Make the call: How much will the NRL and AFL will get from the next TV rights deal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Make the call: How much will the NRL and AFL will get from the next TV rights deal

Post by leagueiscrap »

the estimated figures that has been predicted has been between 1.6 to 2 billion
so between that amount the AFL 1.7 or 1.8 & will get around 200 to 300 million more than than the NRL

as we saw earlier this week the sponsors and advertisers are willing to spend a lot more money with the AFl rather than the NRLOL
Last edited by leagueiscrap on Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: Make the call: How much will the NRL and AFL will get from the next TV rights deal

Post by Swans4ever »

1.6m for AFL - NRL to fragment their bid e.g SOO seperate to Internationals - seperate to NRL H&A. All up they will get about the same.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

1.6 Aflol
1.8 RL
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

It the AFL want one of the commercial stations to broadcast it they will need to pay. My estimate would be $-3.8B However if they can strike a deal with ABC to broadcast there matches after midnight and with a warning message in flashing red lights , making the audience aware that the following viewing is morbid , repetitious and extremely dreary and may be considered offensive in certain parts of the world, if they do that then they may not need to pay to much at all.
As for the NRL - 4 of top 5 programs, the world is there oyster. I seen on 60mintes, a few months back, they were saying because the rating were so high for the super bowl that advertisers had to pay millions for a 30 second add.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

NRL to finally take back the top billing as the highest money earner on TV, something Rupert and Kerry fought over just over 20 years ago, they knew back then what rated and what didn't.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
NRL to finally take back the top billing as the highest money earner on TV, something Rupert and Kerry fought over just over 20 years ago, they knew back then what rated and what didn't.
How will falling crowds affect them??
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Swans4ever wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
and tv ratings for two years in a row
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
the NRLOL is only half relevant today is thanks to Packer and Murdoch having their ego contest
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yeah that's why it's got more money, more players, more teams and more of everything since.

Stick to digging in the dirt dumbo.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Swans4ever wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Wtf do crowds have to do with TV money

:[]
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
and tv ratings for two years in a row

Still rating higher than your lot.

Funny thing is, 10 years ago, the vic afl ratings were twice as high as they are now almost, you don't hear anyone mentioning that now do you.

LOL
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

As we approach the era of direct streaming as the preferred choice to watch the game IMO TV ratings will decline for ALL codes meaning that the true test will be who's online streaming revenues are the greatest. I wonder who will really win this - no one seems to mention what the ratings are like for Foxtel and compare them with one another - it seems that free to air gets preference yet IMO it is a steadily declining medium who's relevance will continue to lessen with each passing year. Will RL people who tune into any match yet not purchase a membership pay to watch a match or will it be the reverse for AFL? Interesting times ahead!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Swans4ever wrote:
As we approach the era of direct streaming as the preferred choice to watch the game IMO TV ratings will decline for ALL codes meaning that the true test will be who's online streaming revenues are the greatest. I wonder who will really win this - no one seems to mention what the ratings are like for Foxtel and compare them with one another - it seems that free to air gets preference yet IMO it is a steadily declining medium who's relevance will continue to lessen with each passing year. Will RL people who tune into any match yet not purchase a membership pay to watch a match or will it be the reverse for AFL? Interesting times ahead!
I agree. The TV money wont continue to rise. Codes will invest in streaming and gain revenue directly from the audience rather than via the networks.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I think the 2 codes will be neck and neck.. as what wookie stated NRL has the content.
Judging what the NRL has done rejecting 1.5Bill from Channel 9 recently (only Speculation) which is most likely true.
They definitely think they will get more.

If NRL Expand with 2 extra teams, they will nudge the AFL but only Just.

1.75 Billion. is the Call.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Swans4ever wrote:

When they have let out of the bag what what is rating via streams, the NRL is kicking the afl's arse, and that's with the afl having over 12 months head start.