The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
TLPG wrote:
No I told you that for every 1 AFL scandal there were about 5 NRL.

So if there about 100 AFL scandals, that means there are about 500 NRL.

You are yet to prove otherwise, and the proof of the pud is the fact that average AFL attendances are way ahead of the NRL's. People are staying away from the NRL because they can't control their players as well as the AFL can. We punish wrong doers. The NRL sweeps it under the carpet.

Rep winner? AFL by a mile.

End of.
Rugby Legues worst ever scandal, was the Storm salary cap scandal. The archtect of witch was former AFL CEO Brian Waldon.

His rorting and 'under the table deals' were obviously a non issue as far as the AFL were concerned.
Hmm, and here I was thinking the owners of the Storm and half owners of the NRL in News Ltd had something to answer for. I mean seriously, how could News Ltd not know what was going on. Defies logic. Anyway, silly me, it's always easier to blame the AFL for everything wrong in one's preferred sport. :roll:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Oh that'd be right, Pussycat. Forget all the alcoholic BS that the NRL gets a bad rep for. "It's not so bad" :roll: It's why your game is in so much trouble in case you haven't really checked!!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
Oh that'd be right, Pussycat. Forget all the alcoholic BS that the NRL gets a bad rep for.
As far as I read pussycat didn't show that he'd forgotten anything peanut.

But I think you have :oops:

Brendan Fervola anyone? :lol:

He's been kicked out of and banned from every establishment in Melbourne!! :_<>

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
TLPG wrote:
No I told you that for every 1 AFL scandal there were about 5 NRL.

So if there about 100 AFL scandals, that means there are about 500 NRL.

You are yet to prove otherwise, and the proof of the pud is the fact that average AFL attendances are way ahead of the NRL's. People are staying away from the NRL because they can't control their players as well as the AFL can. We punish wrong doers. The NRL sweeps it under the carpet.

Rep winner? AFL by a mile.

End of.
Rugby Legues worst ever scandal, was the Storm salary cap scandal. The archtect of witch was former AFL CEO Brian Waldon.

His rorting and 'under the table deals' were obviously a non issue as far as the AFL were concerned.
Hmm, and here I was thinking the owners of the Storm and half owners of the NRL in News Ltd had something to answer for. I mean seriously, how could News Ltd not know what was going on. Defies logic. Anyway, silly me, it's always easier to blame the AFL for everything wrong in one's preferred sport. :roll:

Exactly, how could News LTD not know. And I think you would find a few other League supporters who would share your doubts. News LTD are despised by the majority of Rugby League supporters, ever since there hostile takeover of our game in the Nineties. The owners of our game, also own, brisbane, Melboure, 50% of Fox Sport, Operater of foxtel not to mention most of the media, are a plague on our game. And that must be the scary part for the AFL, knowing that we've been operating with one hand tied behind our backs!

I didn't blame the AFL for anything. But I do find it hard to believe that Waldron's dishonest ways just happen to begin while he at the Storm.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

=D> Nice post pussycat, you make some very good points, I agree. Waldron's been a crook all along, any numbnuts can tell that.

I also find it hard to believe that Beaussie and TLPG have no humility when it comes to their sport. They really think it's golden and if the AFL were ever to take a large proverbial dump, I'm positive both Beaussie and TLPG would have no qualms grabbing a spoon and relish gulping it down. Their ridiculous sidelining of the issues is a complete turnoff.

I mean really! Can either of you two merkins agree that the AFL has had and continues to have some serious issues regarding it's credibility!? Interesting that the Rugby League supporters show a good and honest understanding of their sports downfalls while the AFL supporters in here are as blind as bats. Definitely says something about the intelligence level of the fans of each sport...

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

pussycat wrote:
I didn't blame the AFL for anything. But I do find it hard to believe that Waldron's dishonest ways just happen to begin while he at the Storm.
I don't. Two words;

Salary Cap

The NRL's is way more restrictive than the AFL's, thereby encouraging it's abuse as the Storm did.

