NRL gets 925 mill for 4 games per week .

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

NRL gets 925 mill for 4 games per week .

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Not a lot of detail yet ,but that's serious coin for only half the weekly games on FTA.

Channel 9 has secured the rights to screen live rugby league matches on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and Sunday as part of a new $925 million free-to-air TV deal.
The new deal, the biggest free to air deal done in sport broadcasting rights, will come into effect from 2018.
As part of the new deal a new State of Origin schedule will be introduced with the second match in each series being played on a Sunday night as part of a stand alone weekend of representative football.
NRL CEO Dave Smith said the number of live games shown on free to air television would increase from two at present to four.

"And we still have simulcast rights, pay tv, New Zealand and international television rights to be negotiated.
"So the future of the game is in great shape."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z3iMUxYQye
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: NRL gets 925 mill for 4 games per week .

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

WOW JUST WOW! :shock: :shock:

Massive Deal =D>
More FTA which is great for Fans.

and still 4 / 5 games to go on FOX (depending Expansion)
SKY SPORTS NZ
AND international

:cool:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

475 mill last time for 3 games ..origanally only 1 live .
Now 925 mill for 4 live games .

Wow .
This will have the fumblers in a spin .
Lol. RL is dying according to some .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Telegraph -

Key points of the NRL’s new TV deal

* The number of live games on free-to-air TV will increase from the present two to four, with matches to be played during prime time on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday at 4pm.

* The second match in each State of Origin series will be played on a Sunday night as part of a stand alone weekend of representative football which will also feature Pacific Nation Tests

* The premiership will be played over 25 rounds, one less than the current model

* International rugby league will be given a new priority and will be played in a dedicated window after the NRL season.

* The NRL has also regained control of the premiership schedule from broadcasters.

Originally published as TV deal: Origin to be played on Sunday
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Greatest Game Of All Signs Greatest Contact Of All!

Post by pussycat »

NRL fans the winners in new television deal

NRL fans the winners in new television deal

Mon, Aug 10, 2015 - 11:00AM

The NRL and Channel 9 have announced that four Telstra Premiership games will be shown live on free-to-air television from 2018, with NRL CEO Dave Smith saying it is a huge step forward for rugby league fans.

New free-to-air television deal

"I'm very, very pleased to announce a great deal for rugby league," Smith said.

"It is the biggest deal in Australian free-to-air history - nearly as much secured in the entire current rights deal.

"This part of the deal is really about getting four games live for fans on free-to-air, all live and all in prime time. It's a very significant shift forward for our fans. The game gets more control and the fans get more of the product."

Under the new arrangement Channel 9 will screen matches on Thursday, Friday and Saturday during prime time and on Sunday at 4pm in a deal worth up to $925 million.

"It's four games in prime time for free. It allows us to appeal to more people, especially those in regional areas who can't get to games. It's all about the fans," Smith said.

"You're going to bring more people in. More women and girls are watching, more fans are watching the big events and we need to feed that into the premiership."

As part of the agreement the NRL also regains control of the season schedule to deliver a better deal for supporters.

"We are in complete control of the draw and the schedule both from a fairness perspective and what's best for the fans," Smith said.

"We would lay out the season with the ability to change it towards the end of the season (as is the case with the current draw).

"We're much more in control of the workload of the players. We're trying to get the balance right so we understand the impact and impost on players."

In terms of expanding the competition beyond 16 teams after the current rights deal expires at the end of 2017, Smith said talks were still ongoing.

"This deal assumes 16 teams. There have been discussions about whether we introduce a 17th team and there is scope to do that in this contract," he said.

"This deal is about a 16 team competition, but there have been conversations and we have built flexibility in."

=D> =D> =D>

Other highlights of the agreement include:

• The NRL Telstra Premiership will be played over 25 weeks - instead of 26

• A new State of Origin schedule with the second match in each series being played on a Sunday night as part of a stand alone weekend of representative football which will also feature Pacific Nation Tests

• International Rugby League will be given a new priority and will be played in a dedicated window after the NRL Premiership season.

