Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:18 pm
Taking into account all relevant factors such as crowds, membership, sponsorship, tv ratings, media coverage, participation etc, etc, how would you rate and rank the codes in terms of popularity in NSW.

For me, I think the AFL has done a magnificent job in a relatively short time to get Australian Football into 2nd rank behind the dominate Rugby League. This I say is hard to deny when you look at the huge gap in crowds, memberships numbers, sponsorship dollars, tv ratings, media etc compared to Soccer and Rugby Union. You gotta feel for Rugby Union. I would have once said they were ranked 2nd. Sadly the reality for that code today is a 4th ranking behind Soccer. How times change eh?

Anyway, thought it would be interesting to see your rankings and justifications. Here is mine:

1st. NRL - Rugby League
2nd. AFL - Australian Football
3rd. FFA - Soccer
4th. ARU - Rugby Union
Your kidding yourself if you thing Victorian Football is ahead of Soccer.

Here is a little fact for the very stupid and deluded category you belong in.

AFL NSW PLAYER NUMBERS 95,100 players registered
FOOTBALL NSW NUMBERS 324,000 players registered

So football (Soccer) has over 3 times the player numbers as AFL in NSW, yet somehow you think AFL is infront?? Hmm, nice logic dickhead.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Definitely maybe. If talking nsw much of south nsw is very afl strong so you must take that into consideration. I would see them on a par in Sydney with maybe soccer slightly in front if comparing a league and say afl. Soccer had. Oh numbers in juniors across the country so no big news there .. but does not necessarily translate to broader support. Once soccer gets on Fta we may see a change.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:24 pm
Definitely maybe. If talking nsw much of south nsw is very afl strong so you must take that into consideration. I would see them on a par in Sydney with maybe soccer slightly in front if comparing a league and say afl. Soccer had. Oh numbers in juniors across the country so no big news there .. but does not necessarily translate to broader support. Once soccer gets on Fta we may see a change.
Go to any part of Western Sydney and I guarantee more people play Soccer and follow the Wanderers than the Giants and AFL

There is also another 12 semi professional clubs playing in the National Premier League too.

You just have to look at how a National NSW comp side like Wollongong Wolves competed against Sydney FC last year in the FFA cup competion.
Is no decent lower grade AFL sides like that in NSW anywhere.

AFL could'nt get a crowd in Wollongong let alone a professional competive club. Yet some how AFL is ahead of Football in NSW with less professional clubs, less players and less supporters.

Wolongong Wolves vs Sydney FC
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:59 pm
Taking into account all relevant factors such as crowds, membership, sponsorship, tv ratings, media coverage, participation etc, etc, how would you rate and rank the codes in terms of popularity in NSW.

For me, I think the AFL has done a magnificent job in a relatively short time to get Australian Football into 2nd rank behind the dominate Rugby League. This I say is hard to deny when you look at the huge gap in crowds, memberships numbers, sponsorship dollars, tv ratings, media etc compared to Soccer and Rugby Union. You gotta feel for Rugby Union. I would have once said they were ranked 2nd. Sadly the reality for that code today is a 4th ranking behind Soccer. How times change eh?

Anyway, thought it would be interesting to see your rankings and justifications. Here is mine:

1st. NRL - Rugby League
3rd. FFA - Soccer
4th. ARU - Rugby Union

So football (Soccer) has over 3 times the player numbers as AFL in NSW, yet somehow you think AFL is infront?? Hmm, nice logic dickhead.
Did you even read my post and the factors I took into account? FFS, if we follow your logic, Soccer is the number code in NSW based on participation number alone. Talk about deluded. :roll:
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:46 pm
Lol less & less kids .

Um
Carry on

It's impossible to have a debate with a pot plant
moron spazza
ive posted links to articles to league player numbers dropping!

thats right you dont go by those stats you dont want to believe in, they are all lies lies lies,
just the ones you want to believe in are the factual ones :mrgreen:

lololololololoon :thumbleft:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You posted links to
Surveys ..
Lol
& articles from years ago

You're a pot plant
My apologies to all the pot plants out there

You keep ranting but still can't post anything
Even after being asked repeatedly to do so .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

I think he's the pot that holds the plant, but he's got a massive big crack from the top to the bottom, he can't hold anything in, much like his brain.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 pm
You posted links to
Surveys ..
Lol
& articles from years ago

You're a pot plant
My apologies to all the pot plants out there

You keep ranting but still can't post anything
Even after being asked repeatedly to do so .
I put a link up of several articles reporting league participation numbers are falling in on one of the other threads talking about participation!

