EndRL solution to abuse - EMPTY STADIUMS

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman
Been liked: 0

EndRL solution to abuse - EMPTY STADIUMS

Post by cos789 »

Another website destroyed by the wookie
Last edited by cos789 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: EndRL solution to abuse - EMPTY STADIUMS

Post by Fred »

Yeah I saw that ... That ground the tigers played at ... Was like watching a game down at the local club ... I agree it looks amateurish and unprofessional and the nrl will is wise to go to better stadiums
Veni, vidi, vici
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

Phelpsy wrote:
Yeah I saw that ... That ground the tigers played at ... Was like watching a game down at the local club ... I agree it looks amateurish and unprofessional and the nrl will is wise to go to better stadiums
you have to attract a crowd to justify better stadiums!

hence the AFL back in the 80s & early 90a, started moving big games to the MCG, because clubs regularly sold out there home games at their suburban home grounds. which still held 30k
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Phelpsy wrote:
But, but, but, NRL supporters will tell you over and over again they love their suburban grounds just the way they are. Leichhardt Oval for instance was pumping last night.

Count the crowd :(/ :(/ :(/
QueenslandISAFL
Captain
Captain
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by QueenslandISAFL »

Beaussie wrote:
Phelpsy wrote:
But, but, but, NRL supporters will tell you over and over again they love their suburban grounds just the way they are. Leichhardt Oval for instance was pumping last night.

i saw more people at the shops today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NRL Fans = Basement Dwelling Virgins
Rabbit
Seniors
Seniors
Team: South Sydney FC

Post by Rabbit »

Karissa ‏@thunder_67au 24m
My lord this crowd is depressing & the fact the majority are eagles supporters just makes it worse. #worry #aflgiantseagles

Nathan Bungey ‏@bunghole42 25m
If I live pause the game at Skoda I can count the crowd #aflgiantseagles #hundredsandthousands

Mick Jeffrey ‏@MHJeffrey027 3m
As many people are waiting at perth airport for bags as are watching #aflgiantseagles in sydney.

Natalie Gerritsen ‏@nat_gerritsen 47m
Sounds like GWS have a pretty passionate fan base, despite it looking like there's about 30 people max at Skoda Stadium. #aflgiantseagles

Lachlan B ‏@LittlePiglet72 53m
Must have been "fancy dress" contest on at #SkodaStadium today for #aflgiantseagles. A lot of people have come dressed as an empty seat.

:lol:
"The Victorian game may be the best game of football, but if it is so manifestly superior, one would fancy it could plead its own cause, and not require advertising like a quack pill."
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Beaussie wrote:
Phelpsy wrote:

nRL heartland! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
adamj1300

Post by adamj1300 »

Rabbit wrote:
My lord this crowd is depressing & the fact the majority are eagles supporters just makes it worse. #worry #aflgiantseagles

If I live pause the game at Skoda I can count the crowd #aflgiantseagles #hundredsandthousands

As many people are waiting at perth airport for bags as are watching #aflgiantseagles in sydney.

Sounds like GWS have a pretty passionate fan base, despite it looking like there's about 30 people max at Skoda Stadium. #aflgiantseagles

Must have been "fancy dress" contest on at #SkodaStadium today for #aflgiantseagles. A lot of people have come dressed as an empty seat.

lets wait for the final official figures, but considering the giants in to their 2nd year, are attracting similar crowds & have similar membership, of at least 1/3 of the total NRL clubs, who have been established for 50 plus years. really who can make fun of who :D
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

gee

this one wasn't very big was it

or this one

or this one

this one
bearsy .. this ones the members stand.. & theres.... 46 people In the stands :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crowd was barely 1800

the fudging is just outta control with this mob
outta control [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(
Last edited by Raiderdave on Sat May 25, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

adamj1300 wrote:
Rabbit wrote:

lets wait for the final official figures, but considering the giants in to their 2nd year, are attracting similar crowds & have similar membership, of at least 1/3 of the total NRL clubs, who have been established for 50 plus years. really who can make fun of who :D

they are doing nothing of the sort
& fuck the official figure , its baloney :lol: :lol: :lol: .. the above fans are there
& are saying the joint is EMPTY
EMPTY

THERES NO ONE THERE ....

they have 3500 members in Sydney
& less then half of them are turning up to games , tickets are being thrown away
this mob is making NO money
NO one gives a fuck about them
they can't play
they are a disgrace
they have played in great sunny weather every time at Skoda ... imagine if it were cold & wet like it was the night before
seriously NO ONE would go
they are f.ucked
deal with it you delusional halfwit :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Phelpsy wrote:

Skoda was a fucking Ghost town today
as it was last week & will be next
infact .... it always will be

Leichardt on the other hand can & often does ..... look like this . shit for brains :cool:

RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

do ya wanna have a crack at counting this crowd dickhead ?

hmmmm
:-k

theres about 5 midgets crowds in that shot alone :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Seriously this shit is disgusting. nRL heartland... what a joke. Imagine if a Sydney nRL team was as bad as the Giants on field. :lol:

Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
Judge J

Post by Judge J »

Raiderdave wrote:
this one
bearsy .. this ones the members stand.. & theres.... 46 people In the stands :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crowd was barely 1800

the fudging is just outta control with this mob
outta control [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(
You are unable to count, Raider Dave. There is probably about 500 in that area, not 46. At a minimum.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

They are pretty ordinary crowds for the giants ... But that's kind of the point. The afl are trying to expand in a market where there is minimal interest. It is and will be quite the challenge and possibly more of a challenge then they realised. However it is in this part of Sydney where they need to grow. It is the largest untouched market for them. So in their second year they are struggling to get crowds which, given the difficulties of traditional sports in the area have on pulling crowds such as nrl clubs, this is not surprising. However that should be countered with that the afl usually draws decent crowds wherever they play. I think the issue for the afl will be whether they are leaving a footprint. Not living there but going by people who post who do, it would seem they are not. I think the crowds also reflect this as if they were people would be turning up. In the nrl this is not always the case, they can have a massive footprint but small crowds... It is just the way it is and something they are trying to rectify. So I think the giants are struggling, however it is year two as well. Time will tell. The swans struggled at the start too and they have now gained a market in Sydney after 30 years and a place in the sporting landscape of that city, it will be a longer harder call for the giants however that is the challenge as to not go into the market of western Sydney , the last frontier really for afl, may be more detrimental.
Veni, vidi, vici