wanderers to get new stadium built(35k)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: wanderers to get new stadium built(35k)

Post by sydneyfc »

post_hoc wrote:
I guess the 4 raiders fans will make a huge difference at an eels game lol

But going to be interesting to see what an eels game will average at ANZ when they don't give the other team free entry
they only play 2 games there for a reason, their average at parramatta is worse than the wanderers and will get dwarfed by wsw this season, if the stadium gets demolished then both teams will have to play all their games at anz and wsw will absolute smash them at that ground

paraplastics worst nightmare :lol:
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

As we play significantly more games at Parramatta than the eels, I would suggest we could be the major tenant, I suppose red and black seats won't sit well with the eels I wonder what the compromise will be.

Sad tending might be nice for the RBB end.

Oh my only request, a bloody huge statue of Ante Covic out front, I would love an arch that says welcome to Wanderland, it's like a kid at Christmas time
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Simon Hill on Fox Sports

Fox Sports wrote:
Sorry AFL, Sydney west won’t be won
Western Sydney Wanderers’ Asian Champions League success a real ‘turbo charge’ for football
Simon Hill FOX SPORTS November 04, 2014 8:46AM

FORMER FFA CEO Ben Buckley once said hosting the 2022 World Cup would put a “turbo charge” into the growth of football in Australia.

As we all know, that particular venture didn’t turn out the way everyone hoped - and, (as has often been the case for the game here), it seemed at one point, the bid even had the potential to explode in our own face.

But the term has been recycled on a few occasions - notably Alessandro del Piero’s arrival at Sydney FC - and it’s probably apt to use it again to describe the latest shot in the arm for football; Western Sydney Wanderers Asian Champions League success at the weekend.

Fans of other clubs around Australia may not appreciate it, but the obsession with the Wanderers has little to do with any perceived “Sydney bias” - and much more to do with social trends, and their subsequent impact, both economically, and culturally.

Western Sydney currently has a population of over two million - it’s almost the size of Brisbane - and by 2030, that figure is expected to grow to three million. To cope with this huge influx, the region is expected to benefit from more than $2 billion in redevelopment over the next decade, creating around 65,000 jobs.

Central to those plans are a new airport at Badgerys Creek, and potentially, a new North West rail link.

Little wonder then, with such a burgeoning population and accompanying infrastructure, sporting clubs are scrambling over each other to try and align themselves with the region. It’s a battle for hearts and minds that has many millions of dollars at stake for those who are successful, not just in gate receipts, but sponsorship, advertising and television rights deals.

The media - at least the Sydney-based element of it - has long since realised this, and one of the major benefits of the Wanderers rise has been a noticeable increase in football coverage in the city’s newspapers, TV networks and radio programmes. The inner city types who liked football could once be dismissed as latte-sipping liberals, scared to play the “real” sport of the city. But ignore the choices of the west at your peril - and the west has spoken.

It’s also why - rather oddly - the name of the GWS Giants has featured in much of the post-Champions League dialogue. AFL planted its flag in the ground just before the arrival of the Wanderers, but has found itself swamped by the west’s more natural inclination towards the round ball, regularly replenished by migration from football-loving countries.

All of which led to the - barely believable - suggestion from AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan, that the two codes should co-operate, to ensure mutual growth.

As some at FFA would no doubt tell you, the day AFL co-operates in the spirit of magnanimity with any code, is the day hell will freeze over.

So, what the Wanderers ACL success does, is further cement their place at the centre of western Sydney sporting life, along with Rugby League. AFL may just have to accept this is one sporting war they cannot win.

But aside of point-scoring against the other codes, the Wanderers win turbo-charges the debate on infrastructure growth for the club, and the game. The conversation is already under way regarding stadium expansion (or reconstruction), in Parramatta. The Wanderers, and football, have real bargaining power - especially now they will represent Australia on the world stage at the FIFA Club World Cup.

This is a welcome development, after decades when football was treated as the poor relation - further evidenced by the building of AAMI Park, largely on the back of Melbourne Victory’s eye-popping success.

Maybe it has also opened a few corporate eyes too, particularly for businesses whose natural impulse is to lean towards investment in other sports. TV audience figures for the ACL Final are expected to top 90 million Asia-wide - numbers that are hugely attractive to companies seeking to sell their wares in some of Australia’s biggest trading markets. Similarly, the Champions League story helps sell the narrative of the Asian Cup on home soil in January.