Note in passing - at least the AFL and the AFL clubs acted against Fevola, which is more than the NRL and it's clubs would do! Who was it who Canberra were willing to allow back despite MULTIPLE similar violations? Todd Carney? (Help me out here someone)
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
pussycat wrote:
I don't. Two words;

Salary Cap

The NRL's is way more restrictive than the AFL's, thereby encouraging it's abuse as the Storm did.

Note in passing - at least the AFL and the AFL clubs acted against Fevola, which is more than the NRL and it's clubs would do! Who was it who Canberra were willing to allow back despite MULTIPLE similar violations? Todd Carney? (Help me out here someone)
Acted .. he got repeadltly hit over the wrsit with a feather & got more Chances then Carney did
oh & by the way

Cough.. Ben Cousins.. Cough 8-[
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Stop trolling TLPG ya big Troll! :lol:

Todd Carney has triple the cred of Fervola and Cousins combined!

And a note in passing - the NRL and NRL clubs have "acted" against Todd Carney. You suggest they haven't when they have on several occasions, and quite harshly too. Peanut, you are wrong again #-o

I understand your salary cap argument peanut, but I have to side with pussycat as Waldron lost his credibility through the storm affair. So for me it IS very difficult to believe he wasnt involved in similar infractions in the AFL.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Raiderdave wrote:
Acted .. he got repeadltly hit over the wrsit with a feather & got more Chances then Carney did
oh & by the way

Fevola got two chances. Carney's had - what, four now? And he's still playing NRL! Where's Fev? Playing VFL and lucky to be so!

Cousins was a one off. And at least he was willing to be open about it. How many druggies are there behind closed doors in the NRL? What's NRL's drug testing like? I wouldn't say the AFL's is world's best practice but it's better than the NRL's!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
oh & by the way

Fevola got two chances. Carney's had - what, four now? And he's still playing NRL! Where's Fev? Playing VFL and lucky to be so!

Cousins was a one off. And at least he was willing to be open about it. How many druggies are there behind closed doors in the NRL? What's NRL's drug testing like? I wouldn't say the AFL's is world's best practice but it's better than the NRL's!
the AFL's is consistently bagged for being soft
the NRL's .... praised for being tough

& this from people not connected with either sport ..impartial people who believe the NRL has got it right ... & the AFL .. sadly wrong.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Link me to where someone has said the NRL's drug testing is better than the AFL's. I don't believe you and the way the NRL react to issues that affect their credibility is the reverse of what you're claiming.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Link me to where someone has said the NRL's drug testing is better than the AFL's. I don't believe you and the way the NRL react to issues that affect their credibility is the reverse of what you're claiming.
Heres one from within the code saying the AFL policy is soft
http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/th ... 67381.html

heres another claiming AFL players are a protected speices where drugs are concerned
http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/ ... 67059.html

another one here ... saying just tear their stupid policy up
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/blogs/eve ... 30487.aspx

can't find one bagging the NRL's :cool:

face it
you are wrong again .. living in your Ivory Tower in a delusional state of denial
your code is rotten to the core ... accept it. :salute:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

TLPG wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
oh & by the way

Carney was sacked when he was Canberra! And the only problem he has got into since his reinstatement at another club(other than a breach of club policy) was a low range DUI offence. He does have an alcohol problem but the club and the NRL are helping him with it. Hardly that serious a matter. The issues have been blown out of all proportion by the media.

Rugby League has always had a very strict drug policy - our players aren't given numerous chances like 'some' codes
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Raiderdave wrote:

heres another claiming AFL players are a protected speices where drugs are concerned

face it
you are wrong again .. living in your Ivory Tower in a delusional state of denial
No I won't because the NRL's commitment to drug usage prevention is non existant. Provide links that praise it and give details. I know full well that the AFL's policy is soft compared to the Olympics for example, but it's good compared to the NRL - especially when it comes cover ups!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

face it
No I won't because the NRL's commitment to drug usage prevention is non existant. Provide links that praise it and give details. I know full well that the AFL's policy is soft compared to the Olympics for example, but it's good compared to the NRL - especially when it comes cover ups!
the NRL's policy to prevent drug use is non existant is it :-k :?>
our is the same as the Olympics
:(/ :_<> :cheers: :\: