The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
59
58%
Rugby League
36
36%
Rugby Union
1
1%
Soccer
5
5%
 
Total votes: 101

Gone
Banned
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Gone »

your crowds aint great, whether compared locally or internationally. Fantastic for Rugby league as a sport compared to other rugby leagues though. However, AFL crowds are on average more than double NRL ones. These are facts.

Also facts: In 2012 the ARLC set a target of 20,000 per game by 2017. 2012 was the last year the NRL averaged more thaan 16,000 per game. Last time the AFL had crowds as low as the NRL it was 1945.

I dont care if you claim Wednesday nights off the back of Origin as evidence of crowd supremacy on that one day of the week. Over the year is another story.


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4064
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:57 pm your crowds aint great, whether compared locally or internationally. Fantastic for Rugby league as a sport compared to other rugby leagues though. However, AFL crowds are on average more than double NRL ones. These are facts.

Also facts: In 2012 the ARLC set a target of 20,000 per game by 2017. 2012 was the last year the NRL averaged more thaan 16,000 per game. Last time the AFL had crowds as low as the NRL it was 1945.

I dont care if you claim Wednesday nights off the back of Origin as evidence of crowd supremacy on that one day of the week. Over the year is another story.
All you do here bummy is prove my point that AFL crowds are an outlier. NRL average crowds are around 16k with 25M population of whom 13M regard it as the No1 sport V Ligue 1 in France average 20k in a country of 70M who regard soccer as the No1 sport. RL does great.

And Wednesdays and SOO are irrelevant. I don't even know how many fumbling games are on a Wednesday. So I've never compared it. So again......congratulations to AFL......great crowds...........but outliers in world sport.


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by truthbomber »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:55 pm Our games of a wednesday usually get 80k Wookie so I guess were number 1 in crowds as welll :cheers:
not to mention 92K & 2 crowds of 88K at the MCG on a Wednesday too
:\: :\: :\: :\: :\:


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by truthbomber »

And typical of the fumblers to chuck a hissy fit when we're critical but for completely the wrong reason

We aren't critical of the crowd ,what we're critical of is the fog horn leg horn approach to everything you wankers do ,
a bigger pack of blow hards does not exist on this planet

Over stating & over predicting everything becomes hilarious when you're not even close to the mark in the end. I mean has there ever been an awful crowd for a big game that hasn't been over stated ?
There wouldn't be many ..
Heres a tip, get your hands out of your Y fronts & put the mega phone down for a change & you might avoid leaguies laughing at you :cool:


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4064
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Terry »

=D
truthbomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:06 pm And typical of the fumblers to chuck a hissy fit when we're critical but for completely the wrong reason

We aren't critical of the crowd ,what we're critical of is the fog horn leg horn approach to everything you wankers do ,
a bigger pack of blow hards does not exist on this planet

Over stating & over predicting everything becomes hilarious when you're not even close to the mark in the end. I mean has there ever been an awful crowd for a big game that hasn't been over stated ?
There wouldn't be many ..
Heres a tip, get your hands out of your Y fronts & put the mega phone down for a change & you might avoid leaguies laughing at you :cool:

Haha! Great rant, balanced, factual and sensible.


User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:00 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:10 am
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:49 am


AFL crowds measured against other countries football codes are an outlier. The current holder of the soccer world cup, France, average 20k per game in Ligue 1 with a population of nearly 70M. Prior to covid the AFL averaged around 35k per game in a country of 25M, more than half of whom do not have AFL as their No 1 sport.

As such their crowds should only be compared against their own domestic comp. Meaning last nights GF replay was a poor crowd.

Thanks.
Means no such thing, as always you don’t wish to compare a well attended code against your code that most fans don’t want to go and see.
By your logic this forum is pointless as each code should only be compared to themselves?


Strangely enough I can't agree with this assessment. AFL is an outlier. An outlier statistically is a number in a set of data that is much greater or much less than the vast majority of other data. As such the outlier at either end of the data spectrum is ignored and the majority data is used for comparison.

So unfortunately the AFL data gets punted pal. Hope that helps.

Also: Having said that it is a great credit to the game that it attracts such outlier crowds. Bravo!
Outlier: anything that the NRL can’t beat the AFL at.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Beaussie (Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:20 pm)


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in most of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:45 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:00 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:10 am

Means no such thing, as always you don’t wish to compare a well attended code against your code that most fans don’t want to go and see.
By your logic this forum is pointless as each code should only be compared to themselves?