That you still rambled on about dismissed as lies!
You know the same usual crap when some facts are posted that you don't like
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:04 pm
I think he's the pot that holds the plant, but he's got a massive big crack from the top to the bottom, he can't hold anything in, much like his brain.
Very rich coming from some one who is as thick and simple as you
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Once again
Post these links

I've asked & asked & asked
Yet you can't

& please don't post a SURVEY .
That has nothing to do with player numbers
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Beaussie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

1st. NRL - Rugby League
3rd. FFA - Soccer
4th. ARU - Rugby Union

Did you even read my post and the factors I took into account? FFS, if we follow your logic, Soccer is the number code in NSW based on participation number alone. Talk about deluded. :roll:
Is funny how you conveniently left out the number of fields and clubs for each sport.

Go around any part of Sydney and you will see more soccer fields than AFL fields.

Also soccer player numbers are well ahead of AFL in Schools too.

They are pretty important factors when looking at a sports popularity.

The only reason AFL has more money than soccer in NSW is because it gets most of it's revenue from Southern AFL states.

But lets ignore all that in order to talk up the AFL.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Just have to see the other sports played in the same ground posting similar figures yet having up to and beyond three times as many people in the stands.yet people like lic could not and would not ever admit gws inflate their crowds even sadly it seems if their boring stinking life depended on it. No wonder we laugh at your cult like obsession we call Aussie rules supporters, you'd rather fall off the perch or a family member die than admit a small unsupported club outside the heartlands is actually struggling and has to inflate everything it can to stay relevant.

Strange people, RL has failed in heapsof places from London to Paris, Moscow and others, I can admit it, why can't you lot in afl admit gws inflate their crowds?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:10 am
Beaussie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

1st. NRL - Rugby League
3rd. FFA - Soccer
4th. ARU - Rugby Union

Is funny how you conveniently left out the number of fields and clubs for each sport.

Go around any part of Sydney and you will see more soccer fields than AFL fields.

Also soccer player numbers are well ahead of AFL in Schools too.

They are pretty important factors when looking at a sports popularity.

The only reason AFL has more money than soccer in NSW is because it gets most of it's revenue from Southern AFL states.

But lets ignore all that in order to talk up the AFL.
And yet again you only consider participants whilst ignoring every other measurement where the AFL absolutely smashes Soccer in NSW (eg: crowds, membership, sponsorship, tv ratings and media interest). Again going by your logic of only looking at participant numbers, Soccer must be the number one code in NSW. ](*,)
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Soccer gear everywhere all times of the year no matter where I go kids have always worn the stuff. It the a league might not be mainstream like the NRL but underneath,soccer is and always has been very healthy.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:28 pm
Soccer gear everywhere all times of the year no matter where I go kids have always worn the stuff. It the a league might not be mainstream like the NRL but underneath,soccer is and always has been very healthy.
its gonna take a whole generation to go by before a-league clubs truly become mainstream - itll never be as big as nrl in sydney or afl in melbourne, but itll have its own little corner of the market.

the issue is that the a-league is still young, just over 10 years old, the clubs were created from scratch. a lot of people involved with grass roots dont support a-league clubs and either support their npl or other state league clubs...or support clubs overseas...its a disconnect that we a working on and will slowly defeat once the current young generation of a-league fans and soccer fans in general have kids and start bringing them up with the a-league as their ideal platform...until 2005 there has never been a fully professional league in australia for our sport.

thats why we all see kids wearing soccer kits from overseas team...its kinda encouraging see a lot of wsw/sfc kits around derby week but outside of that its almost always european shirts...but its a cultural thing and itll change

that ffa cup game vs wollongong was fuckn awesome, win stadium when its close to being full its an awesome place to watch sport... fucking david gallop wont give them an a-league team though