The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
TLPG wrote:
The NRL policy is NOT the same as the Olympics. It's three strikes as well! Punished, greater penalties.....and then what?

The Olympics is two strikes and you're out! The first strike cops two years. Point me to where an NRL druggie has been banned for two years. Oh that's right, you can't!

The AFL has the same policy. Punished, greater penalties, then outski! What happens on the third strike with the NRL? Hmmm?

Speaking for myself, even the Olympics is soft to be honest. Anyone caught using drugs should be thrown out of sport on their ear forever. Yes, including Ben Cousins. And Todd Carney, because alcohol has no business in elite sport.
The most recent, I think, would of been Cronulla and former test player Reni Matua, tested postive to a banned substance given 2years. It was his first Offence.

Carney's offences have been alcohol related so it is unfair to lump with Cousins and other Drugo's.
Andrew Johns stated in retirement that he used drugs his entire football career. Gee, you can be confident of the NRL's drug testing program. :roll:

Oh and how would that make Johns any better than Cousins or other drugos as you put it?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

That's who I was trying to think of!! You think I could think of his name during that part of the debate! Frustrating! Thanks again, Beau.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

He avided detection - The NRL cant be blamed for John's use of recreational drugs. As pointed out, on numerous occassions the NRL has a very strict drugs policy, unlike the soft floury, almost no existant, polcy the AFL have.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

So strict a drugs policy that one can play at the highest levels of the game and go undetected as a drugo for one's entire career in the NRL. Sounds like a non-existent drugs policy if you ask me.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

And me, and every other honest individual who really pays all round attention to what's going on.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

pussycat wrote:
He avided detection - The NRL cant be blamed for John's use of recreational drugs. As pointed out, on numerous occassions the NRL has a very strict drugs policy, unlike the soft floury, almost no existant, polcy the AFL have.
I agree pussycat. Beaussie, TLPG, nor almost "any other honest individual" who pays attention could claim to know that Johns' avoidance of the drugs policy related to some dodgy cover up/poor policy. We just dont know and it hasnt been proven.

And to inject some much needed fact into this debate, ecstasy, the drug John's admitted to taking, is only detectable in the body for 2-4 days after use. So unless the NRL was testing the guy around 100 times a year you would think it wouldnt be that hard for the guy to avoid detection right? Yes, you know I'm right :wink:

The fact of the matter is the NRL has the stronger, stricter and more credible documented policy on drug use than the AFL. Beaussie and TLPG cannot change this fact with their feeble uninformed drool that they have posted above, or will post below. The best thing is...deep down...no matter how much dribbling and drooling they pour onto these pages, they know it and hate it. :D

KE, Telling it like it is and shutting the traps of the delusional in Talking Footy since 2004. :cool:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
And to inject some much needed fact into this debate, ecstasy, the drug John's admitted to taking, is only detectable in the body for 2-4 days after use. So unless the NRL was testing the guy around 100 times a year you would think it wouldnt be that hard for the guy to avoid detection right?
Clearly he was never tested throughout his career. Imagine how many other NRL players are running around in the same situation avoiding detection.

Meanwhile in the AFL.
AFL players and the AFL have a simple message:
Say NO to Drugs

AFL players face a stronger regime of in and out of competition and holiday testing for illicit drugs than any other sportsmen around the world.

AFL players have two drug policies - the Anti-Doping Code, developed in 1990, which protects the sport from performance-enhancing drug use and enforces the WADA international standards and the illicit Drug policy, introduced in 2005, which tests players for illicit drug use out of competition.

The Illicit Drug policy is a voluntary code agreed to by AFL players. AFL players have also volunteered to further strengthen the policy by agreeing to a trial of holiday hair testing for illicit drugs.

All Australian sports are subject to in competition testing. The AFL remains one of only three Australian sports that test for illicit drugs out of competition. The AFL is the only sport where players have volunteered to be subjected to holiday hair testing.

http://www.afl.com.au/aflhq/aflplayerss ... fault.aspx
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

BOOM!!!!!!!!! That's I can say about that! Beau explodes the opposition once again shutting the traps of the biased thugby supporters since 2004 - at least!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

And just to rub it in, I did some digging on Wikipedia about the state of thugby league across New South Wales, and I found that it's in a shocking state compared to the state of AFL in Victoria. Don't believe me?

AFL
National Clubs - 10
State Clubs - 11
Melbourne Competitions - 7
Melbourne Clubs - 228
Country Competitions - 42
Country Clubs - 450

NRL
National Clubs - 10
State Clubs - 6
Sydney Competitions - 1
Sydney Clubs - 9
Country Competitions - 23
Country Clubs - 224

Funny how the NRL heartland in New South Wales can't support as many clubs and comps in it's region than AFL heartland in Victoria - despite a higher population base. Hmmm?

I can rub it in further if you like and bring out the reverse figures (AFL in NSW and thugby league in Victoria).
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The NRL, unlike the AFL, has a very strict drug code. Its Like The Olympics, 2 year ban for first offence, if there a second offence its a life time ban - It's not the AFL where your given a stern warning on the first couple of occasion's, and then what? a slap on the wrist, a fine???

Drug tests are conducted on a regular basis in the NRL! If Andrew Johns was able to avoid detection in the NRL, then just image how many 'gauntlet runners' there must be it in your code, where drug testing barely exists.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Way to avoid my last post, Pussycat.

It has been proven that there is NO testing on NRL players outside of the season, whereas in the AFL there IS!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
And just to rub it in, I did some digging on Wikipedia about the state of thugby league across New South Wales, and I found that it's in a shocking state compared to the state of AFL in Victoria. Don't believe me?

AFL
National Clubs - 10
State Clubs - 11
Melbourne Clubs - 228
Country Clubs - 450

NRL
National Clubs - 10
State Clubs - 6
Sydney Competitions - 1
Sydney Clubs - 9
Country Clubs - 224

Funny how the NRL heartland in New South Wales can't support as many clubs and comps in it's region than AFL heartland in Victoria - despite a higher population base. Hmmm?

I can rub it in further if you like and bring out the reverse figures (AFL in NSW and thugby league in Victoria).
post the link .... I'll make short work of this as I always do :cool:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:

It has been proven that there is NO testing on NRL players outside of the season, whereas in the AFL there IS!
and where did that get them

Ben Cousins anyone :drunk:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Raiderdave wrote:
TLPG wrote:

AFL
National Clubs - 10
State Clubs - 11
Melbourne Clubs - 228
Country Clubs - 450

NRL
National Clubs - 10
State Clubs - 6
Sydney Competitions - 1
Sydney Clubs - 9
Country Clubs - 224

post the link .... I'll make short work of this as I always do :cool:
Thugby figures derived from Wikipedia over several pages, starting with "Rugby League in New South Wales".
AFL stats from my own website.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Raiderdave wrote:
TLPG wrote:

and where did that get them

Ben Cousins anyone :drunk:
Who spent 12 months out of the game? Cousins.
Who lost NO time in the game? Johns.

Nuff said.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST