Ticket prices for AFL v NRL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Ticket prices for AFL v NRL

Post by Xman »

For too long Dave has peddled the absurd excuse that AFL crowds are larger because the ticket prices are dirt cheap. So its time to settle this once and for all with a comparison:

NRL:
Game: Bulldogs v Sharks http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Sh ... xpgG_mSyAl
Venue: ANZ stadium
Prices for GA: adult $25, Child $10, Family (4): $50
Prices for Category 1: adult $45, Child $25, Family: $95

AFL:
Game: Richmond v Carlton http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... xpjsvmSyAk
Venue: MCG
Prices for GA: adult $25, Child $5, Family: $50
Prices for category 1: adult $60, Child $20, Family: $149

AFL:
Game: C Eagles v Bulldogs http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/simonds-stadium
Venue: Simonds stadium
Prices for GA: adult $30.75, child $3.90, Family NA
Prices for Category 1: adult $84.75, child $34.70, Family NA

So it looks like the AFL tickets are actually significantly more expensive on average.

Any comments Dave??? :wave:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Re: Ticket prices for AFL v NRL

Post by Swans4ever »

He like most of his comments are fairly meaningless really!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Faced with facts, Dave goes missing. To be expected I guess.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Choice quotes aye bro, yet you missed most of the real info as usual.

I won't bother posting it because it will fall on deaf dumb and stupid ears here.

Morons.

Just have a look at the prices quoted for last Thursday nights game at ANZ over at LU, that tells the real price, idiot!
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Choice quotes aye bro, yet you missed most of the real info as usual.

I won't bother posting it because it will fall on deaf dumb and stupid ears here.

Morons.

Just have a look at the prices quoted for last Thursday nights game at ANZ over at LU, that tells the real price, idiot!
What are you on about? I went to the respective websites and got the figures for comparisons. I even linked the pages. If you can show me where the NRL tickets are more expensive then be my guest.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Have a look at LU where people were being charged $70 for a start!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Have a look at LU where people were being charged $70 for a start!
LU, now thats a great reliable source..... :shock:

They were talking about category 1 anyway, and the AFL games in Perth are still more expensive than that.

Add to that the ticket prices I showed on the links were repeated for every game I clicked on. Maybe they were more expensive for walk up patrons, but the AFL may also be too.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yes it is when they are the ppl getting charged those prices to go to the fucking games.

Thursday nights are shithouse for sport in Sydney esp when you have 2 teams playing so far away from their heartlands.

No problem for Thursday night games when it's a public holiday the next day, no problem at all, but who in their right mind is going to take their children to a game that kicks off at 10 past 8 at night when they have school the next day, what about the people that actually have jobs? (yes yes no excuse for souffs fans here) but it's not very practical is it?

Channel 9 is at fault here, they wanted two live games this round for some reason, so why not put one on a Friday night as usual and put a big game on on a Saturday night? Why wouldn't ch 9 make sure the Storm got a home game this week and beam it live into Melbourne when there is no AFL games on for a week or two?

Plain dumb, so dumb it makes you wonder what their agenda is. Yet they pay all that money for the game only to keep c0cking it up, is it on purpose or are they that incompetent?

Really, answer that last one, are they plain dumb, or is it an agenda, I'm fucked if I know.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Yes it is when they are the ppl getting charged those prices to go to the fucking games.

Thursday nights are shithouse for sport in Sydney esp when you have 2 teams playing so far away from their heartlands.

No problem for Thursday night games when it's a public holiday the next day, no problem at all, but who in their right mind is going to take their children to a game that kicks off at 10 past 8 at night when they have school the next day, what about the people that actually have jobs? (yes yes no excuse for souffs fans here) but it's not very practical is it?

Channel 9 is at fault here, they wanted two live games this round for some reason, so why not put one on a Friday night as usual and put a big game on on a Saturday night? Why wouldn't ch 9 make sure the Storm got a home game this week and beam it live into Melbourne when there is no AFL games on for a week or two?

Plain dumb, so dumb it makes you wonder what their agenda is. Yet they pay all that money for the game only to keep c0cking it up, is it on purpose or are they that incompetent?

Really, answer that last one, are they plain dumb, or is it an agenda, I'm fucked if I know.
again, comparable to last year, and well under.

Dave's claims are not about single games, theyre for the entire competition, and theyve been shown to be completely wrong. In fact the AFL is MORE expensive to attend, not less.

And the NRL can blame themselves for Thursday night footy. They sold control of the schedule to ch9 who are going to schedule as many games as possible in prime time. Therefore more Thursday night games.

And for the storm, why would ch9 want live storm into Melbourne when they rate so poorly? Charity?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Very good post - I see and agree with your observations re channel 9. In this day and age how does a professional organisation like the NRL be dictated to by channel 9?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Because they had to get rid of the first and last rights, if they didn't, it would've went on for another 20-30 years. Best to suffer for another 4 and be done with them, sell to 10 next time and stuff 9 unless they play ball.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Still, it stinks and 9 couldn't run a bar in a brothel.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Because they had to get rid of the first and last rights, if they didn't, it would've went on for another 20-30 years. Best to suffer for another 4 and be done with them, sell to 10 next time and stuff 9 unless they play ball.
Maybe instead of trying desperately to compete with the AFLs deal, and basking in the glory of an annual 50mil profit, they should have taken channel 10s offer and kept control of their own fixture.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Wonder where RD is strangely quiet!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
For too long Dave has peddled the absurd excuse that AFL crowds are larger because the ticket prices are dirt cheap. So its time to settle this once and for all with a comparison:

NRL:
Game: Bulldogs v Sharks http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Sh ... xpgG_mSyAl
Venue: ANZ stadium
Prices for GA: adult $25, Child $10, Family (4): $50
Prices for Category 1: adult $45, Child $25, Family: $95

AFL:
Game: Richmond v Carlton http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... xpjsvmSyAk
Venue: MCG
Prices for GA: adult $25, Child $5, Family: $50
Prices for category 1: adult $60, Child $20, Family: $149

AFL:
Game: C Eagles v Bulldogs http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/simonds-stadium
Venue: Simonds stadium
Prices for GA: adult $30.75, child $3.90, Family NA
Prices for Category 1: adult $84.75, child $34.70, Family NA

So it looks like the AFL tickets are actually significantly more expensive on average.

Any comments Dave??? :wave:
yes
VFL

cheap as chips as the above shows :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol: