Sydney Stadiums Plan

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
BruceOfRedfernNSW
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Sydney Swans AFL
Been liked: 0

Re: Sydney Stadiums Plan

Post by BruceOfRedfernNSW »

For comparison:

The AFL has a cash income (from TV rights) of $1178m over 5 years, or $235m per year.

The AFL has no fixed outgoings to clubs because the clubs receive strong cash inflows from high game attendance's: ticket sales, etc.

So the AFL has a lot of freedom to fund expansion clubs.

This, by the way, is why good crowds attending games make for financially healthy clubs.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

BruceOfRedfernNSW wrote:
I'm not sure the NRL can expand, Leeroy.

I'm going to crunch some numbers here. I' m not an expert on this (Wookie knows more about this than me), but I'll have a crack and do my best.

The NRL receives a cash inflow of $925m over 5 years. That's annual income amounting to $185m per year.

They dispense $7.5m per year to each club. That' an annual outgoing of $120m.

Balance remaining each year, $65m.

That $65m is really stretched supporting the very weak clubs: Titans, Knights; and Wests and StGeorge (I think).

It costs about $20m per year to start and properly resource a new football club.

Now we are beginning to get a ballpark idea of the financial restraints inhibited the NRL's expansion plans.

I will humbly stand corrected if other posters can produce a better Income & Expense Statement than my effort.
If the NRL can see benefit in expansion-
for example introducing another Brisbane team ads value to the Tv Broadcast it most definitely will.
David Gyngel stated in 2012 said another Brisbane team would ad 100million to the tv broadcast.

NRL DEAL A$1.025 billion A$925 million in cash and A$100 million in contributed benefits ("contra")
This Excludes Digital Telstra $75million and NZ $100mill Radio (unknown)
which gives you a figure of 1.2Bilion.

AFL DEAL A$1.253 billion of which A$1.18 billion is in cash and the rest in contra
this includes DIgital Radio / everything in deal.

Yes AFL get more in gate takings and revenue per year.

But if the NRL can increase the Tv Broadcast and extras by just say 300million (which should be no problem)

they can easy fund 2 expansion sides.

The Two Deals are very similar.
and very interesting times ahead
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

BruceOfRedfernNSW wrote:
For comparison:

The AFL has a cash income (from TV rights) of $1178m over 5 years, or $235m per year.

The AFL has no fixed outgoings to clubs because the clubs receive strong cash inflows from high game attendance's: ticket sales, etc.

So the AFL has a lot of freedom to fund expansion clubs.

This, by the way, is why good crowds attending games make for financially healthy clubs.

:(/ :_<> :lol:

You dribbling ******

The NRL has banked 100 million in profits in the last 2 years
3 times more then the vflol :cool:
The vflol has clubs failing everywhere despite money being pumped into these failing organizations

Its the vflol that has hit its limits of expansion
It has nowhere else to go
Its done :cool:

The NRL will obtain a 2 billion media rights deal from 2018 & annual revenues of up to 600 million a year :wink:
By the end of 2017 it will have 200-250 million in the bank for expansion :wave:
We have 8 different bid teams looking to join the NRL
Our options for expansion are wide & varied .. near endless
what an exciting time for RL :\:

One code is on the move
&
Its not yours wanker :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

why are NRL crowds dropping then raiderdick? :?>

The last 2 years have seen a decrease in NRL home and away attendance, yet it is even more dire this year. After 9 rounds last year the NRL averaged 17143, then of course the arse falls out of crowds during origin. However, after the first 9 rounds this year the NRL average only 15604, with origin still to come! Care to explain how this translates to a code on the move? Did you mean moving backwards?? :(/

Meanwhile the AFL are up in crowds compared to the same time last year, which just happened to be their second year of crowd growth in a row. :\:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Xman wrote:

The last 2 years have seen a decrease in NRL home and away attendance, yet it is even more dire this year. After 9 rounds last year the NRL averaged 17143, then of course the arse falls out of crowds during origin. However, after the first 9 rounds this year the NRL average only 15604, with origin still to come! Care to explain how this translates to a code on the move? Did you mean moving backwards?? :(/

Meanwhile the AFL are up in crowds compared to the same time last year, which just happened to be their second year of crowd growth in a row. :\:

Over the last 15 years Crowds in the NRL have pretty much stayed the same, not much Growth.

But the Game It self has EXPLODED for example Tv Rights, exposure, income, sponsorship. etc etc.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:

Over the last 15 years Crowds in the NRL have pretty much stayed the same, not much Growth.

But the Game It self has EXPLODED for example Tv Rights, exposure, income, sponsorship. etc etc.
all codes have increased their revenue over the last 15 years you plonk, mainly due to TV revenue. However thats where it ends for the NRL, their sponsorship, membership and gate receipts pale in comparison to the AFL
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Xman wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:

all codes have increased their revenue over the last 15 years you plonk, mainly due to TV revenue. However thats where it ends for the NRL, their sponsorship, membership and gate receipts pale in comparison to the AFL

You complete ******.

I was stating that there crowds have stayed the same over the last decade.
However the NRL is heading in the right direction to everything Else they are doing.

Go back to your BUBBLE
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:

They rose last year u stupid ch.u.n.t as has been explained many times in many threads

Do try n keep up fucktard :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:

Hmmm :-k
Tell me u dribbling ******

Has any code increased theirs by 400% in 10 years ?

Ours will have by 2018 :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

They rose last year u stupid ch.u.n.t as has been explained many times in many threads

not the home and away crowds. And this year has dropped substantially
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:

Hmmm :-k
Tell me u dribbling ******

Has any code increased theirs by 400% in 10 years ?

Ours will have by 2018 :cool:
until then, fuck off
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:

You complete ******.

However the NRL is heading in the right direction to everything Else they are doing.

Go back to your BUBBLE
theyre still miles behind on almost everything
leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Xman wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Xman wrote:

You complete ******.

Go back to your BUBBLE
theyre still miles behind on almost everything
Mate! Go to town & quote every fact and figute to prove your point, but they wont believe you and just scream liar & deflect & attempt to insult you.
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power

Post by docker24 »

Speaking of crowds.

Loved the NRL attendance in Sydney tonight. I am a roosters fan and happy to see them steamroll the doggies However what I also noticed Two Sydney sides head to head on a fine Friday night only managed to pull 17000 thousand loled. So much for Sydney being the heartland of RL. Time and time again we constantly see these poor crowd figures. Many funny enough are Sydney derbies.

The new kids on the block last week in RL heartland got close to tonight's figure. Quite embrassing really.

Also isn't the bulldogs the second most followed team in Sydney and third or fourth in the NRL? Their supporters don't like to go to games? Waste their weekly dole checks on kebabs and modifations on their cars.
EST. 1870
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

not the home and away crowds. And this year has dropped substantially
overall crowds went up
& this years will too :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million