AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

AFLW beats A-League and Rugby Tens in tv ratings

Post by Beaussie »

Such wonderful news for the women's game of AFL. Truly amazing stuff to think AFLW is outrating both men's soccer and rugby.

Oh and I thought soccer's tv ratings were abysmal, look at rugby's tv ratings over the weekend... eek :shock:
AFLW gives men’s codes a kick in the ratings
Robert Craddock, The Courier-Mail
February 13, 2017 2:46pm

WOMEN’S AFL has continued its television rating blitz by out-drawing the soccer and rugby 10s on the weekend.

The women’s match between Collingwood and Melbourne was the ninth most watched program nationally on free-to-air on Saturday with 346,000 capital city viewers.

As well as that imposing figure came excellent numbers on Fox Sports where it was the highest rating Saturday show on pay television with 95,000 viewers, just ahead of the other women’s game, Carlton versus GWS, which drew 83,000.

Those matches finished ahead of the A-League match between Melbourne City and Brisbane Roar which drew 70,000.

The Global Tens rugby extravaganza at Suncorp Stadium drew 51,000 Saturday viewers.

Sunday was also another big day for women’s AFL with the Brisbane Lions-Fremantle game (80,000 on Fox Sports) finishing narrowly behind the A-League game between Western Sydney Wanderers and Central Coast which was the number one show on pay television with 82,000.

The Global Tens drew audiences in the mid 50,000s throughout the day.

The stunning success of the hastily organised women’s AFL tournament has given rival codes plenty to think about, even those which have proved successful in their own right.

The women’s Big Bash started a couple of weeks before the men’s competition this season before being swamped in the publicity stakes when the two competition’s ran beside each other.

But watching the women’s AFL competition thrive in clear air before the men’s competition starts is a pointer for cricket that the women’s Big Bash may further prosper if it is given the same chance.

“It worked well having the women’s competition get free air when it started before the men this season and there is no doubt there will be discussions about how they could possibly get even more focus,’’ a Cricket Australia spokesman said.

Channel Ten broadcast 12 of the 47 women’s matches last season and were delighted with the ratings including an audience of more than 500,000 for the final between the Perth Scorchers and the Sydney Sixers.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 5bd443027d
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: AFLW beats A-League and Rugby Tens in tv ratings

Post by Fred »

The real measure will be the ongoing success. Crowd figures have been okay, but it will be in ratings that will see the success or otherwise of the sport. It will be interesting when we compare the ratings for rl and Aussie rules this year with the women's comp adding to the figures a great deal I would think. And if they go a twilight grand final?
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 am
It will be interesting when we compare the ratings for rl and Aussie rules this year with the women's comp adding to the figures a great deal I would think. And if they go a twilight grand final?
Interesting indeed. Can only see the AFL extending its lead in the tv ratings battle.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The female fumblers got 1.8 mill ratings in the first week and 753k in the second. Yep.......they more than halved in one week. Now cue but but buts, excuses and BS reasons from the fumbling zealots here lololololololol.

But probably more worrying is the poor girls are so unskilled they are hurting themselves with their stumbling and bumbling. And the former star Irish fumbler said he would be worried if his daughters played. Worrying times indeed.

Hows that Wookie.......just the facts.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:13 am
Fred wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 am
It will be interesting when we compare the ratings for rl and Aussie rules this year with the women's comp adding to the figures a great deal I would think. And if they go a twilight grand final?
Interesting indeed. Can only see the AFL extending its lead in the tv ratings battle.
What planet are you on .
More people watched RL on TV than watched AFL last year .

Thems the facts
Deal with it .

GOLD for RL
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o