Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 50 times

Is This The Solution For The Waratahs?

Post by Beaussie »

Waratahs employ full-time shrink
Tuesday, November 23, 2004
http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles/
2004/11/22/1100972324574.html

The NSW Waratahs have signed up a fulltime sports psychologist as the perennial underachievers seek to exorcise their mental demons in next year's Super 12 rugby competition.

The Tahs have been masters of disappointment in the competition, regularly raising the hopes of fans with strong early season form only to get the wobbles later.

They have reached the semi-finals only once in nine attempts, in 2002 when they were promptly smashed 51-10 by the ACT Brumbies at Aussie Stadium, and last year's campaign was yet another example of what could have been.

The Waratahs started with a flourish but failed to make the final four after dropping a 21-point lead against a 14-man Highlanders side at home the week before losing in the final round to Queensland.

Coach Ewen McKenzie felt the team needed a "full-time presence" in sports psychologist Phillip Fowler.

The Tahs certainly have been disappointing. Full of promise each season, yet failing when it matters most. Will a sports psychologist assist in bringing success to the Tahs?
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Is This The Solution For The Waratahs?

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Beaussie wrote:
Waratahs employ full-time shrink
Tuesday, November 23, 2004
http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles/
2004/11/22/1100972324574.html

The NSW Waratahs have signed up a fulltime sports psychologist as the perennial underachievers seek to exorcise their mental demons in next year's Super 12 rugby competition.

The Tahs have been masters of disappointment in the competition, regularly raising the hopes of fans with strong early season form only to get the wobbles later.

They have reached the semi-finals only once in nine attempts, in 2002 when they were promptly smashed 51-10 by the ACT Brumbies at Aussie Stadium, and last year's campaign was yet another example of what could have been.

The Waratahs started with a flourish but failed to make the final four after dropping a 21-point lead against a 14-man Highlanders side at home the week before losing in the final round to Queensland.

Coach Ewen McKenzie felt the team needed a "full-time presence" in sports psychologist Phillip Fowler.

The Tahs certainly have been disappointing. Full of promise each season, yet failing when it matters most. Will a sports psychologist assist in bringing success to the Tahs?
They need all the they can get im afraid. They as well try and see how it works for them.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

All they need to do is show videos of how the Qld Reds used to carve them up in the 80's and beyond, despite the Tahs always having the better of Australian representatives selected from their team.

I almost used to feel sorry for them - although now I believe that they have turned the corner and I'm predicting a successful year ahead for them!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
I almost used to feel sorry for them - although now I believe that they have turned the corner and I'm predicting a successful year ahead for them!
Unfortunately for the Tahs and their supporters, that is the prediction every season.