The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Raiderdave wrote:
TLPG wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Heres one from within the code saying the AFL policy is soft
http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/th ... 67381.html

heres another claiming AFL players are a protected speices where drugs are concerned
http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/ ... 67059.html

another one here ... saying just tear their stupid policy up
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/blogs/eve ... 30487.aspx

can't find one bagging the NRL's :cool:

face it
you are wrong again .. living in your Ivory Tower in a delusional state of denial
your code is rotten to the core ... accept it. :salute:
No I won't because the NRL's commitment to drug usage prevention is non existant. Provide links that praise it and give details. I know full well that the AFL's policy is soft compared to the Olympics for example, but it's good compared to the NRL - especially when it comes cover ups!
the NRL's policy to prevent drug use is non existant is it :-k :?>
our is the same as the Olympics
:(/ :_<> :cheers: :\:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

This article backs up what Raider Dave was saying:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007 ... 957997.htm

NRL drugs policy sets the standard: Govt
Posted Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:03pm AEST
Updated Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:32pm AEST

PreviousNextSlideshow: Photo 1 of 2

Liberal MP Christopher Pyne says all Australian sports should follow the example set by the NRL's drug policy. (AAP: Dave Hunt)
The Federal Government wants to set a national policy for drug testing in sport based on a tougher stance being taken by the National Rugby League (NRL).

The NRL has introduced out-of-competition testing of players who are punished for a first drug offence and face greater penalties for a second breach.

Other sporting codes have been criticised by the Government for applying a so-called three-strikes policy.

The minister responsible for the drugs policy, Christopher Pyne, has commended the NRL and wants a similar policy to be adopted by all sports.

"The Government wants sporting competitions to work co-operatively with us to apply a consistent and reasonable, firm but fair approach to drugs in sport," Mr Pyne said.

"This accords precisely with the Government's approach to drugs. We don't give any truck or any quarter, we don't give any quarter to drugs at the Commonwealth Government level and we welcome the NRL's committment to working with us consistently to send those very important messages to young people across Australia."
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

TLPG wrote:
I know full well that the AFL's policy is soft compared to the Olympics for example!
TLPG it amazes me that you have not done your homework, yet again.

"This article backs up what Raider Dave was saying:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007 ... 957997.htm

NRL drugs policy sets the standard: Govt
Posted Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:03pm AEST
Updated Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:32pm AEST

PreviousNextSlideshow: Photo 1 of 2

Liberal MP Christopher Pyne says all Australian sports should follow the example set by the NRL's drug policy. (AAP: Dave Hunt)
The Federal Government wants to set a national policy for drug testing in sport based on a tougher stance being taken by the National Rugby League (NRL).

The NRL has introduced out-of-competition testing of players who are punished for a first drug offence and face greater penalties for a second breach.

Other sporting codes have been criticised by the Government for applying a so-called three-strikes policy.

The minister responsible for the drugs policy, Christopher Pyne, has commended the NRL and wants a similar policy to be adopted by all sports.

"The Government wants sporting competitions to work co-operatively with us to apply a consistent and reasonable, firm but fair approach to drugs in sport," Mr Pyne said.

"This accords precisely with the Government's approach to drugs. We don't give any truck or any quarter, we don't give any quarter to drugs at the Commonwealth Government level and we welcome the NRL's committment to working with us consistently to send those very important messages to young people across Australia."

You stated that AFL policy is "soft" compared to the Olympics. Seeing that the NRL policy is the same as the Olympics policy are you now willing to concede that the AFL policy is soft compared to the NRL.

I suspect you won't admit your wrong and will come up with some other "theory" to explain why you are right, yet again.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wellll wehell well, looky what we have here!! :D

Raiderdave, MarkZZZ and pussycat I commend your work ethic and crusading to bring this WANKER TLPG down to Earth. =D>

I mean really! WTF is this JOKER on about sprouting his lies like he just dont care. The CLOWN is out of his depth messing with such an intelligent bunch like yourselves. I certainly hope this VILLAGE IDIOT steps forward and acknowledges his statements as ridiculous and worthy of ridicule!

We are all awaiting your reply with baited breath TLPG. Out with it PEANUT!

:(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

The NRL policy is NOT the same as the Olympics. It's three strikes as well! Punished, greater penalties.....and then what?

The Olympics is two strikes and you're out! The first strike cops two years. Point me to where an NRL druggie has been banned for two years. Oh that's right, you can't!

The AFL has the same policy. Punished, greater penalties, then outski! What happens on the third strike with the NRL? Hmmm?

Speaking for myself, even the Olympics is soft to be honest. Anyone caught using drugs should be thrown out of sport on their ear forever. Yes, including Ben Cousins. And Todd Carney, because alcohol has no business in elite sport.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

TLPG wrote:
The NRL policy is NOT the same as the Olympics. It's three strikes as well! Punished, greater penalties.....and then what?

The Olympics is two strikes and you're out! The first strike cops two years. Point me to where an NRL druggie has been banned for two years. Oh that's right, you can't!

The AFL has the same policy. Punished, greater penalties, then outski! What happens on the third strike with the NRL? Hmmm?

Speaking for myself, even the Olympics is soft to be honest. Anyone caught using drugs should be thrown out of sport on their ear forever. Yes, including Ben Cousins. And Todd Carney, because alcohol has no business in elite sport.
The most recent, I think, would of been Cronulla and former test player Reni Matua, tested postive to a banned substance given 2years. It was his first Offence.

Carney's offences have been alcohol related so it is unfair to lump with Cousins and other Drugo's.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:

no...
Alcohol... Abuse .. has no place in elite sport
theres nothing wrong with having a beer or two Like any normal person ... Carney is an Alcoholic & has admitted as much & cannot handle the drink , it turns him into a dipstick ... he should not go near it , that is his personal life challenge & battle that he will endure for not only his football career but the rest of his life.

I actually wish him well & hope he can over come his demons.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

No it's not, and to say that it is would be to play the very ignorance game I'm talking about that the NRL clubs are playing.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
No it's not, and to say that it is would be to play the very ignorance game I'm talking about that the NRL clubs are playing.
the only one playing the ignorance game here is you :roll:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Sorry, the real world says you're wrong and you're too blind to admit it.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

TLPG wrote:
Sorry, the real world says you're wrong and you're too blind to admit it.
Wrong? about what? as far as I can see theres only one person thats wrong. - and he's wrong quiet often :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

And you can't see very far. The NRL is a secret society that hides it's problems and when they are exposed they don't deal with it correctly or properly. Carney's the poster boy.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
And you can't see very far. The NRL is a secret society that hides it's problems and when they are exposed they don't deal with it correctly or properly. Carney's the poster boy.
:blahblah: :blahblah:
:-({|=

compared to you
he can see the man on the moon from his kitchen.. without a telescope ..
:[]
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

That's right. Insults. Way to lose a debate. Thank you for that bonus point.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The debate on credibility around drug laws in NRL and AFL was won long ago TLPG :lol:

You've lost once again by a technical knockout. And it's been a fairly vicious battle but amazing that you keep sticking your head, rear end and nuts forward to be kicked time and time again.

Do you need another round by round analysis TLPG?

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?