The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

i like the incentive of kids go free.

they are the ones that will propel the game in the future..

If i were the NRL or AFL

Games outside of finals and marque games or close to sell outs.
Kids go free all year.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Australia’s Game confirmed again today as No. 1

Not that there was ever any doubt.

Lots more money all round with Tassie to come and further development funds for NSW/ACT and QLD, to see the game grow even further. Well done Gillon.

The $4.5 billion over seven years from 2025 - which is a long way ahead of what the NRL receives from Foxtel and Nine - will allow the AFL to keep 18 clubs solvent, pay players - men and women - and to keep the game affordable for members.

The AFL can continue to fund Greater Western Sydney and Gold Coast at well above the other clubs, can keep the smaller Victorian clubs competitive with the monster teams, ensure that AFLW moves to full professionalism and spend more money on the game’s development in NSW and Queensland.

Gillon McLachlan’s last broadcast deal will have all manner of consequences, not only for Australian football but for cricket and conceivably tennis and the rugby codes. The AFL has entrenched its position as the country’s most powerful sporting code, in commercial terms; there will be fewer dollars for cricket, in all likelihood.

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan on Tuesday.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS

The case for a Tasmanian team will likely strengthen following this deal, since the majority of existing clubs won’t be as concerned about a 19th team draining the coffers.

Privately, the AFL is talking about using the extra cash to help ramp up footy in the northern states. In truth, it’s a concession they’ve made to Foxtel, in the knowledge that the free to air ratings aren’t great in Sydney, in particular, anyway.

TIMELINE
AFL broadcast rights this century

2002- 06: $500 million (Nine, 10, Foxtel)

The rights had been held by Seven since 1987. But in a major change to the landscape, matches were jointly broadcast by Channel Nine, Channel 10, and pay TV provider Foxtel. Tim Lane (Channel Nine, 10), Eddie McGuire (Nine) and Steve Quartermain (Foxtel) were key commentators.

2007-11: $780 million (Seven, 10, Fox Sports, Austar)
The AFL signed a five-year, $780 million deal with networks Seven and 10, with Foxtel paying Seven and 10 $315.5 million over the five years plus $10 million per year in contra advertising for exclusive rights to four games a round plus replay rights to all games, including finals. These games streamed through Foxtel and Austar via Fox Sports.

2012-16: $1.3 billion (Seven, Fox Sports, Telstra)
The AFL signed a five-year, $1.3 billion TV rights deal with Channel Seven, pay TV giant Foxtel and Telstra.

2017-22: $2.5 billion (Seven, Fox Sports, Telstra)
The AFL signed a $2.5 billion, six-year deal, to expire in 2022, that was eventually renegotiated during the pandemic.

2023-24: $946 million (Seven, Foxtel)
The AFL signed a two-year extension with Seven West Media and Foxtel in an aggregate of $946 million over 2023 and 2024. Foxtel pays the larger share and broadcasts an average of five and a half games per round - the TV giant is also increasingly transitioning matches to its growing streaming arm, Kayo - while Seven averages three and a half games each week. Seven has exclusive rights to the grand final.

2025-32 (Seven, Foxtel)
In 2022, four of Australia’s biggest media companies, Nine Entertainment, Foxtel, Seven West Media and Channel 10/Paramount, enter a multibillion-dollar bidding war for the rights to broadcast and stream AFL games from 2025. The result is a mammoth seven-year deal with the incumbents, Seven and Foxtel.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/wha ... 5bfxk.html
These users liked the author Beaussie for the post (total 2):
WookieReturns (Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:05 pm) • TLPG (Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:40 am)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

No need for any doubts about which code is number one.

Even NRL chiefs say the AFL is the dominant sporting code.

truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:22 am
No need for any doubts about which code is number one.

Even NRL chiefs say the AFL is the dominant sporting code.

seig heil fumblers

hahaha
no NRL official says anything about racistball being number one anywhere in that article, the jurno used that wanking attention grabbing headline :rofl:
Australia has no Numb one football code as both codes are clearly numb one in either half of it

funny reading all the comments from the insecure little banana chuckers tho :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

When Nick Politis opens his mouth we all hear what a dill he is. He and that obnoxious guy, ( peter someone ) keep perpetrating the us verses them debate because they are insecure in being the perennial ( losers) runners up.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bbear wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:17 pm
When Nick Politis opens his mouth we all hear what a dill he is. He and that obnoxious guy, ( peter someone ) keep perpetrating the us verses them debate because they are insecure in being the perennial ( losers) runners up.
Oh dear
Did you see your beloved lying leaders statement about AFL taking over QLD
Now that was hilarious seeing as the broncos had a bigger crowd than the FTA viewing numbers for the lions 🤣🤣🤣
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

As stated earlier this year, I had not been to a NRL, Super Rugby or A-League game nor watched a full broadcast any of those leagues games.
I intended (and still do) to attend 1 game of each this year.
Last night I went to the Storm v Panthers game at Marvel.
I am not a convert, I can cross rugby league of my list…permanently.
The pre-game build up is certainly more intense and noisy than the victorian AFL games, but the game itself, to me, lacked any atmosphere, had no excitement and was really dull.
The posted crowd figure of nearly 27,000 seems, ummm, very generous, and was extremely subdued, the storm mascot, annoyingly, seeming to make more noise than the attendees.
To be fair, and I hate to be fair, the oval ground may not have been conducive to “creating” atmosphere.
Overall, to me , the dullest football (using football very loosely) game I have attended.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:48 pm
As stated earlier this year, I had not been to a NRL, Super Rugby or A-League game nor watched a full broadcast any of those leagues games.
I intended (and still do) to attend 1 game of each this year.
Last night I went to the Storm v Panthers game at Marvel.
I am not a convert, I can cross rugby league of my list…permanently.
The pre-game build up is certainly more intense and noisy than the victorian AFL games, but the game itself, to me, lacked any atmosphere, had no excitement and was really dull.
The posted crowd figure of nearly 27,000 seems, ummm, very generous, and was extremely subdued, the storm mascot, annoyingly, seeming to make more noise than the attendees.
To be fair, and I hate to be fair, the oval ground may not have been conducive to “creating” atmosphere.
Overall, to me , the dullest football (using football very loosely) game I have attended.
stay in yr bubble then wanker
you're not needed :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

A mate of mine attended his first game of drops & giggles on Friday night in Sydney , the Swines V ... ? .. idk , some mongbourne team
I warned him during the week , its 3 hrs you'll never get back & life is short
his workmates , transplants from Mongbourne , ya know the only people on the planet who watch this rubbish kept ,perstering him to go

it's the best ever , you'll never look back , so skilled , amazing athletes ... best atmosphere

i text him last night
how'd it go I asked ?

Mate he said
that was the biggest load of ... CRAP ... I have ever witnessed live at a sporting event ..or anywhere for that matter
my mum could have kicked straighter then these knobs ,
skinny little white twerps who think they're tough & skillful , it was effing hilarious

I mean at one point I thought .... they can't be serious ... how is this a sport ????

I told ya mate
he said yea you did , never again .... never will I lower myself to watch this rubbish ever again
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:14 am
A mate of mine attended his first game of drops & giggles on Friday night in Sydney , the Swines V ... ? .. idk , some mongbourne team
his workmates , transplants from Mongbourne , ya know the only people on the planet who watch this rubbish kept ,perstering him to go

it's the best ever , you'll never look back , so skilled , amazing athletes ... best atmosphere

i text him last night
how'd it go I asked ?

Mate he said
that was the biggest load of ... CRAP ... I have ever witnessed live at a sporting event ..or anywhere for that matter
skinny little white twerps who think they're tough & skillful , it was effing hilarious

I mean at one point I thought .... they can't be serious ... how is this a sport ????

I told ya mate
he said yea you did , never again .... never will I lower myself to watch this rubbish ever again
Well thats a coincidence…..and your mate sounds exactly like you!
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:32 am

i text him last night
how'd it go I asked ?

Mate he said

I told ya mate
my mate sounds like everyone north of the murray who didn't relocate here from the fumbling states or is the offspring of one who did

bumbling unco clowns in singlets
it doesn't appeal to us ...
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

i text him last night
how'd it go I asked ?

Mate he said

I told ya mate
Was a terrible game though must admit. If that was someone’s first taste it’s wouldn’t be a great introduction.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:27 pm

i text him last night
how'd it go I asked ?

Mate he said

I told ya mate
Was a terrible game though must admit. If that was someone’s first taste it’s wouldn’t be a great introduction.
they all range between terrible and... gob smackingly terrible fweddy
there is nothing else
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

The 2023 under AFL 18 championships have been played over the last few weeks.

Teams comprised:
West Australia
South Australia
Vic Country
Vic Metro
Allies (the best from NT, Qld, NSW & Tas)
The Allies have just won their 4th game and having beaten all teams are now declared champions.
The Gold Coast Suns were particularly well represented.
Are these kids the first of many that have now “grown up” with Australian Rules.
With the participation numbers increasing the future of teams in the “rugby heartland” states looks very promising.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:04 pm
The 2023 under AFL 18 championships have been played over the last few weeks.

Teams comprised:
West Australia
South Australia
Vic Country
Vic Metro
Allies (the best from NT, Qld, NSW & Tas)
The Allies have just won their 4th game and having beaten all teams are now declared champions.
The Gold Coast Suns were particularly well represented.
Are these kids the first of many that have now “grown up” with Australian Rules.
With the participation numbers increasing the future of teams in the “rugby heartland” states looks very promising.
the allies ?
8-[

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

these are skinny little white boys in singlets scared of Polynesians & unable to play a real sport whos daddies & gran pappies moved to NSW , the ACT QLD where they bumbled , fumbled & missed

they watch NRL tho
they watch a real sport.... , can't play it.. but watch it :cool: