Sydney Swans are dickheads as well!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Sydney Swans are dickheads as well!

Post by Grim Reaper »

Why are they all are bunch of losers? Easy last Grand Final win was in 1933 when it was the VFL! Have had all these years head start and a team of Grims from Port come along and get a flag in 7 years! Now that in the words of the dickhead Ray Warren is what makes heroes!
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Yes, they are indeed a very sad, unfortunate club. Until they get rid of Roos they haven't got a hope of winning a flag! The man has no passion or emotion - he sits in the coaches box during a game and it looks like he's watching a soap opera not coaching a footy game.

He needs a touch of mongrel to get the best out of his team, something he was lacking as a player as well.

Stand by for another dissapointing year swannies - the Lions will give you a touch up on Saturday for starters! :lol:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yes they will be fighting for the wooden spoon with Collingwood! Why do they even bother to play?

Their supporters are not passionate, many are bandwagon jumpers, live in the Eastern Suburbs and drive 4wds. None of them do not know that the guy that control the game is called and umpire and not a ref and do not even punch up the oppostion supporters outside the ground! You call that a footy team?
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by SBR »

Sydney have found it hard with crowd numbers ever since they formed into the actual club "Sydney Swans", i think there lack of premierships also has to do with lack of support to the club, therefore losing lack of quality footballers in Sydney. Obviously a club cannot just relying on getting players through trading, they have to have some good youth coming through in their own state.

We are seeing a more rejuvinated Sydney lately and quite frankly i don't beleive they are going anywhere this season, will still be up their fighting for a spot in the eight.
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

For a Crow supporter that makes a lot of sense....pity the Power will maul you on the weekend though.....but that's life!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

SBR wrote:
Sydney have found it hard with crowd numbers ever since they formed into the actual club "Sydney Swans", i think there lack of premierships also has to do with lack of support to the club, therefore losing lack of quality footballers in Sydney. Obviously a club cannot just relying on getting players through trading, they have to have some good youth coming through in their own state.

We are seeing a more rejuvinated Sydney lately and quite frankly i don't beleive they are going anywhere this season, will still be up their fighting for a spot in the eight.
I look forward to every season with a new sense of hope. It's only round 2, however I already feel like we'll just scrap in the 8 and bomb out as usual.

Sometimes I really hate following this shithouse club. 1933. Fair Dinkum. :(
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by SBR »

I understand what you mean, that would really suck... all i can say is there your team and stick with them. If supporters beleive in there club and stick with them no matter what, then eventually they will produce the goods. The main thing a team should look for is getting more supporters to be as such, the more faith for a team the better.
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

SBR wrote:
I understand what you mean, that would really suck... all i can say is there your team and stick with them. If supporters beleive in there club and stick with them no matter what, then eventually they will produce the goods. The main thing a team should look for is getting more supporters to be as such, the more faith for a team the better.
As much as I hate the club and players at times, I'd never turn my back on the Swans (even when the 2nd Sydney team is established). I'll be there for as many home and away games as possible and will always bleed red and white.

I just want a ticker tape parade down George St from the Opera House to the Sydney Town Hall where the flag is raised. I'm sick of dreaming about it. I want to see it.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Must say i agree with everyone here. Roos doesnt show enough passion and i bet most of their supporters do drive friggin 4 wheel drives in the eastern suburbs :lol: Bloody idiots! As for the players i reckon there's alot of skill there but they dont have that edge? Whether thats coaching or the players themselves living in a city that doesnt have the passion or a mixture of both who knows. But I still have hope for the swannies even with their record. Although im only a relativley new supporter, 5 yrs, this year has brought new passion for the side for myself. They will make the 8 but unless they get the edge they wont go much further.

I just fuckin want Tadg Kennelly in the midfield and Barry Hall to get tough when attacking inside 50!!! Thier skills are being wasted, Tadg's by the coach and Barry's by not working hard enough! :evil:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Must say i agree with everyone here. Roos doesnt show enough passion and i bet most of their supporters do drive friggin 4 wheel drives in the eastern suburbs :lol: Bloody idiots! As for the players i reckon there's alot of skill there but they dont have that edge? Whether thats coaching or the players themselves living in a city that doesnt have the passion or a mixture of both who knows. But I still have hope for the swannies even with their record. Although im only a relativley new supporter, 5 yrs, this year has brought new passion for the side for myself. They will make the 8 but unless they get the edge they wont go much further.

I just fuckin want Tadg Kennelly in the midfield and Barry Hall to get tough when attacking inside 50!!! Thier skills are being wasted, Tadg's by the coach and Barry's by not working hard enough! :evil:
I think they are due for a new coach!!! :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I was never a real fan of Roos getting the job in the first place (I wanted Wallace) but have come to appreciate his coaching skills. He has a very good win ratio record since taking over from Eade. Sadly I think whilst a premiership would be great for him, the club and all us Swans supporters, pressures within the club to just make the 8 make things so much harder.

I want a fucking flag before I die. I don't want to be like other Swans fans who have died waiting. What a fucking pathetic club history that is. :evil:
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

Beaussie wrote:
I was never a real fan of Roos getting the job in the first place (I wanted Wallace) but have come to appreciate his coaching skills. He has a very good win ratio record since taking over from Eade. Sadly I think whilst a premiership would be great for him, the club and all us Swans supporters, pressures within the club to just make the 8 make things so much harder.

I want a f****** flag before I die. I don't want to be like other Swans fans who have died waiting. What a f****** pathetic club history that is. :evil:
they will get one soon enough Beaussie... I can feel it already :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

footygeek wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

I want a f****** flag before I die. I don't want to be like other Swans fans who have died waiting. What a f****** pathetic club history that is. :evil:
they will get one soon enough Beaussie... I can feel it already :lol:
I hope you're right mate. Sydney is very frightened of a complete rebuilding phase. We clearly don't have the players to win a premiership. Our own coach says that we don't compare to the Lions and Powers of the competition when it comes to our playing list. If all our players aren't playing to our full potential, well we're fucked. That's basically what our coach says.

Top 8 nothing more. Arrgghhhh. Footy is torture.

Hope I'm very, very, very wrong with that assessment above in 2005. [-o<
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thats something a coach should never say!!! "We dont have the players!" Thats fucking shit man. The coaches role is to get the best out of their players. What sort of message does this quote send????? Disgusting, has he ever read anything about coaching? I used to like the bloke, especially the way he dealt with the media but with quotes like this he obviously doesnt understand anything about sports psychology. With that comment he has basically said to his players that you are not as good as the others which is a schoolboy error!!! Especially when he has got a team of talented players which for the last 3 or 4 years have consistently knocked off the higher teams in the regular season but hasnt been able to beat the lower teams consistently.

And he still cant see that Kennelly belongs in the midfield!!!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?