Any Sympathy for the Bali Nine?

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Any Sympathy for the Bali Nine?

Post by Beaussie »

Just wondering what others think on this issue. Personally, I have no sympathy for them. They knew the consequences (death penalty) of importing drugs into Bali.

There can be no denying they are guilty with footage showing the drugs strapped to themselves. So knowing what the Indonesian law is when it comes to drug trafficking, how can they now sob and plead the potential penalty is too harsh and expect not to be dealt with to the full extent of the law. Oh that's right, they're Australian and therefore don't deserve the same punishment dealt out to others under Indonesian law. :roll:

Silly people only have themselves to blame.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

I do, if they were forced into doing this because of threats made to their familes I would want this to be looked into. But for the life of me why did they not go to the Police? Also if the Police were taping and following them before why was this never picked up on by them?

If they are lying about the threats then let them hang!
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

No one deserves to be put to death by the state. The death penalty is a barbaric punishment whose time has well and truly passed.

It doesn't matter what the alleged crimes of those in Bali. They do not deserve to die.

They also should have been intercepted by Australian police on their arrival back in this country. I predict the surge in support for these people will be overwhelming for the Australian Govt if they are sentenced to death and if they are put to death than either Mick Keelty, Chris Ellison and/or John howard will lose their jobs!
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

It is a bit sickening watching these drug lords sob....but nowhewre near as sickening as watching Nick Reiwoldt sobbing after he injured his shoulder :lol: :lol: Seriously though he was crying way harder than people who are about to be shot :lol: What a pussy! :lol:

Personally I think beaussies right shoot the sons of bitches. Sure the death penalty is in the past in our culture but only bigheaded buffoons would try and claim it wrong in another cultures law. Shoot 'em down, they knew what was coming.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

What a well reasoned and clever contribution you just made KE :roll:
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Yeah i thought it was pretty intelligent too

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Did anyone catch Media Watch on ABC last night?

Fair dinkum, the parents of two of the Bali Nine sold their stories to Channel 9. The footage on A Current Affair was sickening.

The sister of one of the accussed actually said her brother had been offered money and a deal was done. My god how damning is that? Do they think the Indonesian judges wont have access to such TV footage? #-o

The father in one instance was blocking the rival networks from seeing anything through a window. The money he was paid obviously demanded exclusive access for Channel 9. Gees I would think if I was in the same situation, I'd want my father focussing his attention on me and not what other rival TV networks are doing at the window or what Channel 9 wants for its audience on A Current Affair.

How about the accussed going to the dentist and being ambused by the Channel 9 crew at the dentist. So much for the toothache, more probable that is was just a chance to get the TV crew access after Channel 9 had been caught earlier trying to sneak into the jail (posing of course as family).

Don't these families realise that their exclusive deals with cheque book journalists at Channel 9 is doing their childrens defence no favours. :roll:

If you're interested, check out the full transcript here:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transc ... 357607.htm

Channel 9 and these families make me sick. I've lost all respect for Ray Martin too.