Brisbane Lions and the AFL should drop their heads in shame.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Brisbane Lions and the AFL should drop their heads in shame.

Post by King-Eliagh »

And these people call themselves 'men'!! Just pathetic, firstly you have a couple of Brisbane kittens who believe kicking someone while they are down is a cool and tough thing to do. Pair of friggin wimps if you ask me and if they were playing league they would have been snotted the second they went near an injured player. But no not in AFL, they dont know the concept of sticking up for their mates 'cause they're too busy pruning themselves.

Secondly the crying :lol: Now I'm not saying its bad to cry, I just think there's certain times and places. Some league players have been known to have a cry after their last game after a long and distinguished career. Some have been known to cry after a GF loss. But I dont know of any who've broken down in uncontrollable tears, like a little kid lost at the easter show, after they've gotten an injury :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still cant stop laughing about it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard of another afl player crying after they've moved away from their mummy. Some tosser who came to the swans. :lol: And I know there's been many more :)

Well to me the AFL after just one game has proved alot of things.

1. It is a skillful game, and the competition is of a high standard.

2. The players are a bunch of softcocks, cheapshot artists and crybabies. :lol:

If only it had that tough element, it might even be a better game than league. But I cant see the players getting tough any time soon, not with the pathetic rules and fines they incur for things such as lol wrestling!

The only tough afl player going around is barry hall, he'd be a little below average on the toughness scales of league players. :D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Brisbane Lions and the AFL should drop their heads in sh

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Secondly the crying :lol: Now I'm not saying its bad to cry, I just think there's certain times and places. Some league players have been known to have a cry after their last game after a long and distinguished career. Some have been known to cry after a GF loss. But I dont know of any who've broken down in uncontrollable tears, like a little kid lost at the easter show, after they've gotten an injury :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In this instance, a picture says it all. Poor little hindy:

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

In this instance we have a picture of a man covering the pain shwoing on his face. He is not crying, many league players cover their face when in pain. They dont like to show it because they were brought up tough! Not with cotton wool wrestling rules. :lol:

The AFL needs to take a look at its rules in regards to certain things. Firstlythey should deal with these two brisbane kitty cats harshly. That sort of play isnt on in any sport, and no it wasn't tough, who cant pick on a player with a broken collarbone? Secondly they make these ultra harsh rules about tough play in a sport where physical contact occurs all the time. IMO they have gone too far and as a result their players have turned into crybabies, mummy's boys and damn right disrespectful idiots.

xman wrote:
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

KE - I'm confused.

You said in another thread that you didn't watch the game, yet you are making observations as if you were an avid watcher on theursday evening.

If you'd watched more than the highlights on the news of the incident you would have observed that Riewoldt was in fact running back into position and not running off the field when he was charged by Scott and Michael. Therefore = fair game.

In League, do players tackle other players softer if they know they have got an injury? Of course not!

Again though, it is usual practice for people to observe a game first before making suggestions about the toughness or cowardice of certain individuals playing in it!

Just a suggestion. :cool:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Even so the shots were cheap, and had nothing to do with normal gameplay. In league players will tackle injured players and run at them, this is however within normal gameplay. The cheap shots/soft nudges were dirty and although these soft nudges often occur in afl any normal viewer could see this was below the belt. And even cheaper was the lack of backup Reiwoldt recieved from his so called team mates. All in all an ugly affair that has blemished what could have been a good start to the season. Reiwoldt is a pussy, his team mates are pussy's and Scott and Michael are pussy's too. :lol:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Even so the shots were cheap, and had nothing to do with normal gameplay. In league players will tackle injured players and run at them, this is however within normal gameplay. The cheap shots/soft nudges were dirty and although these soft nudges often occur in afl any normal viewer could see this was below the belt.
Of course it was part of normal game play. Happens all the time and hardly as you say dirty tactics. Most footy fans don't have a problem with it. St Kilda fans on the other hand. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Not normal in my books. As i've said if it was in league michael and scott would have been put in a coma by 'real' teammates. I just wonder whether Reiwoldt was crying about his injury, or because he got bullied and noone cared to stick up for him. :lol: :lol:

I still have the picture of him in my head weeping like a fat 6 yr old boy who had his ice cream taken off him :lol: :lol: :lol:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Not normal in my books. As i've said if it was in league michael and scott would have been put in a coma by 'real' teammates. I just wonder whether Reiwoldt was crying about his injury, or because he got bullied and noone cared to stick up for him.
Well like me, you only saw hightlights on the news, so you really can't comment on whether his teammates came in to get involved now can you.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I can and will feel free to comment on what I saw :) . I saw cheap shots and noone doing anything about it. I saw enough to call every single stkilda player pussycats, this wouldnt have included Reiwoldt but then I saw the footage of him in tears :lol: . So yes every player. I prob only saw 10 seconds footage but in league it wouldnt take 2 seconds for an incident like that to be dealt with in the best possible way....FISTICUFFS :lol:

Just admit it beaussie and croc someone should have stuck up for him.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I can't really comment on something I didn't see in full, but whats the point of getting involved and then getting suspended or fined heavily? Doesn't really help the Saints the following week if players are suspended now does it.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No it doesn't in that way. But it goes deeper, its called mateship, there's an unwritten bond between players in contact sports, or so I thought there was. And also if someone had of jumped in on the first shoulder charge Reiwoldt wouldn't have copped anymore and may be in a better way today.

xman wrote:
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Can't agree with you on any front KE. Riewoldt was fair game and it was pretty to watch. No Riewoldt is not a pussy for crying. Just the emotions of a man in incredible pain who realises his own personal and team goals for 2005 are gone in the first round! Probably equates to a GF loss in that context!
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

The BEARS did hangs their heads in shame....It was last week at Footy Park againt the up and coming GRIMS from Port!
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Let's be honest - they fell over the line! That's all.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

big tommy wrote:
Can't agree with you on any front KE. Riewoldt was fair game and it was pretty to watch. No Riewoldt is not a pussy for crying. Just the emotions of a man in incredible pain who realises his own personal and team goals for 2005 are gone in the first round! Probably equates to a GF loss in that context!
Well it wasn't pretty to watch for me. And I cant believe the afl tribunal didnt smack them hard. I understand part of your second point, fair enough to be dissapointed with a season down the gurglar for him but it doesn't equate to a GF loss in my books. The incredible pain thing should be something players in these sports are used to but believe me a broken collarbone is nowhere near the pain of other injuries. I still think his teammates were incredible pussies not to snot those two bears good and proper in the first place.

xman wrote: