Western Australias growing NRL influence

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Western Australias growing NRL influence

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

According to some of the fumblers no players are in the NRL from WA.
Well there have been 3 who have come through the WARL system in the past.

But what is more exciting is there are more new WA Rugby League players with potential to make the NRL than ever.

http://www.nrl.com/western-Australias-g ... fault.aspx
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Western Australias growing NRL influence

Post by Xman »

so how many current NRL players come from WA? 20? 30?

53 current AFL players come from QLD http://www.qldfooty.com/afl-queenslanders.html
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Xman wrote:

53 current AFL players come from QLD http://www.qldfooty.com/afl-queenslanders.html
And how long has Brisbane Lions been in Brisbane? 20 years lol..

This is is not even a professional NRL team in Perth to follow.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote:
Xman wrote:

And how long has Brisbane Lions been in Brisbane? 20 years lol..

This is is not even a professional NRL team in Perth to follow.
I know theres no team. Theres also barely any grass roots RL. How many NRL players?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Have been 3 mentioned who have made their break into the NRL through the WA Rugby League system in the past and 6 who have joined NRL feeder clubs this year.

But apparently there are no players involved in the NRL from WA according to your pal Essenbum. :cool:
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Have been 3 mentioned who have made their break into the NRL through the WA Rugby League system in the past and 6 who have joined NRL feeder clubs this year.

But apparently there are no players involved in the NRL from WA according to your pal Essenbum. :cool:
How many are currently playing in the NRL, not just in feeder clubs?
leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Xman wrote:

That's current players! And thickshit no2 will tell you no one playes afl in qld!

Then beat his chest a few players have made it to the nrlol from WA in 100 odd years and RL is booming in WA!

The irony in your stupidity thickshit no2
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Darren
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Waratahs

Post by Darren »

Geez these AFL types here are just yelling, screaming, abusing fools. The reason there are more AFL players in NSW and Qld are threefold: 1) The money the AFL has pumped into these states is enormous. 2) Expatriate Vic's, WA's and SA's drive the clubs and numbers. 3) And most importantly - the game is just easier to play. Kids run around and have a kick and giggle and some that can't make it in RL, RU or soccer go on to play in the AFL.

And I think it's great the AFL is giving these 2nd and 3rd class athletes the chance to play a 'professional' sport. More power to 'em!!!!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Darren wrote:
Geez these AFL types here are just yelling, screaming, abusing fools. The reason there are more AFL players in NSW and Qld are threefold: 1) The money the AFL has pumped into these states is enormous. 2) Expatriate Vic's, WA's and SA's drive the clubs and numbers. 3) And most importantly - the game is just easier to play. Kids run around and have a kick and giggle and some that can't make it in RL, RU or soccer go on to play in the AFL.

And I think it's great the AFL is giving these 2nd and 3rd class athletes the chance to play a 'professional' sport. More power to 'em!!!!
1) thats the benefit of having more revenue from TV, more revenue from gate attendances, more revenue from memberships, and more revenue from sponsorships
2) there are plenty of expats in WA. Also, expats are still Queenslanders
3) 2 of RLs champs failed at it after being given a massive free pass to play. I could also say the same for kids in AFL states that are too fat or too slow to play Aussie rules. But in all honesty there arent enough RL clubs in these states for fat slow kids to play
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Darren wrote:

lol dipshit
look at the large amount of players QLD and NSW have been drafted and played AFL in the last 100 years!

yes its all just kids running around having a kick and giggle!
speaking about 3rd rate athleates Hunt & Folau NRLOLS finest out played by a bunch of Kids in the AFL! then only to go off & star in the Union :cheers:
oh wouldn't that bit of reality hurt!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Darren wrote:

And most RL posters live in fantasy land - AF players need eye hand, eye foot and the ability to read the play - RL player need no more than the ability to tackle and run with the ball and be tackled. There is 2.5 mil in WA and your boasting about 3 being in feeder comps and 6 exciting youngsters??? NSW have more than 50 players alone and will have another 6-7 added to AFL lists this year! Your a LONG way off where AFL is even with your ignorant view of the sport!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Swans4ever wrote:
Darren wrote:

And most RL posters live in fantasy land - AF players need eye hand, eye foot and the ability to read the play - RL player need no more than the ability to tackle and run with the ball and be tackled. There is 2.5 mil in WA and your boasting about 3 being in feeder comps and 6 exciting youngsters??? NSW have more than 50 players alone and will have another 6-7 added to AFL lists this year! Your a LONG way off where AFL is even with your ignorant view of the sport!
I don't have an ignorant view of AFL. I have a truthful view.

Getting a point for missing is not skill.

Having goals with no crossbars to make it easier to score is not skill.

Being able to drop the ball constantly is not skill.

Being given a kick at goal just because you were able to catch a high ball is hardly a big deal when Rugby codes players do it all the time..

Kicking an AFL goal with no pressure of being tackled and no crossbar unlike field goals in Rugby League is hardly skillful.

Being able to play on in AFL when you put your feet on the boundary line really shows the poor skills of AFL players. Not permitted in NFL or NRL.

Tell me I am wrong. More than proves AFL is poorly skilled and not a game of talent.
:cheers:
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

I don't have an ignorant view of AFL. I have a truthful view.

Getting a point for missing is not skill.

Having goals with no crossbars to make it easier to score is not skill.

Being able to drop the ball constantly is not skill.

Being given a kick at goal just because you were able to catch a high ball is hardly a big deal when Rugby codes players do it all the time..

Kicking an AFL goal with no pressure of being tackled and no crossbar unlike field goals in Rugby League is hardly skillful.

Being able to play on in AFL when you put your feet on the boundary line really shows the poor skills of AFL players. Not permitted in NFL or NRL.

Tell me I am wrong. More than proves AFL is poorly skilled and not a game of talent.
being able to fall on the ground and still score is not skill

being caught with the ball in a tackle yet keeping the ball 5 times is not skill

kicking a goal from only 20m out from goal is not skill

kicking basically only set shots under no pressure is not skill

being able to receive pass after pass without any direct opposition is not skill

catching a throw from 10m away is not skill

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

And that's why hunt & folau looked so far out of their depth
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Both games require skill to play at their highest levels. Two totally different games and trying to compare one by the rules of the other is stupid. Both have different requirements and different sets of skills. Dont be stupid guys and dont match stupid with stupid.
Veni, vidi, vici