Which comp is higher quality?

Discussion about grassroots football and regional footy leagues.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 0

Re: Which comp is higher quality?

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Dem's fightin words!! :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

Quite right, TLPG. There was no Division 2 in the CAFL when I was there from 2006 to 2010 and I'll take your word for it on the 2012 commencement. There is certainly one now.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Just checked the net because I played in what I knew as div 2 and therefore know both cracker and TLPG are wrong regarding their was no second tier comp in alice springs prior to 2012/2010. All I could find is the following link where in 2008 it was not termed div 2 but "reserves". They mention five town teams and another five town teams in a reserves comp during 2008 so unfortunately for TLPG and cracker this proves their above statements completely incorrect. Reserves/Div 2, I meant this as the same.

So I guess I played in the reserves. Perhaps the comp has improved since then as I do notice much of the restructure was developed around improving the quality of the comp. It was noted that the 'pool' of quality players was too small/spread too thin in the link I provide and this further supports my knowledge above LG's and crackers. I am happy to discuss the quality of the comp further though because we are going back some years, however I know prior to 2007 the comp looked to be nowhere near the standard of the Sydney comp at the same time. It is also mentioned in the comments on the link I provide that Alice Springs comp is about the same as a good country vic div 2 league (2008)...not sure how that rates compared to the Sydney comp and I guess TLPG wont be able to help here either given his rash ill informed statements re the Sydney comp in this thread. Anyone else can give us a comparison??

Guys, TLPG and Cracker, if you just wanna lie or just make stuff up to contradict for selfish reasons may I suggest you go muck around the fight club? There's people in there, generally from the afl persuasion, who seem to get their kicks out of that sort of posting in there and it seems to be ok for the relaxed discussion that takes place there. But I think these boards are for more serious, knowledge and evidence based debate rather than your own selfish narrow perspective on things. I mean, we're on the same side in here right?

That'd be great if you two could change your tune now in here or otherwise just leave the thread to those who can contribute properly and factually. Thanks.

:>::

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/a ... ck.397611/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

No I'm not wrong, because if you had the sort of knowledge that I have you would have known the DIFFERENCE between Division 2 and Reserves! Yes there is a difference! Don't call it the same thing because it's NOT!

And don't forget - you started this thread to try and change the field of the original point. And that point was NOT the difference in quality between the CAFL seniors and the Sydnay AFL Premier Division. It was the difference (or lack thereof in your opinion) between CAFL Reserves and Sydney AFL Division 5! Or even Division 4! And we've already established that there is a heck of a difference, therefore you could not possibly have played in the CAFL!

Now you mentioned a comparison between the CAFL seniors and a good country Vic league. There I agree with you - and guess what else compares? The main league in the Riverina. Now a few years ago the Riverina and the Sydney AFL (as it was then and not now) reguarly met in interleague matches. And at the time the Riverina regularly WON!! Explain THAT!!

Now today it's possible that the SAFL Premier Division has improved, given that an effort has been made to bring in better players thanks to the Hills Eagles and Sydney Uni putting teams into the NEAFL. They had to because they couldn't have been competitive otherwise. But we aren't talking about now. We're talking about when you were in Alice Springs.

So don't diss my so-called lack of knowledge. The practical stats don't support you in history - my forte. So the person who needs to change their tune is you. You're the one who is making things up. And as far as TFC goes, I'm not going back there. I'm done, even when something "needs to be said". And no - we are not on the same side. You are an NRL fan trying to claim an AFL credo, and failing.

Hey, NRLC! You forgot! "Of course you know, this means war!" :D :D :D :D :D
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

No I didn't, TLPG, because that wasn't exclusive to Bugs! :P
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
No I'm not wrong, because if you had the sort of knowledge that I have you would have known the DIFFERENCE between Division 2 and Reserves! Yes there is a difference! Don't call it the same thing because it's NOT!

And don't forget - you started this thread to try and change the field of the original point. And that point was NOT the difference in quality between the CAFL seniors and the Sydnay AFL Premier Division. It was the difference (or lack thereof in your opinion) between CAFL Reserves and Sydney AFL Division 5! Or even Division 4! And we've already established that there is a heck of a difference, therefore you could not possibly have played in the CAFL!

Now you mentioned a comparison between the CAFL seniors and a good country Vic league. There I agree with you - and guess what else compares? The main league in the Riverina. Now a few years ago the Riverina and the Sydney AFL (as it was then and not now) reguarly met in interleague matches. And at the time the Riverina regularly WON!! Explain THAT!!

Now today it's possible that the SAFL Premier Division has improved, given that an effort has been made to bring in better players thanks to the Hills Eagles and Sydney Uni putting teams into the NEAFL. They had to because they couldn't have been competitive otherwise. But we aren't talking about now. We're talking about when you were in Alice Springs.

So don't diss my so-called lack of knowledge. The practical stats don't support you in history - my forte. So the person who needs to change their tune is you. You're the one who is making things up. And as far as TFC goes, I'm not going back there. I'm done, even when something "needs to be said". And no - we are not on the same side. You are an NRL fan trying to claim an AFL credo, and failing.

Hey, NRLC! You forgot! "Of course you know, this means war!" :D :D :D :D :D
Dear Lordy TLPG this whole post is poorly written and put together. It barely touches the topic at hand and most of it reads like a year 3 student patting themselves on the back after the teacher said they did good work. Incredibly self indulgent stuff. You should think about your behaviour in here matey.

For this reason I'll not bother addressing the majority of it but instead say, ''well done LG, you've done some good work'', albeit largely irrelevant to this thread and the point, which I'll address again for you now.

1. The original point was always regarding the quality of the two comps, division for division. You will not link anything backing up your ridiculous suggestion that div 5 and CAFL reserves were of the same quality because I never said that. So please go back to TFC if you just wanna make shit up ok TLPG?

Until you can speak on here without lying you really don't belong. Ok? Otherwise please be my guest and link to where I made the statement which you put forward and I'll acknowledge it was my bad ;)

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

That's right, KE. Run away from the challenges I made based in fact. That means that YOU are the liar.

I NEVER suggested that you directly stated that Division 5 SAFL and CAFL reserves were the same quality. My point was and is that your knowledge (or lack thereof) of the game - plus the way your broken wrist was handled - means that you could not have played any higher than Division 5. This means that you could NOT have played CAFL reserves because they ARE of different standard! And yet you claim you have!

As for the rest, it was very much on topic because it goes to competition quality. Except what I said to NRLC of course but that's beside the point. So argue the points I made - or admit that I know a lot more about it than you think and shut up!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I must say that I do recall the Riverina FL playing some very good football, and them playing the Sydney AFL although I can not say that I recall the results.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:

I NEVER suggested that you directly stated that Division 5 SAFL and CAFL reserves were the same quality. My point was and is that your knowledge (or lack thereof) of the game - plus the way your broken wrist was handled - means that you could not have played any higher than Division 5. This means that you could NOT have played CAFL reserves because they ARE of different standard! And yet you claim you have!
:lol:

Soo ahh lemme get this straight. Your point is based on your assumption about an event you have very little knowledge of. :| Wow Typical TLPG! :_<> Way to let yourself down man.

Seriously champ you've piled one assumption on top of the other to make out as though I play div 5 and that therefore I couldn't have made the CAFL reserve squad. It's quite pathetic and you really should be more of a man and admit you are fabricating reality here.

You clearly know nothing of the injury I actually did not succumb to, but played on with. You weren't there nor have asked about it. My hand wasn't dangling from the break, there are many types of fractures silly.
You clearly don't know how amateur footy clubs operate in regards to injury. Yes there's policy which you seem to understand but you know nothing of the grey areas i.e when players play on, nor do you show any inclination of trying to understand.

Its a real shame you make such wild assumptions and accusations. Its not really in the spirit of contributing to the forum. Try and change your tune a bit mate.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cracker wrote:
I must say that I do recall the Riverina FL playing some very good football, and them playing the Sydney AFL although I can not say that I recall the results.
Hmm that's a pity cracker. What years are you talking about?

I still stand by my words that in my experience, when I went from playing reserves/div 2 whatever you want to call it, and watching div 1/seniors in the CAFL and then playing a season for usyd that I saw a marked improvement in the quality of training and match play in the syd comp, division for division.

I mean even if you haven't had my experience, you'd have to agree that the pure numbers support what im saying. While Alice Springs are right into their footy, the town has a pop of approx. 30k and a small five team comp as opposed to all the Victorian expats and their offspring who live in sydney, along with other talent living in a city of 4million playing in a comp which has many more than 5 teams.

The quality is better and TLPG ought to acknowledge real lived experience as opposed to his own assumptions as to how things are/were.

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

From around 2000 to 2005 as I recall. Certainly no more recent as I moved to the Alice in 2006.

But on the quality now, you're missing the point that TLPG is making. He is stating that you played Division 5 in Sydney, and you admit that there is a marked difference between Division 5 Sydney and CAFL reserves. The only way out of this dispute is to identify the division that you did play in Sydney and provide whatever proof you can without breaching your own privacy. TLPG makes a very strong argument the ways injuries are handled. A professional group of trainers wouldn't have let you play on with an injury. It's possible in Division 5 that the trainers were not professionals.

Do you see the issue now?

I don't think there's any dispute that Sydney AFL at the top has improved and I don't see TLPG disputing this.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh geez common cracker.

The issue is TLPG is making shit up. I never have played div 5 in Sydney cracker. So therefore LG's point is completely invalid. i.e. because I never played div 5, I never made any suggestion that div 5 in Sydney is the same quality as the CAFL. It's TLPGs own dumb assumption, which he has developed from his jealousy and an incorrect analysis of an onfield hand injury and subsequent happenings which he has next to NO knowledge of.

It's farcical and I would hope you'd have the common sense to see this cracker.

Try this on for size you two.

Looks like mitch robinson's AFL club trainers allowed him to play on with a broken hand. Are you pair insinuating that amateur footy in Sydney division 2 has a higher standard of trainers and for protecting players with injuries? :_<>

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 6422926243

You guys really need to get out in the real world of footy more rather than reading about boring stuff on line so much :wink: You'll then get a scope. just my advice :)

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Premium content that prevents viewing. Well done, KE. That means that a proper check can't be done on what really happened with Mitch Robinson in full detail.

You are the liar, KE, and I've called you out on it. The injury story was simply to back up to what I already knew. You don't have the knowledge of the game to be able to play any higher than Division 5 or Division 4 at best. Division 2? No way. Impossible. You don't understand the game well enough to be able to cope there. You've demonstrated that time and time again on this forum as a whole.

This is all about you big noting yourself, trying to make yourself look important. You are a class A1 failure and it's about time you admitted it.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

[quote=""TLPG"]there is no way you (KE) would play any higher than Division 5...it's at that level and only that level that...breaking your wrist could possibly have happened... There's no way professional trainers like those in the NEAFL or even Premier Division would have allowed you to play on![/quote]

CARLTON warrior Mitch Robinson has been playing with a broken hand.

Robinson, 23, suffered the break in his right hand in the Round 12 loss to West Coast and has been playing through the pain since.

The hard-at-it midfielder has refused to become another injury statistic at Visy Park.

Robinson hurt himself in the second quarter of the Eagles game when playing in the midfield, but told coach Brett Ratten he would "do a job" for him in the forward line after having a glove fitted.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6422926243

Ohhhh you've done it now LG! Exposed biatch! :lol: :_<>

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I didn't even know my wrist was broken, thought it was just a minor sprain so I didn't really need to tell my coach id "do a job" for him....I just did! :lol:

Ohhhhh LG you gottsa to be jealous now :lol:

xman wrote: