Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by SportCapital »

pussycat wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 pm
SportCapital wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 pm

That is because AFL generally has a bigger Metro Audience than NRL>>

so when the NRL beats the AFL G.F are you saying the Sponsors got ripped off ??

CH7 makes a hell of a lot more money for the AFL G.F thank Ch9 makes for the NRL G.F

AFL have considerably more adverts then NRL do.. you have to admit that
Never counted but it only means the media deal gap will widen. I think it was last year's season the AFL extended the time after a goal to broadcast an extra ad to just long enough to grab a beer. Genius! With there being a ratio of ads between each code, the afl value trend line will continue to pull ahead. Advertising doesn't ever get cheaper. How are the NRL going to squeeze more ads in? They need the cash if you are to believe the reports.
Rugby League has 4 matches that rate over 3.5m , AFL has 1. I think they'll manage some how.
"Manage some how". Classic, absolute classic business strategie.
Here's another-
"Blow the compitition apart" to a point that their influence on profit only slides a handful of beans across the bar.
One being satisfactory the other evolutionary.
Guess which one the AFL lean towards?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm

The afl and c7 collects thousands more per advertisement than c9 and the nrlol does for their respective grand finals!

Afl showing the $ more worth as one gf is played in the After noonand the nrlols in prime time :cheers:

CH7 makes a hell of a lot more money for the AFL G.F thank Ch9 makes for the NRL G.F

Never counted but it only means the media deal gap will widen. I think it was last year's season the AFL extended the time after a goal to broadcast an extra ad to just long enough to grab a beer. Genius! With there being a ratio of ads between each code, the afl value trend line will continue to pull ahead. Advertising doesn't ever get cheaper. How are the NRL going to squeeze more ads in? They need the cash if you are to believe the reports.
if you ever do get the chance to watch a FTA Game of NRL>
the only time they go to a break is usually when a TRY is scored..

so sometimes lucky to have 3 / 4 Breaks a Half.

I don't think you can squeeze more adverts out of NRL broadcast in its current form..
unless like FRED said it went to 4 quarters..

3 other options are

1. Dropouts
2. Scrums (out of play)
3. Penalty Goal
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Seven’s #RLWC2017 stats:
6.2m broadcast viewers nationally - 10.9m live streaming mins.
Australia v Samoa #1 non-news Friday peak 1.4m.
Fri-Sun Seven reached 3m RLWC viewers - 2.4m streaming minutes.
Fri (AUSvSAM), Sat (TONvLEB) & Sun (ENGvPNG) won timeslots Sydney and Brisbane.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 am

if you ever do get the chance to watch a FTA Game of NRL>
the only time they go to a break is usually when a TRY is scored..

so sometimes lucky to have 3 / 4 Breaks a Half.

I don't think you can squeeze more adverts out of NRL broadcast in its current form..
unless like FRED said it went to 4 quarters..

3 other options are

1. Dropouts
2. Scrums (out of play)
3. Penalty Goal
Hey, I watched every Melbourne Storm game this year. Scintillating viewing. Undisputed greatest and most dominant rugby team in the history of the NRL. Might go to a game or two this year.
The NRL have to evolve or die.
More scoring would be a good start.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Wow, nice one. Sydney and GWS proving to be very popular teams to watch across the nation too. :thumbleft:

GF, Friday night footy dominates TV ratings
Matt Thompson
December 3, 2017 8:58 AM

THE AFL's place as Australia's most valuable television product has been solidified with another year of stellar ratings.

Richmond's win over Adelaide scored 3.562 million viewers according to official television figures.

In the five major metro markets, the game eclipsed other major sporting events including the Australian Open tennis men's singles final and the rugby league State of Origin – with 2.723 million viewers making it the most watched sporting event of the year across the mainland capitals.

The Tigers' premiership also out-rated other major TV events including auction night on renovation show The Block, the climax of Australian Ninja Warrior and the announcement of cooking contest champions on My Kitchen Rules.