Strangely enough I can't agree with this assessment. AFL is an outlier. An outlier statistically is a number in a set of data that is much greater or much less than the vast majority of other data. As such the outlier at either end of the data spectrum is ignored and the majority data is used for comparison.

So unfortunately the AFL data gets punted pal. Hope that helps.

Also: Having said that it is a great credit to the game that it attracts such outlier crowds. Bravo!
Outlier: anything that the NRL can’t beat the AFL at.
so we're not including wednesday night crowds then are we ? :cool:


User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:48 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:45 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:00 pm



Strangely enough I can't agree with this assessment. AFL is an outlier. An outlier statistically is a number in a set of data that is much greater or much less than the vast majority of other data. As such the outlier at either end of the data spectrum is ignored and the majority data is used for comparison.

So unfortunately the AFL data gets punted pal. Hope that helps.

Also: Having said that it is a great credit to the game that it attracts such outlier crowds. Bravo!
Outlier: anything that the NRL can’t beat the AFL at.
so we're not including wednesday night crowds then are we ? :cool:
SOO is not a regular season game….if you want an outlier that’s it….the onl6 gam3 with decent attendance anD that’s pretty much all you’ve got.
Yes your state of origin kills afl’s, oh that’s right although they started SOO their fans prefer to watch the club games.


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in most of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:13 pm
truthbomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:48 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:45 pm

Outlier: anything that the NRL can’t beat the AFL at.
so we're not including wednesday night crowds then are we ? :cool:
SOO is not a regular season game….if you want an outlier that’s it….the onl6 gam3 with decent attendance anD that’s pretty much all you’ve got.
Yes your state of origin kills afl’s, oh that’s right although they started SOO their fans prefer to watch the club games.
hahahahaha

but but but
you said anything you fumbling moron :cool:


User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:17 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:13 pm
truthbomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:48 pm

so we're not including wednesday night crowds then are we ? :cool:
SOO is not a regular season game….if you want an outlier that’s it….the onl6 gam3 with decent attendance anD that’s pretty much all you’ve got.
Yes your state of origin kills afl’s, oh that’s right although they started SOO their fans prefer to watch the club games.
hahahahaha

but but but
you said anything you fumbling moron :cool:
Zzzzzzzz


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in most of North Eastern Australia.
Gone
Banned
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Gone »

130k for the first two matches of the AFL opening round. NRL entire opening round was 125k....

I wouldnt want to acknowledge crowds either if I was you.
These users liked the author Gone for the post (total 2):
Quolls2019 (Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:03 pm) • Beaussie (Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:18 pm)


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9458
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Beaussie »

Gone wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:57 pm 130k for the first two matches of the AFL opening round. NRL entire opening round was 125k....

I wouldnt want to acknowledge crowds either if I was you.
:(/

Gold


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by truthbomber »

Gone wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:57 pm 130k for the first two matches of the AFL opening round. NRL entire opening round was 125k....

I wouldnt want to acknowledge crowds either if I was you.
but...
160K plus confidently tipped , infact pretty much guaranteed to attend by our resident blow hard mega phone bellowing sthn tossers

30K down
wow :-k
8-[

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/


User avatar
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:06 am
Gone wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:57 pm 130k for the first two matches of the AFL opening round. NRL entire opening round was 125k....

I wouldnt want to acknowledge crowds either if I was you.
but...
160K plus confidently tipped , infact pretty much guaranteed to attend by our resident blow hard mega phone bellowing sthn tossers

30K down
wow :-k
8-[

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
Gee f you yhink that’s funny you must be hysterical over the NRL crowds…..or just hysterical.


There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in most of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 4064
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:57 pm 130k for the first two matches of the AFL opening round. NRL entire opening round was 125k....

I wouldnt want to acknowledge crowds either if I was you.
I came across a fine little article on my way to the forum today. It was titled, "Why are we so worried about attendances". It was written on the Roar sports site by some dude who calls himself "The Wookie" lolololololol!!!!

Among many many gems was this line.............."Fans and pundits need to essentially ignore the AFL’s attendance figures. It’s a statistical anomaly in Australian sport....." Lolololololollololol!!!!!!

So there ya have it straight from the horses mouth! The bumsniffing wookie in absolute lock step on this with good 'ol Terry lolololol!!!!! The AFL's attendances are an outlier.

Now come on bummy...................no more hypocrisy from you please. It does nothing for your .................ummmm.........credibility lololololol!!!!

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/04/11/w ... tendances/


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Bing [Bot] and 0 guests