But more than anything else, Wanderers win illustrates the simplistic beauty of football. That a team can be set up in six months, and become Asian champions in less than three years is incredible. Talk about turbo-charged success.

The way the Wanderers won it may not be pleasing to the eye, and owe more to hard work, organisation & sheer will than any sporting aesthetic - but then, those values are often held up as being entirely representative of the western Sydney region. It should be no surprise they have taken the club to their hearts so quickly.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Hill is a ******, how can he go on mentioning afl like it has any presence in the city, ignore rl more or less, yet say
So, what the Wanderers ACL success does, is further cement their place at the centre of western Sydney sporting life, along with Rugby League.
finished with
The inner city types who liked football could once be dismissed as latte-sipping liberals, scared to play the “real” sport of the city. But ignore the choices of the west at your peril - and the west has spoken.

So soccer isn't the real sport of Sydney but it is.

What an absolute fail of an article, make up your mind and stick with it, but before that, have a look at some history and some stats from both code you dopey ***** and you'll see that it is indeed West Sydney that has dominated RL in Sydney for half a fucking century and when they were,'t dominating, other parts of the city were.

What an idiot..
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Hill is a ******, how can he go on mentioning afl like it has any presence in the city, ignore rl more or less, yet say
So, what the Wanderers ACL success does, is further cement their place at the centre of western Sydney sporting life, along with Rugby League.
finished with
The inner city types who liked football could once be dismissed as latte-sipping liberals, scared to play the “real” sport of the city. But ignore the choices of the west at your peril - and the west has spoken.

So soccer isn't the real sport of Sydney but it is.

What an absolute fail of an article, make up your mind and stick with it, but before that, have a look at some history and some stats from both code you dopey ***** and you'll see that it is indeed West Sydney that has dominated RL in Sydney for half a fucking century and when they were,'t dominating, other parts of the city were.

What an idiot..
m4dbr0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good onya simon, stick the boot right in baby! soccer has conquered rugby league in.....
melbourne
perth
adelaide
central coast
wellington

and now

sydney

god it feels good to be on top :afro:
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Parra

Sorry but football dominates West Sydney, all statistics show that more people play Football than Rugby League
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

You two are mad in the head.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Crazy hooligans
Last season WSW had an average in WS for oi league games that was less than EELS..

But don't let the truth get in the way of your bullshit.

Participation wise yes .
Never a question .
Most kids start out with the SOFTER option of sokka .
Those that like a harder physical game move to RL.

.geez you mob are having a bad run lately & fuckin hell the BBL hasn't even started yet.
You mob will be on suicide watch.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

post_hoc wrote:
Parra

Sorry but football dominates West Sydney, all statistics show that more people play Football than Rugby League
:cheers:
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

sydneyfc wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Parra

:cheers:
They hate that one don't they
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Everything else RL dominates.

Oh, and seeing as touch tag and all the rest are coming back under the RL banner, I think you might have to shut up about participation shortly ;)

Btw, what did the almighty asian champions rate on Aussie TV, I haven't seen a figure yet?

But of course, if the ratings were any fucking good, you clowns and your dopey little mates would've spammed the board and any other place you types infest. So what did the champions of Asia rate on Aussie TV?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Which team had the higher average in WS last yr .
The EELS in the NRL .
Or .
The hooligan sokka team in the oi league?

Bet the sokka boys won't answer this .

🤣
Xman wrote
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Answered many times idiot, parra eels numbers inflated by counting ANZ games where opposition supporters get in free lol

parra stadium average Wanderers win easy.

I'll ask you this why are ANZ figures so much higher, where do all those people go for Parra Stadium games?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

im surprised no one has even mentioned junior rl passes either

if you're apart of a junior club you get a pass card that allows you to go to any regular season game for any team in sydney, all year round for 18 and unders, i got 1 every year from 7 to 18

but i guess since RL participation is so low, below table tennis even, i guess they don't see that as an advantage since not enough kids are playing rl in the first place :(
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

post_hoc wrote:
Answered many times idiot, parra eels numbers inflated by counting ANZ games where opposition supporters get in free lol

parra stadium average Wanderers win easy.

I'll ask you this why are ANZ figures so much higher, where do all those people go for Parra Stadium games?
Lol.deflection alert.
In WS the Eels had a higher average than hooligan ball.
Deal with it..

But but but but but but but but but but but.
Lol.

🤣
Xman wrote