Overall, the finals series was a major drawcard, with seven of the nine matches making up the most watched games of the season.

Meanwhile, Sydney has emerged as one of the AFL's most watched teams.

The Swans featured in five of the top 10 highest rating home and away matches, proving the biggest city in the nation has a healthy appetite for footy, and fans elsewhere clearly like to watch spearhead Lance Franklin and his teammates in action.

The traditional Anzac Day clash between Essendon and Collingwood was the highest rating home and away game with 1.587 million viewers.

If ever there was any doubt about the code's marquee timeslot, there isn't now. Friday night football dominates the top 10 list, with nine entries apart from Anzac Day.

And no more is at least one Victorian opponent critical to securing massive TV ratings, with the blockbuster Adelaide-Sydney encounter in round 22 coming in as the second-most watched home and away game. The match had 343,000 viewers on free-to-air in Melbourne alone.

2017's most watched home and away games

1 – Round five – Essendon vs Collingwood – 1.587 million
With the Bombers back to full strength, their traditional Anzac Day clash with the Magpies was guaranteed to get a big audience. Essendon won by 18 points as Joe Daniher booted three goals and claimed the Anzac Medal.

2 – Round 22 – Adelaide v Sydney – 1.393 million
As the Swans continued their remarkable resurgence, they clinched a three-point win over the Crows on the road at Adelaide Oval. The win propelled the Swans into the top four after their shocking start to the year, and had some tipping this as a possible preview to the Grand Final.

3 – Round 11 – Geelong v Adelaide – 1.251 million
The Patrick Dangerfield factor always contributes to modern meetings between these two teams. He racked up 31 touches and kicked three goals as the Cats beat the Crows by 22 points in Geelong.

4 – Round six – Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs – 1.246 million
Preliminary final revenge was on the minds of the Giants as they faced the Bulldogs in the nation's capital. As the temperature plummeted to five degrees, hundreds of thousands of fans watched from the comfort of their lounge rooms as GWS came from behind to score a two-point victory.

5 – Round 19 – Hawthorn v Sydney – 1.240 million
Fierce, spiteful, thrilling – just some of the adjectives used to describe this match between these modern rivals. A six-point victory kept the Hawks' finals hopes alive for another week and put a halt on the Swans' quest for a top-four finish.

6 – Round nine – Geelong v Western Bulldogs – 1.239 million
Both teams went into this encounter at a critical juncture. For the winner, the path to September was clear and for the loser things would veer off course. Thus, the storyline was gripping, and lured in the viewers as the Cats withstood a second-half fightback to beat the Dogs by 23 points.

7 – Round three – Sydney v Collingwood – 1.239 million
Both teams were winless going into this one, and with speculation about Nathan Buckley's future already gaining momentum, there was a huge build-up to the SCG encounter. An amazing finish saw a clutch goal from new Pie Will Hoskin-Elliott and then second-gamer Swan Nic Newman put the home side within a point, leading to a breathtaking final two minutes and 49 seconds, where the Pies would hold on.

8 – Round 10 – Sydney v Hawthorn – 1.197 million
Featuring in the top 10 for the second time, this was actually the first of two meetings between the Hawks and Swans this season, and the margin was the same. The Hawks won by six points thanks to late goals from Shaun Burgoyne and captain Jarryd Roughead.

9 – Round 14 – Sydney v Essendon – 1.194 million
Propelling the Swans into the top eight for the first time in 2017, they scored the last 20 points of the game in the space of eight minutes to win by just a point. Essendon fans were on the edge of their seats as the game slipped from their hands when Gary Rohan kicked the winning goal after the siren.

10 – Round 23 – Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs – 1.187 million
It was a night when the result really didn't matter, as the Hawks said farewell to Luke Hodge and the Bulldogs honoured Robert Murphy and Matthew Boyd (little did Hawks fans know Hodge still had two seasons left in him at the Lions). But this was a guaranteed ratings bonanza as the Hawks prevailed by nine points.

