and thus not comparable under your rationale. You might want to speak to the networks about your 'rationale' pal.....lolololololol.

I don't think you understand broadcasting......it's too complicated for you!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:42 pm

Not sure what the rationale is for comparing out of sequence round numbers as totally different and not comparable to each other anyway.........surely you know this?
Networks compare ratings of each night. They dont compare episode 1 of one show vs episode 1 of another when they are shown on different dates.

The idea is to compare which game had a higher audience under the same conditions, not which code has the highest rating Friday night game of round 12 :roll:

Really?????? Networks only compare ratings of each night do they???? So when ratings tally's at the end of the year are put out showing the most popular programs of the year we must ignore them because the shows are all on at different dates and times and thus not comparable under your rationale. You might want to speak to the networks about your 'rationale' pal.....lolololololol.

I don't think you understand broadcasting......it's too complicated for you!!!!
I never said they ONLY compare night to night you clown. :[] But that is far more interesting to them than your round v round claim, comparing one program shown on the 15th of March to another shown on the 15th of April. They want to win the night's ratings.

And the AFL wins most of these comparisons.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

'I never said they ONLY compare night to night', I'll take that as conceding I am correct. Thanks pal!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm
'I never said they ONLY compare night to night', I'll take that as conceding I am correct. Thanks pal!!!!
Well for starters, your claim I think night vs night comparisons is all networks care aabout is wrong.

Secondly, networks indicate worth with $$$$, and we all know who won that little battle :mrgreen:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:08 pm
Well for starters, your claim I think night vs night comparisons is all networks care aabout is wrong.

Secondly, networks indicate worth with $$$$, and we all know who won that little battle :mrgreen:
Haha.....retreating to deflection eh!!!!! Typical fumbler.......lololololololololol. Run Forrest run......lolololololol
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Terry, whilst you usually give good reasoned arguement as and rebutted on this one I think have it very wrong. Comparing a games played a month apart is ridiculous. You can dig in or concede although I suspect the former. It's so illogical it's beyond words.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:31 pm
Terry, whilst you usually give good reasoned arguement as and rebutted on this one I think have it very wrong. Comparing a games played a month apart is ridiculous. You can dig in or concede although I suspect the former. It's so illogical it's beyond words.
Hahahahaha.....Fred pontificating about the illogical. That's like Bozo the clown telling someone they look silly......lololololololololo.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:31 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:08 pm

Haha.....retreating to deflection eh!!!!! Typical fumbler.......lololololololololol. Run Forrest run......lolololololol
You raised how networks would feel about total ratings for the year. What bigger indication than what they pay? Funny how you run whenever its mentioned :rofl:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Fri TV #AFL #AFLDogsSwans 864k, Metro Seven 496k (Mel 391k Ade 105k) 7mate 149k (Syd 41k Bri 30k Per 78k), Regional 219k (Vic 94k Tas 45k)
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Not sure what the rationale is for comparing the round number as totally different and not up against each other anyway for early rounds .... surely you know this?

I think its far more likely that the season opener of 'game of thrones' will rate higher than the 4th episode, just as I think the seasons finale will get much higher ratings than earlier episodes. But hey, this is very complicated stuff.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 am

I think its far more likely that the season opener of 'game of thrones' will rate higher than the 4th episode, just as I think the seasons finale will get much higher ratings than earlier episodes. But hey, this is very complicated stuff.
thats way too over simplified. It's like if Melbournes favourite character was little finger, and Sydney's was John Snow. Ratings would vary depending on who was shown in each episode, and each city knew ahead of time which character featured.

Again, we are comparing the FTA prime time games of EVERY round, not a few rounds or only selected rounds.