Mr Smith said the changes would mean less disruption to the Telstra Premiership with only one split round each year.

“In other words, we are preserving Origin as a marquee event of the year while minimising disruption to the Premiership,” he said.

“This will not only improve player welfare but it will be fairer for the clubs and fans.”

Mr Smith said that, while the initial focus had been on free to air rights, the NRL had already held extensive discussions with a number of operators involved in pay television and streaming rights.

“The digital media market is changing rapidly and it is our view that new and exciting opportunities will develop with Fox Sports and other providers,” he said.

“By 2018, the digital world will be very different and we want to be in the best possible position to take advantage of any changes.

“So negotiations with the pay tv and digital providers will continue and, again, our focus will be on ensuring the most widespread coverage on whatever platform fans choose to watch rugby league.” :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Post by eelofwest »

Its quite in here hey guys :>:: :>:: :>::

Whats doing derpballers

925million FTA without expansion

Now consider Foxtell paid more for NRL then channel 9

i would say they will simulcast one game to fox to make it 5 games

My prediction is 850million for Fox

Then add NZ and digital rights for 4-5 games and we will get close to 2billion imo.

The champ is here.... :wink:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Very quiet .
Maybe they are waiting for word from the aflol propaganda Dept before commenting .
Lol

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Struggling to think what's left for Foxtel. Looks like the dregs. What are the dregs worth?
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Beaussie wrote:
Struggling to think what's left for Foxtel. Looks like the dregs. What are the dregs worth?

AFLcrap here is the first propaganda line from the AFL.

Incomming... :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol:

Well considering the Fox part of the deal was 550m and the fta 475m last time around, if the NRL simulcast all games on Foxtell then i am thinking they will get around 1billion from Fox and maybe a slight decrease from FTA.

But all in all its looking like the total deal will be closer to 2billion in total.

Happy days =D> =D> :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

eelofwest wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Oh please, do enlighten us all what is left for Foxtel to bid on that would see them increase their bid from last time? And should they simulcast all games, the NRL will need to compensate Channel 9. Sounds like a great deal, really thought through. :?>

:(/ :(/ :(/
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Beaussie wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Oh please, do enlighten us all what is left for Foxtel to bid on that would see them increase their bid from last time? And should they simulcast all games, the NRL will need to compensate Channel 9. Sounds like a great deal, really thought through. :?>

:(/ :(/ :(/
Not to bright are ya, do you see the word simulcasting in the detail of the deal.

Its a possibility that they will give all 8 games to Fox, if thats the case they will be paying through the nose for the deal.

Whats the matter pettle, cant get over the fact that this deal is going to be around 2 billion when its done.

Ill shine up that silver medal for ya nice and early.. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

So, this much is correct yeah... if Fox simulcast games, the NRL must pay Channel 9, $30 million annually right? Yeah, sounds like a great deal. :?>
The NRL wants Fox Sports to show all eight games live but will have to compensate Nine for any matches that are simulcast. One source said Nine could save $30 million annually if all four of its matches are also shown on pay television.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-an ... z3iSEZ7pgj
Am thinking the AFL is just sitting back watching the outcome of the following:
Ten was shut out of the NRL process, and is awaiting Australian Competition and Consumer Commission approval for Foxtel to take a 15 per cent stake in it.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-an ... z3iSEtIdPl
Happy days ahead for the AFL. :thumbleft:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote:
Lol .
You can't be that thick .
Your rampant jealousy stops you from posting anything sensible .
Have a think about it .

🤣
Xman wrote
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

We have no idea what is going to happen yet esp with expansion.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
We have no idea what is going to happen yet esp with expansion.
Expansion clearly off the agenda. How would the NRL fund it when virtually all present clubs run at a loss and will want more money along with greedy players and neglected bush footy?

No money left in kitty to fund expensive expansion dreams.