* Figures are combined average audiences for Channel Seven and Fox Footy. Streaming figures via Telstra's AFL Live App are not included in this analysis.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-03/gf- ... tv-ratings
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:30 am
Wow, nice one. Sydney and GWS proving to be very popular teams to watch across the nation too. :thumbleft:

GF, Friday night footy dominates TV ratings
Matt Thompson
December 3, 2017 8:58 AM

THE AFL's place as Australia's most valuable television product has been solidified with another year of stellar ratings.

Richmond's win over Adelaide scored 3.562 million viewers according to official television figures.

In the five major metro markets, the game eclipsed other major sporting events including the Australian Open tennis men's singles final and the rugby league State of Origin – with 2.723 million viewers making it the most watched sporting event of the year across the mainland capitals.

The Tigers' premiership also out-rated other major TV events including auction night on renovation show The Block, the climax of Australian Ninja Warrior and the announcement of cooking contest champions on My Kitchen Rules.

Overall, the finals series was a major drawcard, with seven of the nine matches making up the most watched games of the season.

Meanwhile, Sydney has emerged as one of the AFL's most watched teams.

The Swans featured in five of the top 10 highest rating home and away matches, proving the biggest city in the nation has a healthy appetite for footy, and fans elsewhere clearly like to watch spearhead Lance Franklin and his teammates in action.

The traditional Anzac Day clash between Essendon and Collingwood was the highest rating home and away game with 1.587 million viewers.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-03/gf- ... tv-ratings
The fact that you highlighted the bullshit above shows clearly how dumb ..not ordinary dumb ..brainwashed dumb you fumblers are when afl media post bullshit .

Nothing wrong with highlighting good ratings .
No argument there
But to claim AUST wide ratings as SYD having a appetite for AFL is ludicrous .

Why did they not post the SYD ratings for the games .
Is that because it would show how much bullshit they were spinning .
Feel free to post these ratings for us .
I suspect you won't

& once again when the AFL get beaten in ratings they revert to WINNING CAPITALS .
The old AUST only consists of 5 cities bullshit .

No matter how they spin it .SOO was the most watched game this year ...of any code .

There endeth your lesson for today .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Still dont understand why they choose to do
5 cities ratings.. your missing 40% of the figure for big event TV
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Because it's the only way they can win .

Also Bea seems to be unable to answer my question about the Swans national ratings meaning that AFL is popular in Syd .
It's straight out propaganda bullshit that gets lapped up by the brainwashed masses

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think it is a good question. Why do people selling advertising space focus on 5 city. There must be a reason.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

its the big cities... its worth more in advertising dollars>> in some cases

that media in a lot of figures only seem to add these figures in, which is totally stupid.

more and more people are moving regional year by year..
(NATIONAL AUDIENCE PLEASE)
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep for years NNSW has been the 4th largest advertising market$$$$ wise behind Syd Melb. & BRIS .

I haven't looked for a few years but Reg Qld & REG NSw were worth more than Adelaide & Perth combined

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Maybe it’s about targeting a demographic? Does the diversity of rural and regional areas and what they may be interested in be a factor?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Im not sure what it is..
Very stupid to only target 5 cities..

Yes AFLcrap

Regional nsw and qld is bigger than S.A and W.A combined...
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The advertisers want the biggest audience. So 20 or 30 years ago there was a reason. My local station NBN only showed about 50-% of ch9 programming . Today they are very much the same .

Also with G.Coast, Newcastle , Woolongong Canberra etc. after the top 5 we have the next half a dozen cities population wise.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh glad I popped in. Thanks wookie for presenting the afl 2015 and 16 finals series Audiences. Can't wait to see 2017 afl finals numbers, with only one game resulting in a close competition we may well see declines in 2017, as well as 2018, if afl fans have memories.

Wookie, as I'm happy to employ you to be my prophecy support administrator. Please, as soon as the afls 2017 and 2018 annual reports come thru, post the declines in viewer numbers in the appropriate fight club threads I developed.

Thanks man :afro:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?