TAC terminates Richmond sponsorship

Australian Football news and discussion.
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

TAC terminates Richmond sponsorship

Post by SBR »

Terrible news for Richmond supporters, they will need to find alternate guernsy's this week aswell due to the logo being an actual part of the shirt.

[quote]TAC terminates Richmond sponsorship

Media release - 1 April 2005
The Transport Accident Commission has today terminated its major sponsorship of the Richmond Football Club, effective immediately.

TAC Chief Executive Officer, Mr Stephen Grant, said the TAC was left with no alternative but to end its 16 year relationship with Richmond, following the drink-driving and speeding incident involving Tigers player, Jay Schulz.

“I wish to stress that the TAC has not taken this decision to terminate the sponsorship lightly,â€
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Just caught it on the news here and of all the clubs and players who should know better, you'd think it would be Richmond considering who their major sponsor is. TAC really had no choice but to terminate the sponsorship here. Really bad news though for the already financially struggling Tigers.
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

Very costly slip up there, sadly this was the only thing the TAC could do, but I heard that one of the members that is invovled in the Grand Prix was done for drink driving aswell. I am not sure who the guy is but I wonder if the TAC will do the same there?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Really the TAC is flawed in its logic about these type of sponsorships anyway because they have no control over how these teams operate. They are putting their reputation and faith in the hands of 40 or so young guys who generally love a bit of a drink and being young guys with an amount of fame and noteriety.

Of course the occasional one is going to make a slip-up. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. TAC are naive in this whole affair and in my opinion, Richmond are better without their cash!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Richmond are better without their cash!
The problem is they are struggling financially. I'm sure their administration weren't happy losing the $$$ from TAC.